2016 Applicants

59 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Wait listed at one of my top choices, UWSP. Happy to have heard relatively early, but now it's going to be torture waiting until after April 15th to see if there's any room for me!

I also just got waitlisted at UW Stevens Point! No clue on how many people are on the waitlist or anything, but I'll take it over a flat out no from the first school I heard back from! Hope they have some room for us! :)

2 minutes ago, koalalover1 said:

I also just got waitlisted at UW Stevens Point! No clue on how many people are on the waitlist or anything, but I'll take it over a flat out no from the first school I heard back from! Hope they have some room for us! :)

Fingers crossed! If I am remembering correctly from last year, both they and UW Milwaukee saw some solid movement on their wait lists after April 15th. And congrats on not having a rejection as your first response :)

15 minutes ago, cosmicmorgan said:

Fingers crossed! If I am remembering correctly from last year, both they and UW Milwaukee saw some solid movement on their wait lists after April 15th. And congrats on not having a rejection as your first response :)

I actually applied to five of your schools! Grand Valley State, Illinois State, UW Milwaukee, UW Stevens Point, UW Whitewater! 

I received my 1st response this afternoon and it was an acceptance to the University of Oregon. I am in complete shock. I keep thinking it must be a mistake and that they are going to send a recall email any minute, lol. I was really convinced I wouldn't get in anywhere because of my low cumulative GPA.  Not even sure how to feel right now... 

11 minutes ago, Lunalulu2 said:

I received my 1st response this afternoon and it was an acceptance to the University of Oregon. I am in complete shock. I keep thinking it must be a mistake and that they are going to send a recall email any minute, lol. I was really convinced I wouldn't get in anywhere because of my low cumulative GPA.  Not even sure how to feel right now... 

Congratulations!  It's an amazing feeling, right? :)

5 hours ago, Kanga said:

Obviously I can't speak to UVM, but can tell you one thing.....my daughter was sent an email acceptance to a school which people here posted they received a phone call, and then for another school she received a phone call for an interview when others reported getting an email. Obviously different schools than UVM, but I want to throw that in the mix. I wouldn't necessarily assume one contact way over another.

I guess it applies to UVM too, because I just got an acceptance letter on my portal but no call! Which almost makes me nervous that its a mistake haha

4 minutes ago, nat22 said:

I guess it applies to UVM too, because I just got an acceptance letter on my portal but no call! Which almost makes me nervous that its a mistake haha

What portal are you looking at? Did they send you an email with a link or is there a certain portal we should be checking?!

4 minutes ago, jelizabethvt said:

What portal are you looking at? Did they send you an email with a link or is there a certain portal we should be checking?!

they emailed me around 4 saying a decision has been made with a link attached!

51 minutes ago, nat22 said:

When did you apply? And was it the apply yourself portal? Congrats!

1 hour ago, slptobe92 said:

When did you apply? And was it the apply yourself portal? Congrats!

thanks! yea it was. I dont really remember the exact date of csdcas, maybe 3 weeks before the deadline, but I remember that I didn't send in my supplemental app until really late..like the last day of dec??? i applied to loyola too! do you have any idea when we'll hear backk?

Edited by nat22

20 minutes ago, nat22 said:

thanks! yea it was. I dont really remember the exact date of csdcas, maybe 3 weeks before the deadline, but I remember that I didn't send in my supplemental app until really late..like the last day of dec??? i applied to loyola too! do you have any idea when we'll hear backk?

darn I applied around november i hope that's not a bad sign for me :( but i guess my application wasn't officially complete until mid december when my transcript came through.

but loyola said in an email they would send letters no later than march 31st!

Hi everyone. :-) I also got an acceptance email from the University of Oregon this morning. I wasn't expecting it and I'm happy but still kind of numb. I only applied to UO and PSU, so I'll just have to see what PSU says and go from there. I'm so excited...underneath the shock. I'm also scared. Haha. But thankful I don't have to go through this process again. Congratulations to everyone who has received good news, and best wishes to all. I've spent so much time reading this forum and relating to all the experiences and emotions.

17 minutes ago, Cowsy said:

Hi everyone. :-) I also got an acceptance email from the University of Oregon this morning. I wasn't expecting it and I'm happy but still kind of numb. I only applied to UO and PSU, so I'll just have to see what PSU says and go from there. I'm so excited...underneath the shock. I'm also scared. Haha. But thankful I don't have to go through this process again. Congratulations to everyone who has received good news, and best wishes to all. I've spent so much time reading this forum and relating to all the experiences and emotions.

Congrats! :)

On 2/24/2016 at 10:14 PM, flowerbloom said:

Yes, I have. I got my offer of admissions on February 10th. However, since they do rolling admissions, they seem to evaluate the applications in the order that they came in and then render decisions, rather than all at once. I submitted my application at the beginning of January and I heard back about a month later, whereas my friend who submitted her application at the beginning of February has not heard back yet. I think it really depends on when you submitted your application.

Congratulations on your acceptance, flowerbloom! 

Thanks for the info. I didn't finish my application until mid-January, so I'll just hang tight. 

22 hours ago, esopha said:

I also heard back from GWU, although I was waitlisted. I finished my application in November(!) because I was trying to get the ones with shorter SOPs out of the way.

Thanks for the info, esopha!

22 hours ago, esopha said:

I also heard back from GWU, although I was waitlisted. I finished my application in November(!) because I was trying to get the ones with shorter SOPs out of the way.

I'm still waiting to hear from GWU too.  I'm a little surprised I haven't heard yet, given that it's almost the end of February.  I applied at the end of December.  Nothing to do but keep waiting I guess!

36 minutes ago, SLPgradstudent said:

I'm still waiting to hear from GWU too.  I'm a little surprised I haven't heard yet, given that it's almost the end of February.  I applied at the end of December.  Nothing to do but keep waiting I guess!

Hi SLPgradstudent! I hadn't checked my application portal in a while, and someone on another forum suggested I do so. I had a waitlist letter linked at the bottom of my account, just posted yesterday. Might be worth checking again today?

Best of luck to you!