2016 Applicants

I feel for you NAU folk! I hope they just sent out incomplete acceptances to accepted applicants too, and that people who weren't accepted didn't mistakenly receive them. That was my nightmare when applying last year, and when I got my first acceptance in February, I was so afraid of a recall email, which thankfully never came. Congratulations!

11 hours ago, Hk400 said:

Hey, I've been checking these boards and the results board obsessively for awhile like a few others. I finally decided to join cause NAU is really confusing me and I didn't see anyone else post about it. Today I received several emails from NAU. The first saying I was accepted, the next saying to recall the previous one, then another acceptance, and another recall (all within the same hour at around 5pm). Finally, I received another acceptance at about 6pm.. no recall so far and it looked slightly different from the previous ones. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up until I can give them a call tomorrow, but was wondering has this happened to anybody else?

Omg. That is awful. I think I would be dead from the stress. I would definitely give them a call or an email - it sounds like you might be in!

12 hours ago, CBG321 said:

YES, the exact same thing happened to me.  I responded to the recall asking so does this mean I am not accepted and she told me "congratulations you have been accepted sorry for the confusion"  I think there was some issues with the email being sent incomplete or something?  I got like 6 though too, I would also double check but I think you're in!!!  Congrats!  

Congrats to both of you for getting accepted into NAU!!  It sounds like they might've had some issues with emails, but it definitely sounds like you've been accepted. :) Did you apply to the summers or the full time program?

So I just called and I am officially in!!!! They just had issues with the subject and attachments not being attached at first. I'm excited, but it's still hard to believe, cause I've been freaking out about not getting in anywhere. Thanks to those who said congrats! And @cway I applied to the full time regular track. 

42 minutes ago, MrsH said:

any word on Montclair? Thanks! 

I'm waiting on that one as well. I checked my app on their portal last night but no changes. 

@thefronge you got the invite via e-mail, right? Would they be sending their rejections at the same time you think? Truthfully, I don't expect to get an interview with them because they're sooo competitive, but I just hate waiting for an answer. But best of luck! Hope it goes well :)

Just now, MrsH said:

@rzilby good luck again! And yea, I haven't heard from BU either about an interview ... Maybe there's still hope! 

Thanks, you as well! I'm hoping that no answer means no rejection yet at least. I'm not sure if they do it in waves, or only to one group, but I'm trying to be positive. It seems like now is the time we're starting to hear back!

I still haven't heard anything from St. Rose as well, which is driving me crazy :(

Well, ironically, I got the rejection from BU right after posting this. But I really didn't expect to get an interview from them in the first place, it was more of a reach and hope I get lucky school :rolleyes:. Truthfully, I'm more happy to have a definite answer than I am disappointed.

Best of luck to everyone who did get interviews!

I got an e-mail from Portland State University just now! I almost had a heart attack because it's my top choice.

"Hello!

Thank you again for applying to PSU's Speech and Hearing Sciences graduate program. 

At this time, our department requires additional information to begin our review process.

Please click on the link below and complete the survey by Friday, February 19, 2016...."

It just asked for us to fill out our name, preferred e-mail according to our application, and our GPA from our most recent BA/BS school, and our GPA from the school we used to complete pre-reqs.

Now I can sit here and wait with anxiety until I hear back. Earlier their e-mails promised a response by mid-March. I'll be in Japan and I really don't want to cry over a rejection on my vacation lol. :unsure:

23 minutes ago, OverCaffeinated said:

u mean NYMC? thats different from NYU steinhardt 

New York University (NYU Steinhardt) Communication Disorder/ Speech Language Pathology, PhD (F16) Interview via E-mail on 8 Feb 2016   8 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • Invited to interview with a panel of faculty members next week.

Just now, nat22 said:
New York University (NYU Steinhardt) Communication Disorder/ Speech Language Pathology, PhD (F16) Interview via E-mail on 8 Feb 2016   8 Feb 2016
  • report spam
  • Invited to interview with a panel of faculty members next week.

a phd program is not the same as the masters program

13 hours ago, flowerbloom said:

I really want to hear back from the University of Washington, Twin Cities, and the University of Iowa. Has anyone heard from anything from these places?

I only got the prerequisite email from Iowa. I really want to hear back from them, too!