MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

13 minutes ago, Canine said:

I also received invitation for interviews from Hunter(combined Media) and VCU(sculpture).

But, I haven't heard anything from NYU.

when did you get word from VCU?

44 minutes ago, junie said:

Does anyone know if Hunter wants you to bring your actual work for interviews? I know we'll get a more detailed email later but I want to start replanning my trip/expenses asap

I don't think so. There aren't many schools that make people do that. 

1 hour ago, dleewinn said:

Has anyone heard from Alfred Ceramics? I received an email right after I applied that said they'd make decisions by early February...or not.

I also applied to Alfred for ceramics but haven't heard anything yet :/

Accepted to ASU! I've been logging into the portal daily just to see if I'd see an updated status and there was a big congratulations and admit letter waiting for me. 

If anyone else is awaiting a decision from them, check your portal! (not sure if all departments have posted decisions, though)

Edited by hypoart

3 minutes ago, trapnado said:

Has no one heard ANY word from UCLA painting? or did I just miss it

Haven't seen on here yet.  I'm still holding out hope because usually at least one person on these boards will hear something. Also not a single area from the UCLA mfa has gotten any traction on here so I'm hoping they're behind schedule this year?

8 hours ago, makyo said:

Anyone hear from Stanford MFA Art Practice yet?

I asked it here before and it was said that they probably called all people they would interview already, as, according to their Open House, the committee would meet mid to end of January. So people are assuming rejections at this point.

5 hours ago, hypoart said:

Accepted to ASU! I've been logging into the portal daily just to see if I'd see an updated status and there was a big congratulations and admit letter waiting for me. 

If anyone else is awaiting a decision from them, check your portal! (not sure if all departments have posted decisions, though)

Congrats! Mine still says  in review. I'm really hoping that's not a no. You hear anything from UNM? 

9 minutes ago, nikcav said:

Congrats! Mine still says  in review. I'm really hoping that's not a no. You hear anything from UNM? 

Thank you! I hope that you receive a positive response from them.  

I still haven't heard anything from UNM. I've been checking my mailbox relentlessly, but nothin'. Have you heard back from them?  Seems like some of the decisions were posted this upcoming week last year.  

11 hours ago, hypoart said:

Hey! Congrats! I'm accepted too, but I can't open my admit letter (there is some error "we are unable to display the requested document at this time"). So I'm dying from curiosity - what does the letter say? :)

Edited by Kate_I

7 hours ago, Kate_I said:

Hey! Congrats! I'm accepted too, but I can't open my admit letter (there is some error "we are unable to display the requested document at this time"). So I'm dying from curiosity - what does the letter say? :)

Congrats to you too! The letter is just a general notification of admission from the graduate school director. No details about aid or spots offered. Thinking that will come by mail. 

11 hours ago, hypoart said:
8 minutes ago, hypoart said:

Congrats to you too! The letter is just a general notification of admission from the graduate school director. No details about aid or spots offered. Thinking that will come by mail. 

Thank you! I was hoping it have any information about aid. I'm an international student so I really hope that nothing important will come by mail )

On 2/19/2016 at 10:37 AM, headinspace said:

Does anyone know how many candidates SAIC is interviewing for Sculpture? The invitation sets out about two time slots for interviews on the 27th, which at 25 min. each would basically only allow for 10 interviews... Which is how many people the program accepts. Unless there are interviews on the 28th too?

For painting there are interviews on both the 27th and 28th, so I am assuming they are doing the same for sculpture? Not sure!

On 2/18/2016 at 1:12 PM, Gbamics said:
On 2/19/2016 at 2:43 PM, jenniebk said:

I also applied to Alfred for ceramics but haven't heard anything yet :/

Have your heard for University of Nebraska? What does your application status on your MyRed say?

Anyone else apply to University of Nebraska-Lincoln for ceramics and recieved a response, or checked application status?

From what I have heard, acceptances for ceramics have gone out this past week from Alfred. No information about University of Nebraska Lincoln yet.