2016 Applicants

49 minutes ago, SLPgradstudent said:

Seriously feeling anxious today.  Someone just posted a "waitlist" response from one of my schools, which is the first I've seen in terms any of decisions.  I am literally logging into my applications every five minutes looking for an update right now.  Which is not helping me getting my reading done for Aural Rehab...

Time to go for a walk.  Or meditate.  Or both.  (Not at the same time though!)

The amount of refreshing I do on multipe websites can be probably be categorized as some kind of form of OCD by the psychiatric association... XD

50 minutes ago, SLPgradstudent said:

Someone just posted a "waitlist" response from one of my schools, which is the first I've seen in terms any of decisions.  

I wouldn't worry too much about this until multiple students do it, last month someone posted an acceptance for my school saying how they were so excited, etc. before the application deadline even passed. I knew for a fact our professors hadn't started even reviewing applications yet but if it had been another school I would have been having extra anxiety for the past month! 

6 hours ago, seaglass0025 said:

Hi buzzbuzz, which program did you apply to for Teachers College? What deadline was it? Feeling anxious!

Hi, I applied to the Master of Science program, the deadline was Jan. 15th. Definitely a reach program for me and very expensive, but if I somehow got in I would make it work. Did you apply as well?

2 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

I wouldn't worry too much about this until multiple students do it, last month someone posted an acceptance for my school saying how they were so excited, etc. before the application deadline even passed. I knew for a fact our professors hadn't started even reviewing applications yet but if it had been another school I would have been having extra anxiety for the past month! 

Yes, that's sound advice.  Except an acceptance just showed up.  And the last 3 years running, this school has sent out the first round of decisions on February 4th, so it seems reasonable that the decisions are starting to come out now.  Thanks for the reassurance though.  It's really hard to keep my head from exploding right now!

5 minutes ago, esopha said:

I saw that acceptance and came over to post! I hope you get in, SLPgradstudent!

(I hope I get in, too, but I've been following your story and I know you've got a lot riding on this!!!)

Thank you esopha!  That means a lot to me.  I really hope you get in to all of your schools too!!!

6 hours ago, PinkSpeech said:

So that person lied?  Or was it rolling admissions?

18 minutes ago, Jolie717 said:

I wondered that myself.  I think I've seen that post (or one like it) before.  I'd like to think either it was rolling admission or maybe someone was trying to figure out how to use the survey and accidentally submitted.

On 1/26/2016 at 3:11 PM, BamaBelle said:

Hey y'all! I just got around to making an account. I was getting super antsy about hearing back from schools, but I got an email from UT Dallas today. Accepted with in-state tuition! I'm still dying to hear from the others, but at least I know I will be attending grad school in the fall!

Me too!  They have such a great program, i'm strongly considering accepting!  I'm just trying to figure out how much the tuition will be/how much aid I can get to afford it :D.  Because rent there is not looking cheap haha.  Congrats!

24 minutes ago, CBG321 said:

Me too!  They have such a great program, i'm strongly considering accepting!  I'm just trying to figure out how much the tuition will be/how much aid I can get to afford it :D.  Because rent there is not looking cheap haha.  Congrats!

Congrats to you too! The more I read about the program, the more I fall in love with it. I'm definitely hoping to find out about assistantships and other ways to afford it. I was surprised at how expensive apartments seem to be because it's like twice as much as in Tuscaloosa!

11 minutes ago, BamaBelle said:

Congrats to you too! The more I read about the program, the more I fall in love with it. I'm definitely hoping to find out about assistantships and other ways to afford it. I was surprised at how expensive apartments seem to be because it's like twice as much as in Tuscaloosa!

I know I saw someone posted somewhere how much less stress this program was for them, and considering I was told the majority of students have plenty of time for part time jobs the bonus points are adding up fast!  Yeah I was disappointed in the apartment prices I come from an expensive area so was hoping rent would be cheaper in Dallas but it is more haha.  Also anywhere I can find that is cheaper doesn't seem particularly safe or clean, which are necessary!  

Has anyone received an email from Rush with the supplementary application? It was supposed to be sent the first, so it's only a day late but I'm getting nervous I might not have made the cut :unsure:

8 hours ago, Gingiestrong said:

Hey ya'll, thought I'd share a news update for all of my fellow GVSU applicants! 

According to their website, interviews will be held on March 19th, with invitations being sent out mid-February. So basically we should all know where we stand in the next two weeks or so! Hopefully this info serves as a bit of a stress reliever for those of us freaking out about this school lol. 

Link: http://www.gvsu.edu/csd/module-news-view.htm?newsId=91EC4AE8-0B67-7B7D-CE3D3BD9D70672D5

Good luck everyone! :]

Thanks for this info! :)

1 hour ago, CBG321 said:

I know I saw someone posted somewhere how much less stress this program was for them, and considering I was told the majority of students have plenty of time for part time jobs the bonus points are adding up fast!  Yeah I was disappointed in the apartment prices I come from an expensive area so was hoping rent would be cheaper in Dallas but it is more haha.  Also anywhere I can find that is cheaper doesn't seem particularly safe or clean, which are necessary!  

I applied to UTD back in December and have not heard back... I'm worried.

53 minutes ago, gosparkgo said:

Has anyone received an email from Rush with the supplementary application? It was supposed to be sent the first, so it's only a day late but I'm getting nervous I might not have made the cut :unsure:

it says they will tell you when its time, where do you see a date ? i dont see one on the website or csdcas

4 hours ago, Jolie717 said:

I assumed they just entered the wrong school. I would hope no one would just lie on there - if it had been a school other than mine I would have been worrying that I hadn't heard back until I realized they were the only one who posted anything. 

2 hours ago, speechie94 said:

I wouldn't worry just yet, we heard in the later part of January and both received "early" acceptance offers.  The school has rolling admissions so probably let some students know earlier, that being said i'm sure nobody will be declining before hearing back from other programs (sometime in the spring) so could be a bit of a waiting game, I have no insight on how the rest of their offers will proceed.  

Good luck to you!!

3 hours ago, speechie94 said:

I agree with CBG321 it is too early in the admissions process to worry! Dr. Stillman even mentioned how early it is in the email. According to the results page, it looks like they sent acceptances in waves about every two weeks from early April through mid-March! I hope you get in!!

12 hours ago, buzzbuzz11 said:

Hi, I applied to the Master of Science program, the deadline was Jan. 15th. Definitely a reach program for me and very expensive, but if I somehow got in I would make it work. Did you apply as well?

Applied to the Masters in Higher Ed! Hope we get good results ;)

23 hours ago, gosparkgo said:

Has anyone received an email from Rush with the supplementary application? It was supposed to be sent the first, so it's only a day late but I'm getting nervous I might not have made the cut :unsure:

Hi, I just received an email from Rush with the supplementary app. I guess it just took them a few days to get it sent out. Good luck!