2016 Applicants

21 minutes ago, ohiostatestudent627 said:

Does anyone know how many people they put on the waitlist at Wisconsin- Madison? Or possibly if any people got offers from the waitlist previously? :wacko:

@ohiostatestudent627 I also got waitlisted at Wisconsin-Madison :/ I'm also wondering how many of us are on the waitlist.....

1 hour ago, lindsey8 said:

@ohiostatestudent627 I also got waitlisted at Wisconsin-Madison :/ I'm also wondering how many of us are on the waitlist.....

I'm thinking about emailing Maureen some time this week to gather some more info due to the vague nature of the email. I'll let you know if she passes along and pertinent info! 

4 hours ago, lindsey8 said:

@SLPgradstudent UMD is one of my top choices, so chances are very good I will attend, but I am going to wait to hear from other schools before I decide! I see you're applying to GW too. I'm hoping to hear from them soon!

Let me know when you decide lindsey!  It would be great to meet some of our cohort before the semester starts!

Don't tell GW, but I don't really feel like it matters that much now whether I get in there or not.  It's a great school, but it was myback up plan.  I don't need a backup plan anymore, so yay!  If I do get in, then I'll give up my spot for someone who really wants to go there.

1 hour ago, flapjackal said:

I just received an interview time from Emerson! Looks like they're still sending them out, so don't lose hope!

Does anyone know if they have a strong preference for Skype vs. going in person?

Their website says they "strongly prefer" in person but that you can do skype if you're unable to travel there

To those who applied to University of South Carolina any idea when we will be haring back from them? Their deadline was 01/01. I haven't received any email from them after I submitted my application. Do they also have a portal where we need to log in or something ? Any information will be helpful!

Thanks!

Hey everyone! I finally decided to make an account. I've just been lurking on the forums and results pages for awhile now. I saw a few people posted on the results page that they received acceptances for Saint Louis University (Congrats!). Does anyone know if they have a rolling admissions process and are sending them out in waves? I called the graduate admissions department on Monday and they said my application was still listed as "under committee review". I'm currently at Missouri State University and I am really hoping to move back home to the St. Louis area. 

36 minutes ago, kellshow13 said:

Hey everyone! I finally decided to make an account. I've just been lurking on the forums and results pages for awhile now. I saw a few people posted on the results page that they received acceptances for Saint Louis University (Congrats!). Does anyone know if they have a rolling admissions process and are sending them out in waves? I called the graduate admissions department on Monday and they said my application was still listed as "under committee review". I'm currently at Missouri State University and I am really hoping to move back home to the St. Louis area. 

When did you submit your application? 

also this regarding rush

• This is the response I received when asking for an update on the application status: "due to the high volume of applications that were received, the Admissions Review Committee is working thru them in stages"

(i didnt email them myself)

1 hour ago, Kanga said:

When did you submit your application? 

I submitted Mid-Late December. I hated waiting that long but one or my LOR's was not completed and they told me once I submitted that I could not switch to a new LOR writer if they backed out. So, I submitted the day they turned in their letter.

14 minutes ago, kellshow13 said:

I submitted Mid-Late December. I hated waiting that long but one or my LOR's was not completed and they told me once I submitted that I could not switch to a new LOR writer if they backed out. So, I submitted the day they turned in their letter.

My daughter has not heard either. Her app was submitted end of December. i thought that was early with a 2-1 deadline but obviously not! Her stats are 3.92 GPA (4.0 in major) and GRE: 162V, 152Q, 4.5W. Good luck to you.

Just got an e-mail from Syracuse stating that next week they'll start sending out e-mails in waves to schedule phone interviews. Here's to panicking/being hopeful.  I have a trip abroad in mid March, so I hope it's not schedule for that time lol. I was waitlisted last year, so I'm hopeful that and the continued interest in the program will work in my favor.

Has anyone else applied to Syracuse? Or visited the campus?

And even though I did the phone interview last year, I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give for those kinds of interviews? I pretty much know to look up the curriculum, clinical practice, and ask about various opportunities with the on-campus Gebbie clinic, but if anyone has anything else to suggest, I'd be super grateful for the extra advice :)

8 minutes ago, rzilby said:

Just got an e-mail from Syracuse stating that next week they'll start sending out e-mails in waves to schedule phone interviews. Here's to panicking/being hopeful.  I have a trip abroad in mid March, so I hope it's not schedule for that time lol. I was waitlisted last year, so I'm hopeful that and the continued interest in the program will work in my favor.

And even though I did the phone interview last year, I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give for those kinds of interviews? I pretty much know to look up the curriculum, clinical practice, and ask about various opportunities with the on-campus Gebbie clinic, but if anyone has anything else to suggest, I'd be super grateful for the extra advice :)

I got the same email as well.  Do you have any additional suggestions on how to prepare for their phone interview?  How long is the interview and how many questions did they ask you?

27 minutes ago, rzilby said:

18 minutes ago, rainsonata said:

I got the same email as well.  Do you have any additional suggestions on how to prepare for their phone interview?  How long is the interview and how many questions did they ask you?

I applied to Syracuse as well. I didn't get any such email. Was this in response to an enquiry email that you'll sent? I'm trying not to freak out

5 hours ago, kellshow13 said:

I submitted my application the day by which it was due and heard back from them last weekend.  So, it doesn't seem like a rolling admissions process, although they might be sorting everything according to GRE or test scores and sending letters in waves.

I did Syracuse interviews last year and they were super chill! Definitely not a lot to worry about. Just like 15 minutes on the phone with a faculty member talking about your background etc.

1 hour ago, eggfish said:

I submitted my application the day by which it was due and heard back from them last weekend.  So, it doesn't seem like a rolling admissions process, although they might be sorting everything according to GRE or test scores and sending letters in waves.

That is fast. I thought the deadline was 2-1, and you heard in a week?

Regarding the Rush supplemental applications, does anyone know if this is something everyone is invited to do, or do they actually slim down the applicants quite a bit? 

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, CalChi SLP said:

I applied to Syracuse as well. I didn't get any such email. Was this in response to an enquiry email that you'll sent? I'm trying not to freak out

Hi,

I think they send out e-mails in waves. It was the same for acceptances and rejections. I just got mine today, but I think they're finishing up the applications all through this week, so don't worry too much! Best of luck! :)

To answer rainsonata, the interview was pretty easy. I truthfully don't remember exactly what they asked. It was last year during my senior year so I was really busy then. I would just make sure you're familiar with things they offer in their program, the Glebbie clinic, and mention research opportunities you'd be interested in. Maybe read up on some recent news/achievements on their FB or their website and mention it to show more interest in the school and that you're up to date with their current achievements. 

Anyone wanna add to that list lol?

Did anyone else get this message from BU today? 

"Dear Applicant,

In order to complete your application, Boston University requires you to respond to two supplemental yes/no questions using the following link:"