Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

1 hour ago, Sarah Erwin said:

Absolutely! I did everything. When I check in the 'My Documents' section as well it shows that everything has been received, with my last one being received on January 29th which was the deadline. I received email confirmation saying that my supplementary package was complete as well, and went into the link where we did the online exam and it says it was completed. 

....sigh. As if this process wasn't stressful enough :-p.

Sorry to hear that, their responsiveness is part of the reason why I chose the school. I would email Sonya or even email the director, Marg McKee, and ask about that. I know I found out I got into the program in April, but I would get to the bottom of this if you can. Good luck, I am sorry you're going through this added stress!

3 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

No, I have not :( still waiting, but it looks like I am going to end up going to York so my spot will most likely open up IF I get in :D

Completely selfishly....

GO TO YORK!

Hahahaha

5 minutes ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey Mack,

Thank you so much for your information!! I am praying to get in, it seems like a great opportunity. I am just a little bit concerned about my overall GPA its only a 79%. I didn't do well in my first 2 years so I have been trying so hard to raise it. I do have 3400 hours of experience, 2200 of which are working directly with individuals who suffer from mental illness, specifically schizophrenia. Do you know how competitive it is to get in?

I think you sound like a great candidate. Right now the cohort is fairly mixed I think? Some with incredibly high GPA's and some less so with great experience. I think though from what you're describing you'd have a great shot, I mean 79% is nothing to sneeze at. There is 60 of us and I know that last year my friend was waitlisted but was able to jump into PT which is only taking her 5 terms

7 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

No, I have not :( still waiting, but it looks like I am going to end up going to York so my spot will most likely open up IF I get in :D

And when you decline, if you could just demand that I take your spot that'd be fantastic ;)

6 minutes ago, Mack said:

I think you sound like a great candidate. Right now the cohort is fairly mixed I think? Some with incredibly high GPA's and some less so with great experience. I think though from what you're describing you'd have a great shot, I mean 79% is nothing to sneeze at. There is 60 of us and I know that last year my friend was waitlisted but was able to jump into PT which is only taking her 5 terms

Hey, thank you so much for your support. I have really been struggling with not feeling "good enough" through this application process. It is tough. I am rooting for you!! Have you been able to get some great references from your experience in BSW?

1 minute ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey, thank you so much for your support. I have really been struggling with not feeling "good enough" through this application process. It is tough. I am rooting for you!! Have you been able to get some great references from your experience in BSW?

Thank you CalenderGirl, I'm rooting for you too.

And yes, I can completely relate to the feeling of not being "good enough". I'd reckon that the emotional journey of a graduate applicant might make some interesting social work research one day!

The faculty has been quite good and I definitely feel as though I have learned a lot

6 hours ago, msw2016app said:

I just checked my ROSI and I applied for the 2 year MSW at UFT and it says invited but my SGS still says under review. I just wanted to check if that means that I got in since I can't go home and check if I received a letter from UFT (called admissions and they said ROSI doesnt mean anything just have to wait for a letter). 

I have the same question!! My SGS says "under review" but my ROSI says "invited"-- I'm scared of getting my hopes up. Have we reached a consensus on whether or not the invited status on ROSI means we were accepted?!?

4 hours ago, pinsandneedles said:

Except that I finish my BSW this term, so they pull 13 completed credits from it and top up the other 7 from my BA :/ I am sure that when I apply for 2017 I will have way less to be worried about :) thank you for your supportive words!!

I hope it works out! I know many people who didn't make it to the two-year MSWs, but were accepted to advanced-standing programs halfway through their HBSW degree! Good luck and let us know how it goes! !

26 minutes ago, Mack said:

Completely selfishly....

GO TO YORK!

Hahahaha

LMAO!!! I probably will! Their funding package is too good, I don't think I can turn it down (plus its a great program)! 

GOOD LUCK WITH WATERLOO! I will demand they give my spot to you *IF* I get in and *IF* you somehow don't, but I am rooting for you! 

47 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

Sorry to hear that, their responsiveness is part of the reason why I chose the school. I would email Sonya or even email the director, Marg McKee, and ask about that. I know I found out I got into the program in April, but I would get to the bottom of this if you can. Good luck, I am sorry you're going through this added stress!

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it. I talked to Sonya and she said I have to talk to admissions for this as she only handles the supplementary applications. Oh well, fingers crossed. Thanks again :)

You liked the program though?

I applied to three advanced standing programs: U of T, Ryerson and York. I am about to finish my BSW and have an excellent GPA, but so far I'm waitlisted at both York and U of T and haven't heard from Ryerson. Starting to feel a little crestfallen. :(

On March 4, 2016 at 9:51 AM, WaitingWaiting4 said:

Hey CJM101, Congrats to you too! Yes, I also received my official letter earlier this week. Although I am still waiting on MUN, I will pay the deposit for Dal to hold my spot if I don't hear anything by the 15th, as it's my first choice. I am still on the fence though if I get into both. How about you? Where did you do your BSW?

Thanks!  I'm still hoping we hear from MUN by end of week so I can make my decision!  I'm just completing my BSW at University of Manitoba, which was a fully distance program.  I had a great time doing it and would recommend the program to anyone!

54 minutes ago, CJM101 said:

Thanks!  I'm still hoping we hear from MUN by end of week so I can make my decision!  I'm just completing my BSW at University of Manitoba, which was a fully distance program.  I had a great time doing it and would recommend the program to anyone!

Is MUN sending them out this week????

4 hours ago, cansocialworkr said:

I applied to three advanced standing programs: U of T, Ryerson and York. I am about to finish my BSW and have an excellent GPA, but so far I'm waitlisted at both York and U of T and haven't heard from Ryerson. Starting to feel a little crestfallen. :(

I am sorry. I am in the same boat except I was rejected at York. Hang in there hun. 

I still havent had any account changes on quest for waterloo. I know a few people on here posted about waitlisted. A friend in the program now said quite a few classmates were waitlisted but were soon offered spots not long after so there is reason to be hopeful she said. Ill continue to check quest 20 times a day..

3 hours ago, Mcmaster5 said:

I still havent had any account changes on quest for waterloo. I know a few people on here posted about waitlisted. A friend in the program now said quite a few classmates were waitlisted but were soon offered spots not long after so there is reason to be hopeful she said. Ill continue to check quest 20 times a day..

Hopefully we hear something soon.

Any feedback about the program from your friend? Is she enjoying it?

My waterloo status just changed to 'Admit'!!! I got into the program!

Time to go check Quest, everyone!!! Good luck to all of you still waiting!!! 

4 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

Wow congrats! You killed it this year, I am not surprised your experience is so great!

Just now, CalendarGirl said:

Wow congrats! You killed it this year, I am not surprised your experience is so great!

That's so sweet, thank you so much! I am very happy I persisted and kept at it! 

7 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! You did it!! 

Mine still hasn't changed!! 

1 minute ago, CB_MSW said:

Yay!!! Congratulations!!! You did it!! 

Mine still hasn't changed!! 

They may be upload slowly or going by rolling admissions? Keep refreshing :D

2 hours ago, CB_MSW said:
5 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

5 minutes ago, KatRousi said:

I will definitely try to do the same if my applications are not successful!! I am waiting to hear back about Waterloo's bsw program. Did you get an e-mail or was it just an update on quest?

2 hours ago, CB_MSW said:

She said shes enjoying it- workload is pretty heavy with a lot of readings and having to respond with answers to classmates posts. I know you have to maintain a 75 average on course work. She said that there is a ton of experience within the classroom which has been humbling. Only complaint ive heard is that it was hard to get a placement and she had to do a lot of the leg work herself.