MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

8 hours ago, marg37 said:

I'm not seeing much action from VCU on the forum yet, I wonder what the deal is?

I think maybe each department at VCU has its own timeline. I got an email invitation a couple days ago to interview for graphic design. I think painting folks found out a week or more before that. It seems like all of my updates have come within the past week:

Yale: rejected (2/5)
VCU: interview (emailed on 2/8, scheduled for 2/19)
Iowa: really good vibes through email (2/9)
MICA: interview (emailed on 2/10, scheduled for 3/4)

RISD: nothing yet (assuming rejection based on earlier posts)
NC State: nothing yet
Edinburgh College of Art: nothing yet

2 hours ago, mfahopeful said:

I think maybe each department at VCU has its own timeline. I got an email invitation a couple days ago to interview for graphic design. I think painting folks found out a week or more before that. It seems like all of my updates have come within the past week:

Yale: rejected (2/5)
VCU: interview (emailed on 2/8, scheduled for 2/19)
Iowa: really good vibes through email (2/9)
MICA: interview (emailed on 2/10, scheduled for 3/4)

RISD: nothing yet (assuming rejection based on earlier posts)
NC State: nothing yet
Edinburgh College of Art: nothing yet

You heard from Iowa! That's great! I am still waiting to hear from them. What kind of email was it?

15 minutes ago, looingk said:

You guys the strangest thing just happened!!! I did not receive any email from UW yet suddenly I receive an add from the Chair of the Art Department on Skype!!!!!! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN OMG 

I would email/call them--because I'm inpatient and take such things as a sign/good reason to contact the department. 

2 minutes ago, xanderesse said:

I was invited to interview at MICA, but rejected from Yale and Northwestern... I'm still hoping Columbia and NYU come through :blink: 

I'm hoping for Columbia too and UCLA. 

1 minute ago, looingk said:

ME TOO! I LITERALLY JUST DID THAT. OH GOD...

I don't blame you! Why wait when you can just ask? I bet you'll get good news! 

10 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Is it just me, or does it seem like interviews are coming in fairly slowly this year...?

oh yeah. I'm trying to limit myself to checking once a day, but it's not going so well.

anyone else hear from Rutgers or Bard? I applied for painting...wondering if I should still hold onto hope. 

On 2/10/2016 at 9:29 PM, grandguignol said:

so far 3 of the 4 schools I applied to haven't asked me to interview. honestly feeling pretty demoralized :(

You still have one! Plus, rejection the life blood of the arts. You can't let it take you out, you have to keep working. I was rejected last year, but now I am back with better work and a stronger portfolio.

On 2/10/2016 at 9:29 PM, grandguignol said:

so far 3 of the 4 schools I applied to haven't asked me to interview. honestly feeling pretty demoralized :(

I am in the same boat. I've gotten a flat out rejection from one and wasn't asked to interview for two others. I really really hope I hear something good from one of my other two soon. Where all did you apply/in what area?

Does anyone know if RISD or UCLA asks interview candidates to send in portfolios even for Skype interviews (if I should be so lucky!)?  Thinking maybe it's wise to have two portfolios ready. The MassArt portfolio thing threw me for a loop!  

Edited by hypoart

9 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Does anyone know if RISD or UCLA asks interview candidates to send in portfolios even for Skype interviews (if I should be so lucky!)?  Thinking maybe it's wise to have two portfolios ready. The MassArt portfolio thing threw me for a loop!  

The fact that you just changed your avatar to Strawberry Switchblade makes my day.  Thank You

15 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Are you going to bring in all the work you previously submitted? I can't decide if I should bring in prints of the documentation photos for my photo and text work or just bring the actual pieces in (the small ones, anyway). 

23 minutes ago, BlCEO said:

The fact that you just changed your avatar to Strawberry Switchblade makes my day.  Thank You

I've been on the hunt for a copy of the LP.  Don't know that I'll ever find one (except for on Ebay).  Rose McDowall re-released her solo stuff, which is really good too! 

16 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

Are you going to bring in all the work you previously submitted? I can't decide if I should bring in prints of the documentation photos for my photo and text work or just bring the actual pieces in (the small ones, anyway). 

It's a Skype interview but they still requested physical prints.  I think I'm going to print my portfolio as presented or include more images from the series which comprises the majority of the portfolio in lieu of photos of the installation work.  

If the pieces are easy enough to bring with you, I think I'd do that.  The panel would be able to better assess your craftsmanship, use of materials, etc.

5 minutes ago, hypoart said:

I've been on the hunt for a copy of the LP.  Don't know that I'll ever find one (except for on Ebay).  Rose McDowall re-released her solo stuff, which is really good too!

yeah I was able to get a copy a couple years back, plus I have like 3 lp singles of theirs.  Great band.  Ill have to look into that solo stuff!