MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

9 minutes ago, Owl1 said:

Got interviews with Goldsmiths and RCA. It's so weird... The American schools don't seem to like my art much but the British schools are very interested. What's up with that? Not that it's much of a problem though. Living in Europe for 2 years would be sweet. :)

This is my experience so far with the UK - same 2 schools have accepted me. RCA accepted within 2 weeks of receiving my application way back in December. Granted it was for curating, and they have absolutely no financial aid for me, but still?

5 minutes ago, dride said:

Has anyone interviewed or heard anything back from Notre Dame?  I had an interview but it has been a week with nothing.

Be grateful that u at least had an interview, many don't. And I had my interview 2 weeks ago too, but I still assume rejection. Why cuz they say that there is no room, and u have to be either be A) a Martian or B. Harry Potter

Just now, Vun Hun said:

Be grateful that u at least had an interview, many don't. And I had my interview 2 weeks ago too, but I still assume rejection. Why cuz they say that there is no room, and u have to be either be A) a Martian or B. Harry Potter

you consistenly crack me up.  Don't be so down!  What programs are you still waiting to hear from? 

3 minutes ago, Alment said:

you consistenly crack me up.  Don't be so down!  What programs are you still waiting to hear from? 

figurative drawing and painting at Csulb my one and only choice, and you're welcome. I know that we are all feeling the same way, we all have mutant x genes, and  nobody understands us, but one of these days we'll reach paradise. Amen.

Hi guys,

longtime lurker here.

was wondering if anyone has heard anything about ucla new genres. I thought after nothing last week it was a no, but then painting guy got a call yesterday, so maybe there is still hope?

Also anyone else going to the Calarts interview day marathon? I thought I saw someone earlier but I forgot who! 

For those who applied, Calarts doesn't have genres (i.e. Painting sculpture new genres), it's all art so if you haven't heard something by now it may not be good :/ 

best of luck to those with interviews!

:)

Edited by Beckstafford
Too long..

Both my interviews with UW went really amazingly, it would be really disappointing if I'm not accepted. They did mention that I was one of 9 shortlisted applicants, and that they'll be choosing only three from that list which makes me really anxious. 

On 2/9/2016 at 2:09 AM, KRT said:

Hi all. Congrats to everyone who has interviews and acceptances. And know that rejections only mean that you are meant to go somewhere better suited for you and your work. I am checking my status obsessively as you all probably are! 

MFA Painting 

OU

Indiana B. 

Rutgers

SUNY New Paltz

SUNY Purchase

University at Buffalo

Tulane

Burren College of Art- Interview 

If you are thinking about studying abroad, be sure to check out some other places regarding price and value - there is a lot there for way less http://www.mastersportal.eu/

Been lurking here for a while now, but I was just wondering if I could get an opinion from anyone?

Do you know if it's a bad thing to get your MFA from the same school where you got your undergraduate degree? I'm asking because I got accepted to my alma mater and rejected from everywhere else I've applied so far and I'm not very optimistic haha.

On September 6, 2015 at 8:25 AM, tdevo412 said:

Hi 

On February 16, 2016 at 2:04 PM, frutas said:

Bard Sculpture rejection came in today.

If anyone hears from UCLA or VCU let us know.

-----
Yale: Rejected
Bard: Rejected
VCU: Waiting
UCLA: Waiting

Just heard from VCU, wait listed in painting. Hopefully you will hear soon!

On February 16, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Madi1897 said:

Has anyone heard from MICA about interviews? Specifically Mount Royal?

I just had an interview with Hoffberger yesterday, so perhaps they are still processing apps. Good luck!

Has anyone else heard from NYAA? I was accepted, but with little scholarship and NYC costs it's looking grim. I also wonder how many people are accepted each year there for MFA painting? And any comparisons to PAFA? Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, headinspace said:

Congratulations @gtakaoka!!! That's really exciting. How did you hear?

Thank headinspace and @MrBixler!

Headinspace, it was a little scary actually. I had a missed call from Josh Mosley around 6pm my time  on Tuesday night (which was 9pm Pennsylvania time) and by the time I got the message it was too late to call back. The message just said that he wanted to have a brief chat with me and to call him back. I did not manage to touch base with him until the following evening so I spent a whole day freaking out about whether I got in, or they were calling about an application error/missing transcript, or I don't know what.

But yeah. The "TL;DR" version is that I heard by phone.

1 hour ago, keris said:

I just had an interview with Hoffberger yesterday, so perhaps they are still processing apps. Good luck!

@Madi1897 The last I heard was that the committee is still processing applications. In addition, I was informed that some applicants are automatically accepted and don't have to interview. Hope that helps!