Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

Has anyone got a rejection from Ryerson? I know they have started calling people who have been accepted so I'm wondering if they have sent out any rejection letters? Congrats to all who got in!!!

50 minutes ago, amcguirk said:

Has anyone got a rejection from Ryerson? I know they have started calling people who have been accepted so I'm wondering if they have sent out any rejection letters? Congrats to all who got in!!!

Nope, no calls and no rejection  lol

46 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

I'm so sorry, I thought you were in for sure. Your average is seriously incredible. Did you apply to any other schools? Waterloo's MSW program is incredibly competitive as you know so do not be too hard on yourself. 

No waterloo was the only one I applied to. Oh well. I'll try again next year! I also noticed yesterday Dalhousie is offering a certificate for mental health and addictions so maybe I'll work on that in the meantime.

1 minute ago, mswhopeful16 said:

No waterloo was the only one I applied to. Oh well. I'll try again next year! I also noticed yesterday Dalhousie is offering a certificate for mental health and addictions so maybe I'll work on that in the meantime.

The MSW for working professionals at u Windsor is still accepting applications!! I'm not sure if you have 2-3 post-grad years of experience, but I just thought I would put it out there as an option. I'm so sorry to hear about Waterloo. 

3 minutes ago, MSW16 said:

The MSW for working professionals at u Windsor is still accepting applications!! I'm not sure if you have 2-3 post-grad years of experience, but I just thought I would put it out there as an option. I'm so sorry to hear about Waterloo. 

Thanks. I have three little ones and was hoping to do it distance. I know dalhousie has a distance msw program but I live in ns and have heard employers don't give a lot of weight to that program.

2 minutes ago, mswhopeful16 said:

Thanks. I have three little ones and was hoping to do it distance. I know dalhousie has a distance msw program but I live in ns and have heard employers don't give a lot of weight to that program.

Sorry to hear about Waterloo. I know, distance options are few and far between. It's a real challenge for those who are unable to relocate. 

The certificate at Dalhousie sounds really good. Hopefully something comes together for you. 

19 hours ago, KatRousi said:

I emailed Ryerson yesterday. When I called and spoke to Milene, she told me to email the director as I only have a few days to accept York's offer. The director, Jennifer Poole, emailed me back and let me know the committee decided on rolling acceptances this year. That means they called 15 people yesterday/today and are giving them time to reply, then they are going to call the next 15 in 10 days so this way they know how much funding to offer each successful applicant. They don't want to send everything out at once so this way they can give a concrete funding offer right away. That means if you didn't get a phone call, you still might make the cut, there are 40 spots so 15 doesn't cover all of them. 

That's awesome!! That must mean you were accepted, congratulations!!!! :D My classmate is currently in the program and she LOVES it!! 

Yes, I got in - thank you!! They also offered a funding package which I wasn't expecting.

Ryerson was my first choice but then some things changed at my place of employment so I am now also considering Dalhousie distance program, which I was accepted to as well. Ryerson's program looks so amazing though...

7 hours ago, mswhopeful16 said:

So sad...I was denied to Waterloo :-(

Me too! so bummed out! also the only program I applied to. I also have little ones and was wanting a distance ed program. :(

1 hour ago, caitiko said:

Me too! so bummed out! also the only program I applied to. I also have little ones and was wanting a distance ed program. :(

Aww sorry to hear that. It's not a very good feeling, expecially when all our eggs were in one basket. 

18 hours ago, caitiko said:

Sorry to hear ?. 

22 hours ago, caitiko said:

Am sorry. I hope something else work out. What about Windsor for working professionals if you are working. 

Hi Everyone,

I have been put on the waitlist to Waterloo. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the chances are of getting an acceptance after being waitlisted?

Gahhhhh I'm going crazy! U of T could send out offers THIS WEEK! Offers were sent out on the second Friday of March for the 2 year program last year which would be the equivalent of March 11th this year. I'm trying not to get my hopes up to hear back this week, but I can't help but think that the offers could be going out soon! I really hope to hear back from at least one school by Friday...

On 3/6/2016 at 8:10 PM, mswhopeful16 said:

Aww sorry to hear that. It's not a very good feeling, expecially when all our eggs were in one basket. 

Yeah exactly :( Crappy feeling! I'm thinking lack of experience in the health care field was the main reason, particularly because your grades were so awesome! Thought you'd be in for sure. Sucks that it's so competitive!

20 hours ago, CB_MSW said:

Sorry to hear ?. 

Thanks!!

16 hours ago, MSW-UofT said:

Am sorry. I hope something else work out. What about Windsor for working professionals if you are working. 

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't yet have the three years work experience. And I really would prefer distance ed given my family situation. Might be an idea for the future though :)

31 minutes ago, rmiller said:

Hi Everyone,

I have been put on the waitlist to Waterloo. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the chances are of getting an acceptance after being waitlisted?

Congrats on making the waitlist :) I would call and see if they can tell you where you are on the waitlist. That might give you a better idea!

34 minutes ago, rmiller said:

Hi Everyone,

That's great! I think people usually have 10 days to accept or decline their offers. Hopefully that means you're not waiting long. 

Can i ask when your quest account changed? Mine still says 'application'.

I have also been waitlisted at Waterloo. I called and they couldn't tell me where I sat. They also said that some years they end up taking everyone on the waitlist and others they take very few. Just depends on the circumstances on those who were admitted. She said they will post the first round of wait-list offers in April. I was feeling pretty disappointed as I only applied there as well.

46 minutes ago, MSW16 said:

Gahhhhh I'm going crazy! U of T could send out offers THIS WEEK! Offers were sent out on the second Friday of March for the 2 year program last year which would be the equivalent of March 11th this year. I'm trying not to get my hopes up to hear back this week, but I can't help but think that the offers could be going out soon! I really hope to hear back from at least one school by Friday...

That makes two of us going crazy. :) 

52 minutes ago, CB_MSW said:

That's great! I think people usually have 10 days to accept or decline their offers. Hopefully that means you're not waiting long.

Can i ask when your quest account changed? Mine still says 'application'.

I noticed it on saturday night.