MFA 2016 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

Xxanderr

5 hours ago, ss2 said:

Anyone apply to SVA? I feel like no one on this forum has? 

I had an interview with SVA on Monday.  It was for painting.  I got the request via email on Sunday.

Received an invitation to interview at Hunter March 12, but wondering if I'm expected to bring in actual work (or some sort of hard copy of a portfolio) for the interview? That might be dumb question, but I'm just not sure. Reactions so far have ranged form "of course, dummy" to "no, that's very rare that they would expect that." Help!

Also received a rejection from Bard a week or so ago and still waiting to hear from Rutgers.

1 hour ago, sstout84 said:

Received an invitation to interview at Hunter March 12, but wondering if I'm expected to bring in actual work (or some sort of hard copy of a portfolio) for the interview? That might be dumb question, but I'm just not sure. Reactions so far have ranged form "of course, dummy" to "no, that's very rare that they would expect that." Help!

Also received a rejection from Bard a week or so ago and still waiting to hear from Rutgers.

Interviews are a whole different kind of stress, lol. You should check out the interview thread. Very helpful! 

Edited by meganmoriartyart
spelling error

I thought finishing my applications 2 months before the deadline would look good and alleviate my stress. I thought brushing up against the deadline would be anxiety inducing and I would be panicked that I wouldn't get things in in time. 

I was so wrong. I had already been waiting for results for 2 months before most people even applied. If I don't get in anywhere and I end up doing this whole rigamarole again, I am going to submit on the day of the deadline. I am so tired of waiting for decisions ugghhh I'm so dumb ugghhh my stomach hurts. 

I've been reading this blog for a while, most people haven't applied to similar schools as me. But here's my list, just wondering if anyone has heard from the schools I haven't. This is my first time applying, I went for more middle of the road schools.

This is all for painting, btw.

University of Wisconsin- waitlisted

Minneapolis College of Art and Design- accepted

University of New Mexico- accepted

Tennessee Knoxville- interviewed

University of Kansas- interviewed

University of Michigan- rejected

Iowa- 

University of Indiana-

UT Austin-

Michigan State-

4 hours ago, sstout84 said:

well then i suppose i am not the only one that hasn't heard back from Rutgers. I wonder how many applications they received lol

@nikcav Yep, mine still says in review too. I'd like to think they just haven't finished reviewing some of the applications yet. I messed up and sent in my transcript late and it took forever for it to be processed so I feel like I might have ruined my chances anyway. Which sucks because this was my top choice.

@painthuffer yeah if interviews already happened I'm guessing that's no chance for me then. Congrats to you, though, hope you get in!

My CU Boulder application status now says "A decision on your application has been made. You will be contacted with further details." So hopefully they'll be sending out decisions soon. I'm pretty sure they interview though so that's probably bad news for me.

@straightlines My transcript got in really late too because of some issues. Hopefully that's not what this is about. They're my top choice too. Congrats though on UA and UNM, I would have loved either of those but they're the only ones that have outright rejected me. @hypoart did you ever get an official acceptance from ASU via mail/email or has it only been the one on their site? 

26 minutes ago, SalmonJerky said:

I've been lurking forever.

But here's some updates

SAIC - 2.27

UCI  - Interviewed

CalArt - no response, assume rejected

UCLA - waiting

RISD - waiting

How was your UCI interview, if you don't mind me asking? Mine is on Tuesday. 

10 minutes ago, nikcav said:

@straightlines My transcript got in really late too because of some issues. Hopefully that's not what this is about. They're my top choice too. Congrats though on UA and UNM, I would have loved either of those but they're the only ones that have outright rejected me. @hypoart did you ever get an official acceptance from ASU via mail/email or has it only been the one on their site? 

I received an email the day after checking the portal.

1 hour ago, LAPHYSICS said:

Interviewed at Goldsmith's!

Cornell - Waitlisted

CGU - Accepted

SAIC - Interviewed

Goldsmith's - Interviewed

Yale - Rejected

UCLA - Waiting

Painting MFA btw

Did you already interview with SAIC? If so, what was your experience like?

32 minutes ago, cpw0021 said:

How was your UCI interview, if you don't mind me asking? Mine is on Tuesday. 

It was mostly about my work. It was a bit challenging. Given that it was my first interview I can't compare this one to another one. There were also questions about why UCI, and future goals. Things that you may already mentioned in your statement of purpose. 

1 hour ago, SalmonJerky said:

It was mostly about my work. It was a bit challenging. Given that it was my first interview I can't compare this one to another one. There were also questions about why UCI, and future goals. Things that you may already mentioned in your statement of purpose. 

good luck with your UCI interview ;)

Got interviews with Goldsmiths and RCA. It's so weird... The American schools don't seem to like my art much but the British schools are very interested. What's up with that? Not that it's much of a problem though. Living in Europe for 2 years would be sweet. :)

14 hours ago, ss2 said:

Anyone apply to SVA? I feel like no one on this forum has? 

It's definitely hard to stay positive, but I guess there is always still a chance! I've also applied to SVA for painting. I haven't heard a word. My application says "you should receive a decision soon," but also says, "decisions will be made by April 1." I really hope it's sooner. 

20 hours ago, Pittmansboy16 said:

I got a call from UCLA painting today!  I got in!  So pumped rite now!  I am sure others will be getting a call soon. 

ahhhhh congratulations! you must be so excited! Did anyone else get a call from ULCA for painting? And did you do an interview before? (no news from my end)

And for the Hunter interviews, did anyone else get another email regarding details yet? I still haven't gotten mine and was thinking maybe I should call them or something

6 hours ago, thetylerlynch said:

I thought finishing my applications 2 months before the deadline would look good and alleviate my stress. I thought brushing up against the deadline would be anxiety inducing and I would be panicked that I wouldn't get things in in time. 

I was so wrong. I had already been waiting for results for 2 months before most people even applied. If I don't get in anywhere and I end up doing this whole rigamarole again, I am going to submit on the day of the deadline. I am so tired of waiting for decisions ugghhh I'm so dumb ugghhh my stomach hurts. 

Be strong young padawan