Fall 2016 Applicants

rococo_realism

Has anyone else not yet heard back from Delaware or Rutgers? I am seeing that both acceptances and rejections went out over a week ago for both those schools. I'm frustrated that I've yet to hear from either of them. I figure I must be on a waitlist of some sort but I wish they would let me know if I was...

Meanwhile, I am also waiting on VCU, Temple, and UPenn. Anyone else? 

5 hours ago, bnaebain said:

I know we are still waiting on UPenn, but is anyone else waiting to hear back from BU? Those two results from a few weeks ago are really diminishing my hope, haha. 

I havent seen anyone comment on Penn but I am also losing hop on BU

I just received my letter of acceptance in the mail with a small scholarship. I am very happy! Now off to find more funding... LOL

No seriously, so glad I applied to the right program for me. I can still work and will be able to make it work with the small scholarship.

To the person who wrote "third round of applying" beside their Stanford admit: congrats! This type of information keeps me hopeful. I have had no positive news this season, and am starting to think that I will have to apply again next year. For anyone who got in the second or third time: what did you change? what do you think made you stand out after the first time? Please feel free to PM me. Thank you! 

Ok guys, talk me out of inquiring RE notifications for Bryn Mawr, York, and UCSC. Nothing (other than a Bryn Mawr waitlist) on the boards yet here for F16, but the waiting is killing me (it doesn't help that it's now March!). It's late for some of these programs to notify, but I'm trying to eke it out until at least March 15th.

The sane part of my brain knows I should be patient, but the rest of me wants answers. Help! :-)

6 minutes ago, Ancient Artisan said:

Anyone have any idea what is happening with Penn?

Hi! I received a very nice email from the GPD at Penn and I've been placed on a "very short" waitlist for the PhD in Art History program. The email came on Sunday and was totally unexpected. I assume this means they've notified the accepted candidates but you never know... I'm very excited as it's one of my top choices, but I don't want to get my hopes up!! 

8 minutes ago, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

The sane part of my brain knows I should be patient, but the rest of me wants answers. Help! :-)

I think it's acceptable to contact those programs as long as you have other offers that you're considering -- e.g. "Hi York, I have an offer from xyz University and I'm hoping to give them an answer soon; are you able to give me an update on my application status?"

Saw this on the board this morning:

University Of Illinois At Chicago Art History, PhD (F16) Rejected via E-mail on 3 Mar 2016  I 3 Mar 2016
  • Generic e-mail, very strange, did not expect it specially being accepted somewhere way better.

Can we keep this process respectful, please? One person's "safety school" may be someone else's dream school. We're all highly-educated professionals, let's keep it classy. I realize grad school apps are really stressful, but if someone can't take rejection without bragging and essentially putting other people beneath them then perhaps they should consider a less competitive career. 

Thank you!

On 3/3/2016 at 9:25 AM, radredhead said:

Did anyone here apply to CCS Bard? Have you received a request for interview yet?

ok doesn't look like many applied to this program, but I do see a few other curating people on here? Anyways - they emailed me today to schedule my interview! They run from march 7 - 10

Edited by radredhead

On March 2, 2016 at 2:18 PM, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

Ok guys, talk me out of inquiring RE notifications for Bryn Mawr, York, and UCSC. Nothing (other than a Bryn Mawr waitlist) on the boards yet here for F16, but the waiting is killing me (it doesn't help that it's now March!). It's late for some of these programs to notify, but I'm trying to eke it out until at least March 15th.

Hey, really sorry Schwartz! But, I think Bryn Mawr already sent out their admittances :/. Remember that you can always present your work at a conference and meet up with folks though! :)

4 minutes ago, betsy303 said:

Hey, really sorry Schwartz! But, I think Bryn Mawr already sent out their admittances :/. Remember that you can always present your work at a conference and meet up with folks though! :)

Hey Betsy, may I ask how you know?

2 minutes ago, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

Hey Betsy, may I ask how you know?

Sure! At my program, I met a student who had come from (or was going to) visit Bryn Mawr for their perspective admitted students day. I came across another one of those folks as well...eeks!

6 hours ago, betsy303 said:

Sure! At my program, I met a student who had come from (or was going to) visit Bryn Mawr for their perspective admitted students day. I came across another one of those folks as well...eeks!

Ah, well. Thanks for the info. :-)

1 hour ago, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

Sorry, I hate to be the one to say it.  Regardless what people say, I think you can still present at conferences and publish things (granted, financially it might be a bit more difficult). But, if you still get your name out there and network remember the sky is the limit! :)

3 hours ago, MaytheSchwartzBeWithYou said:

I don't want to get your hopes up, but I wouldn't totally write off Bryn Mawr yet. Maybe this year is different, but in the past they have notified really, really late and by snail mail. I applied last year and I didn't get my acceptance letter until mid March (around the 15th maybe?) and there was no admitted students day. Again, this year could be different.. 

Edited by Joan Callamezzo