Canadian Universities MSW. The waiting game 2016 admissions

MSW&MD

1 minute ago, sosocialworker said:

Got an email from Windsor saying I was waitlisted, I'm honestly surprised I wasn't rejected, but Ive heard they accept most waitlisted ppl.

Congrats on the waitlist!! Where did you find out that they accept most waitlisters? I am really trying to hold onto hope to my waitlist at waterloo haha,,.

4 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

Congrats on the waitlist!! Where did you find out that they accept most waitlisters? I am really trying to hold onto hope to my waitlist at waterloo haha,,.

You may have a chance, but Windsor is usually people's last choice lol. So they accept more when ppl have chosen other schools once their acceptances happen. Pppl like to stick to schools where there is a possibility of employment after graduating. Windsor's just not that school/ city.

But many schools have small waitlists so don't give up hope! :D

3 hours ago, sosocialworker said:

You may have a chance, but Windsor is usually people's last choice lol. So they accept more when ppl have chosen other schools once their acceptances happen. Pppl like to stick to schools where there is a possibility of employment after graduating. Windsor's just not that school/ city.

But many schools have small waitlists so don't give up hope! :D

Hey thanks, I know that the waiting list is 12 people, its for a one year bsw, so I am kinda hoping allot of people reject that as well because they will likely get accepted into 2 year msw programs! :DWhat is considered a small waitlist if you don't mind me asking

Glad I found this forum. I applied to the 2-year U of T MSW program and am anxiously waiting to hear! I'm finishing up a degree in human services through Athabasca with a fairly high GPA. I want to do the geriatric specialization and made that very clear in my application, so now I want to see if I get accepted. 

Good luck everyone! (And to those already accepted, Congratulations!!)

6 hours ago, CalendarGirl said:

Hey thanks, I know that the waiting list is 12 people, its for a one year bsw, so I am kinda hoping allot of people reject that as well because they will likely get accepted into 2 year msw programs! :DWhat is considered a small waitlist if you don't mind me asking

Anything that is less than half of those who are going to be accepted. 12 sounds small so it sounds like you have a great chance

Hey guys! 
Looking for some advice from some of you who may be, or may have been, in the same situation.  I received an acceptance from UBC Okanagan on March 15 and I need to Accept or Decline the offer by April 5.  However, I still haven't heard from U of T and  would like to know if I have been accepted into their 2 year program before making my final decision.  Does anyone have any advice for me for how to go about contacting U of T and asking if there is any way for them to give me an answer before April 5?  Would I contact graduate admissions or the school of social work directly?  Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

2 hours ago, sosocialworker said:

Anything that is less than half of those who are going to be accepted. 12 sounds small so it sounds like you have a great chance

yay! thats amazing, it says they accept 60-70 students!! So that is less than half!! EEEeee!! I am trying not to get my hopes up haha

20 hours ago, katkatkat said:
Hey guys! 
Looking for some advice from some of you who may be, or may have been, in the same situation.  I received an acceptance from UBC Okanagan on March 15 and I need to Accept or Decline the offer by April 5.  However, I still haven't heard from U of T and  would like to know if I have been accepted into their 2 year program before making my final decision.  Does anyone have any advice for me for how to go about contacting U of T and asking if there is any way for them to give me an answer before April 5?  Would I contact graduate admissions or the school of social work directly?  Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

I honestly would accept...you can always go back and decline but u cant go back and accept...uoft 2 year program last year had over 1000 application for the 2 year stream. I am not saying its impossible but its supwr competitive and you want to have back up.

22 hours ago, katkatkat said:
Hey guys! 

I doubt any school would make an exception and give an answer early...otherwise everyone would be messaging them saying they got offers and want an early response. If anything, I think the best that could be done is ask UBC to postpone their acceptance due date, but I agree with MSW_UofT that it makes most sense to accept it in the meantime. 

3 hours ago, MSW-UofT said:

I honestly would accept...you can always go back and decline but u cant go back and accept...uoft 2 year program last year had over 1000 application for the 2 year stream. I am not saying its impossible but its supwr competitive and you want to have back up.

2 hours ago, SW15 said:

I doubt any school would make an exception and give an answer early...otherwise everyone would be messaging them saying they got offers and want an early response. If anything, I think the best that could be done is ask UBC to postpone their acceptance due date, but I agree with MSW_UofT that it makes most sense to accept it in the meantime. 

Okay, thank you both so much for your advice!  That was definitely my plan, but just wanted to see if anyone else in the same position had any input.  Thanks again for your responses!  Much appreciated.  

36 minutes ago, katkatkat said:

Okay, thank you both so much for your advice!  That was definitely my plan, but just wanted to see if anyone else in the same position had any input.  Thanks again for your responses!  Much appreciated.  

Your super welcome..goodluck with all your other applications ?

Edited by MSW-UofT

On February 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Social Work said:

For those accepted into Laurier's advanced standing msw program, feel free to join the fb group called:

Laurier Univeristy Advanced Standing MSW 16/17

:)

Hi, 

I can't seem to find the Facebook group you're referring to, regarding Laurier University Advanced Standing MSW 16/17. Can you post a link or private message me? I'd love to join.  I'm out of province, and I knowcwe're all currently in the practicum planning process :-)  Thanks! 

22 minutes ago, kirsten107 said:

has anyone heard ANYTHING from windsor two year?

Nothing yet... Last year I know a girl who got her acceptance on March 19th. Just check my email 100x a day lol

Just now, kirsten107 said:

Lol glad I'm not the only one!

I keep checking my uWin thing too and just says "referred to department", hoping we find out one way or another soon.