MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

4 minutes ago, sissy_vicious said:

Good luck to us! Let me know what the say regarding the timeline?

Yes, I will! I applied with a mostly visual arts portfolio, but also included writing samples & curatorial work. They seemed interested when I spoke on the phone past fall, but I have not heard anything since.

1 hour ago, straightlines said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection from ASU or University of Washington yet? I know some people have gotten acceptances and interviews, so I'm kind of assuming no news is bad news at this point.

I applied to ASU and have not yet received my rejection. I'm just assuming it at this point since others have gotten acceptances. My application still says In Review though, so I keep holding on to the last strand of hope that maybe if some people turn down the offer I may have a chance...not sure if they would have notified waitlists or not though.

2 hours ago, straightlines said:

Has anyone gotten a rejection from ASU or University of Washington yet? I know some people have gotten acceptances and interviews, so I'm kind of assuming no news is bad news at this point.

I had interview last sunday with u of washington for painting

44 minutes ago, Vun Hun said:

I have reached a new low! Along with checking my app status and inbox 100 times a day, I've now begun to dig through my spam folder. The psychosis is overwhelming and if I have to wait till July ima need a heart transplant.

I'm right there along with you. I basically check all my applications at least once a day, my e-mail constantly, and I am definitely checking my spam folder as well. I have until maybe mid March to early April to find out and the time is just creeping by. I've never thought of myself as such as spaz. At least this thread is helping, seeing people like you post. haha

Does anyone know if the interview notifications for Hunter, Columbia, and NYU (painting) are most likely over? If so, does this mean I assume rejection? Or possibly still have a shot? Ugh. The stress. 

6 minutes ago, llyMx said:

Does anyone know if the interview notifications for Hunter, Columbia, and NYU (painting) are most likely over? If so, does this mean I assume rejection? Or possibly still have a shot? Ugh. The stress. 

I have interviews scheduled with both Hunter and Columbia for painting. I believe all interview invites have gone out but assume nothing until you hear the final word. 

Edited by trapnado

1 minute ago, trapnado said:

I have interviews scheduled with both Hunter and Columbia for painting. I believe all interview invites have gone out. 

Okay, good to know, and congratulations! That's really exciting!

1 minute ago, llyMx said:

Okay, good to know, and congratulations! That's really exciting!

I edited my previous post in case you missed it. "Assume nothing until the final word"

unfortunately the final word generally comes way later. 

3 hours ago, efacdarg1 said:

Dogss: 

Sorry to hear. Were you applying painting drawing in Visual Art, out of curiosity. 

Yep, painting and drawing. I am pretty bummed about it. Starting to think I should start getting ready for next year.

41 minutes ago, llyMx said:

I'm right there along with you. I basically check all my applications at least once a day, my e-mail constantly, and I am definitely checking my spam folder as well. I have until maybe mid March to early April to find out and the time is just creeping by. I've never thought of myself as such as spaz. At least this thread is helping, seeing people like you post. haha

You're very welcome. I'm happy my trolli sour candy personality is amusing. Like most, I can't wait for the wait to end. My heart is scarred from the process and rejected or not; I'm raising hell.tumblr_inline_nkb0mp3Y2O1sggbtc.gif.dd49

27 minutes ago, Pittmansboy16 said:

I got a call from UCLA painting today!  I got in!  So pumped rite now!  I am sure others will be getting a call soon. 

Congratulations!!!! Did they interview you before the call?

54 minutes ago, Pittmansboy16 said:

I got a call from UCLA painting today!  I got in!  So pumped rite now!  I am sure others will be getting a call soon. 

congrats! when did they call you? did you interview?

1 hour ago, Pittmansboy16 said:

Congrats!!! We're all dying to know... did you interview?  Did they call during business hours?  Hows the funding?!
Thats so amazing!!  Did you apply to any other schools or are you set on UCLA?

12 hours ago, Tenbu said:

I  just received a rejection from University of Nebraska (painting), I also received a call from University of Florida and was put on the wait list, they informed me that they only accepted 4 people into the program (so if you are one of the lucky 4 and are not planning on attending... wink wink!!)

University of Washington -

University of Nebraska - Rejected

Indiana University - Bloomington -

University of Florida - Wait listed

University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth - Accepted

Southern Illinois University - Carbondale -

will do

7 hours ago, llyMx said:

I'm in the same boat with Hunter and Columbia. It's hard to stay positive!

Hey, guys. I just found this forum a few days ago, hope it's not too late to say hello.

I am so glad there is a freak-out forum, gathering art students around the world and helping each other instead of losing their minds while waiting for the reply of their dream school, LoL.

I am a photographer and filmmaker, but I would like to regard myself as a foodie who loves gym, traveling and music. I present the inspirations from all this areas in my photos and videos. Looking forward to encounter others who share the common interests.

The school I am applying are:

SVA

SFAI (Interviewed on 2.20)

Columbia University

Calarts

RISD

The programs are all about photography/studio arts or multimedia.

Anyone have the same application list? Feel free to hit me up~

Btw, I am an international applicant.

12 hours ago, llyMx said:

Haven't heard anything from Columbia either...assuming that means rejection is pending too. NYU has painting interviews scheduled for this Thursday and Friday.

Good luck!