Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

12 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

Good luck everyone! I am sure you are all wonderful and beautiful people because you have chosen this truly inspirational field. You have all worked hard and your hard work will pay off! ^_^

Did you hear from Waterloo?

I just checked my ROSI and I applied for the 2 year MSW at UFT and it says invited but my SGS still says under review. I just wanted to check if that means that I got in since I can't go home and check if I received a letter from UFT (called admissions and they said ROSI doesnt mean anything just have to wait for a letter). 

On March 5, 2016 at 3:32 PM, 2016MSW said:

Yes, I got in - thank you!! They also offered a funding package which I wasn't expecting.

Ryerson was my first choice but then some things changed at my place of employment so I am now also considering Dalhousie distance program, which I was accepted to as well. Ryerson's program looks so amazing though...

Congratulations!!!! I can understand your predicament, especially if you were offered a position at your place of employment. Would you be able to go to Ryerson and still continue with your position? I would speak to Ryerson and see what they say. My roommate from Lakehead says the MSW at Ryerson is as intense as the one-year HBSW at Lakehead, but I also know some people are better at balancing school and work. But I also know placement is 3 days a week in the second semester, so its not so bad. They may allow you to do you placement at your place of work depending on the circumstance. 

msw2016app it means that you got in!!!!! Congrats you must be thrilled.Now everyone on here will be checking their ROSI like crazy. I wonder how they do the acceptances by last name, region, GPA.

My quest account still hasn't changed. Anyone else still waiting to hear back from Waterloo?

Now I'm concerned I messed up my application somehow.....this wait is killing me. 

21 minutes ago, SamSat said:

I am a former U of T student and I applied to U of T's MSW with my ROSI student no, but I cannot seem to find the registration status for this program on ROSI!! Would someone pls mind helping me out?

The registration status is on the home page of ROSI. Mine went from " no registration history" to "invited". You would see it as soon as you log in.

1 hour ago, msw2016app said:

I just checked my ROSI and I applied for the 2 year MSW at UFT and it says invited but my SGS still says under review. I just wanted to check if that means that I got in since I can't go home and check if I received a letter from UFT (called admissions and they said ROSI doesnt mean anything just have to wait for a letter). 

50 minutes ago, MSW16 said:

OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO U OF T!!! AHHHHHHHH I'M SO HAPPYYYYY!!!

Congrats, you two!! That's so exciting!!

On March 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM, amcguirk said:

What did they say? Did you get in!? Has anyone else got a call? My RAMMS still says no offers to confirm or reject at this time :( Can you tell I'm anxiously waiting lol.

7 minutes ago, avocadokween said:

So to confirm, if it says invited on ROSI, that definitely means accepted? 

Yes!!! 100%????

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has heard from York or Laurier's two year program yet?

I also applied to Lakehead's one year HBSW. For some reason, even though everything is documented as having been received on time, when I just went in to check on the status I noticed that it says incomplete. I've been trying to get a hold of the program with no luck- has anyone else ran into this problem. Kinnnnda freaking out, not gonna lie!

Sarah

Just now, Sarah Erwin said:

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has heard from York or Laurier's two year program yet?

I also applied to Lakehead's one year HBSW. For some reason, even though everything is documented as having been received on time, when I just went in to check on the status I noticed that it says incomplete. I've been trying to get a hold of the program with no luck- has anyone else ran into this problem. Kinnnnda freaking out, not gonna lie!

Sarah

Hi! If the schools are all sending offers in a similar time frame as last year then York will start sending offers this week or next and Laurier won't be sending anything until the first week of April. 

Hope this helps!!

9 minutes ago, MSW-UofT said:

Yes!!! 100%????

Are you sure it's 100%?? I heard that basically the invited status needs to be confirmed by the Registrar's office before admissions are mailed out?? Maybe I'm joyfully wrong :)

1 hour ago, msw2016app said:

1 hour ago, MSW16 said:

OMG I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO U OF T!!! AHHHHHHHH I'M SO HAPPYYYYY!!!

Congratulations you two! This is such great news :)
Out of curiosity, what were your stats? I'm surprised at how early they started giving out offers this year!

25 minutes ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Hi there,

Sarah

Call Lakehead campus in Thunder Bay, Sonya  is usually there and she almost always answers the phone. That's very strange that it says 'incomplete' Did you finish the online exam and did your references send everything in?

Advanced standing MSW at UCalgary, anyone??? I am assuming it'll be the end of March, but I am trying to figure my life out and so much of it hinges on whether or not I get in.... I suppose if I don't hear by mid-April from them or MUN, I can safely assume it's a no, correct? 

Congrats to everyone that has gotten in!!!

2 minutes ago, pinsandneedles said:

Advanced standing MSW at UCalgary, anyone??? I am assuming it'll be the end of March, but I am trying to figure my life out and so much of it hinges on whether or not I get in.... I suppose if I don't hear by mid-April from them or MUN, I can safely assume it's a no, correct? 

Congrats to everyone that has gotten in!!!

I am in the same boat, no word from U of C yet! Can you clear up for me what "advanced standing" means??!?

Also, congrats to all who were accepted to U of T and all of the other programs!!! YAY!!!! And for those of you who didn't make it this year, keep working toward it. As difficult as it is to not take it personally (I sure did my first round of rejections) its just super competitive. It does not mean you aren't strong candidates. Do whatever you can to increase the strength of your application - it will eventually get you into a program, and it will only make you a better practitioner/student when you do finally get into a program. 

Edited by KatRousi