Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

1 hour ago, Mcmaster5 said:

She said shes enjoying it- workload is pretty heavy with a lot of readings and having to respond with answers to classmates posts. I know you have to maintain a 75 average on course work. She said that there is a ton of experience within the classroom which has been humbling. Only complaint ive heard is that it was hard to get a placement and she had to do a lot of the leg work herself.

Thanks for this!! 

3 minutes ago, rachberks said:

Just want to see if anyone else has seen a change in their ROSI status for the 2 year MSW, I'm assuming they'll send out more offers next week?

They'll likely send out more offers by late next week...or perhaps in 2 weeks. Last year they sent out a second batch of offers 10 days after the first one

Edited by Applicant#1000

2 minutes ago, Applicant#1000 said:

They'll likely send out more offers by late next week...or perhaps in 2 weeks. Last year they sent out a second batch of offers 10 days after the first one

Perfect. Thanks! Back to the waiting game...:( 

1 hour ago, CB_MSW said:

Is anyone else waiting to hear from Waterloo? 

Has anyone else had some good news?!

Hey i got accepted to waterloo. Just checked hopefully some more go out soon too!

1 hour ago, CB_MSW said:

That's great news!! Congrats!!!

Thanks guys. Been such a long haul for me.. Much like a lot of others posting on here. I feel for a lot of those hoping for something that fits with family obgligations or all the other big life stuff to balance, definetly not easy. My little one will be 9 months when school starts so feeling very fortunate. Looking forward to seeing more happy posts on here with acceptances. To those that arent yet sucessful keep trying it will happen :)

3 minutes ago, Mcmaster5 said:

Thanks guys. Been such a long haul for me.. Much like a lot of others posting on here. I feel for a lot of those hoping for something that fits with family obgligations or all the other big life stuff to balance, definetly not easy. My little one will be 9 months when school starts so feeling very fortunate. Looking forward to seeing more happy posts on here with acceptances. To those that arent yet sucessful keep trying it will happen :)

Congratulations!!! :D I am happy the program is a good fit for your personal life! 

Edited by KatRousi

20 hours ago, MSW-UofT said:

I am sorry. I am in the same boat except I was rejected at York. Hang in there hun. 

Oh, that sucks, I'm sorry that happened! I hope you get some news back about your waitlists and that it is more positive.

In the meantime, I know some people who got Ryerson calls yesterday and today. I got in! So relieved.

54 minutes ago, cansocialworkr said:

Oh, that sucks, I'm sorry that happened! I hope you get some news back about your waitlists and that it is more positive.

In the meantime, I know some people who got Ryerson calls yesterday and today. I got in! So relieved.

I just checked my voicemail. I got into ryerson!!!!!

Does anyone know when we should hear for Laurier and Windsor 2 year program? Also, this may be a stupid question, where can you check your application status for Laurier? (or do we just wait for the email?) I log onto Loris and it doesn't say pending, accepted, etc.

1 hour ago, cb said:

Does anyone know when we should hear for Laurier and Windsor 2 year program? Also, this may be a stupid question, where can you check your application status for Laurier? (or do we just wait for the email?) I log onto Loris and it doesn't say pending, accepted, etc.

I'm so glad you asked this, I've been wondering the same thing with Laurier. I read online that we can check the status on loris but there is no indicator there. 

Glad it's not just me...:-P

1 hour ago, Sarah Erwin said:

I'm so glad you asked this, I've been wondering the same thing with Laurier. I read online that we can check the status on loris but there is no indicator there. 

haha ok good glad it's not just me. I emailed them so hopefully they get back to me and I'll let you know.

6 hours ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Hey,

I know that Laurier usually gives out acceptances in early April. Last year from reading the forums it was as early as April 1st-3rd I believe! I hope this helps! Let me know if you find out any different though!

6 hours ago, Sarah Erwin said:

I got an email back. It said we would receive an email and the online viewing system will update (not sure what this means, she wasn't very clear on that).

19 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

I will definitely try to do the same if my applications are not successful!! I am waiting to hear back about Waterloo's bsw program. Did you get an e-mail or was it just an update on quest?

It was an update on Quest, the letter was attached to the update

2 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey,

I know that Laurier usually gives out acceptances in early April. Last year from reading the forums it was as early as April 1st-3rd I believe! I hope this helps! Let me know if you find out any different though!

Thanks!!! Really hoping to hear from them, their program looks amazing.