Fall 2016 Clinical Psychology Applicant Thread

JoePianist

6 hours ago, rmb123 said:

Has anyone heard anything about intervews at University of Washington in Seattle? I haven't seen anything posted so I wasn't sure if I'd missed it or what!

I haven't heard anything yet. This is my second year applying there. Last year I was invited to Skype interviews on Jan. 23 and received a rejection email sent to multiple recipients on Feb. 11.

On 12/12/2015 at 4:53 PM, daisy_may said:

Looks like we are all applying to Edens haha! I applied to work with him last year too... He said that he gets 80-100 applications for his lab per year so I'm not super hopeful.

This is my second year applying... I am hoping to get into a program that has some sort of Forensic Psychology relevance, as I want to be doing Forensic Assessments. 

I am currently enrolled in George Washington's Forensic Psychology Masters. So if any of you want to talk about that program I would be glad to speak with you! 

I applied to 12 schools last year and interviewed at 3... I was the alternate at one school but ultimately didn't get in. 

This year I applied to 10... 

Sam Houston, Baylor, Texas A&M, University of Houston, Drexel, Fordham, George Mason, Alabama, John Jay, and Emory. 

Most of these programs have a forensic psych concentration or have a professor that is interested in psychological assessment.

Good luck to everyone in this niche of forensic psych applying! Its really hard to get into... I'm not expecting much out of my applications this year as I decided in October to reapply so I didn't have time to retake my GREs. Don't get disheartened if you don't receive interviews/acceptances your first year! Most of us have to go through this process multiple times as there are so many applications.. Last year Drexel had 600 applications for 7 spots. But I also am happy that I had this year in between UG and reapplying... Just looking at the differences in my applications from last year, I learned so much and was able to accumulate a lot of life experience! 

Good luck everyone! I know it is a really stressful time! Last year I started getting notified in January for interviews if that helps at all for a sense of a time line! 

I was just accepted into the Forensic Psychology program at GWU. Could I pick your brain about what to expect? Anything insight would be greatly appreciated! :D

3 hours ago, ConsciousKid said:

Hi guys,

First time posting. Long time lurker. Has anyone heard anything from the University of Rhode Island Clinical PhD. program? Interviews, acceptances, or rejections?

NEED YOUR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

In the Interviews thread, I saw that interviews have gone out. Yet I have not received anything from them.

On February 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM, pkanga said:

I was just accepted into the Forensic Psychology program at GWU. Could I pick your brain about what to expect? Anything insight would be greatly appreciated! :D

Yes PM me for any questions! I'm glad to talk to you about it :)! 

48 minutes ago, OCDreamer said:

To the person who posted the South Carolina Clinical acceptance could you PM me? Wondering if email was from POI or department. 

Congrats on the offer!

Me too please!

On February 4, 2016 at 11:24 AM, somekindaway said:

I'm waiting to hear from the Masters program at UCCS. (Glad to see someone else is as well, @cinderellacomplex!) Hopefully soon! The contact there said early February... ?

I'm also waiting to hear about the masters program at UCCS (research track).. Had heard that they accept 2-5 students out of typically 80-100 applicants? Hoping to hear soon though! 

19 hours ago, Psychologyandpizza said:

I'm also waiting to hear about the masters program at UCCS (research track).. Had heard that they accept 2-5 students out of typically 80-100 applicants? Hoping to hear soon though! 

I'm doing the clinical track! I think it's 8-10 for the clinical track and 2-5 for the experimental track, so about 10-15 out of 80-100 applicants. I spoke to the admissions office yesterday and they said they're still deliberating. The program coordinator hopes to hear back in mid-Feb, after which he'll email everyone. Good luck to you! :)

On 2/6/2016 at 7:32 AM, rmb123 said:

Has anyone heard anything about intervews at University of Washington in Seattle? I haven't seen anything posted so I wasn't sure if I'd missed it or what!

This is the correspondence I received today after sending an email:

We have extended interview invitations from the JS and LZ labs. No news has come from the other adult clinical faculty. Interview requests would be arriving either via phone or email, using the contact information provided in your submitted application. Not sure on the timing of the interview invitation extensions, but the interviews themselves should be concluded by the end of March. We have until April 15 to provide all decisions (offers/rejections) and these will be conveyed via the email listed in your submitted application.

I was slightly freaking out so I hope this helps! :rolleyes:

On December 4, 2015 at 5:58 PM, VentureIntoNothingness said:

Hey Woodsygal85, I am curious about what program in Cornell/Princeton are you applying to. It was to my impression that these schools do not have clinical psychology programs.

Hi. Yes You and JoePianist are correct. For Cornell it is their Social/Personality Program and for Princeton the Social psych program. While at Princeton, there are a broader range of research applications, I am particularly interested and have a host of research scaffolds surrounding stereotypes.

On December 4, 2015 at 6:55 PM, JoePianist said:

Awesome! You're definitely applying for several "heavy-hitters" that tend to be particularly competitive, and I truly wish you the best! Also, VentureIntoNothingness makes a good point: to my understanding, Cornell and Princeton don't offer graduate study for clinical psychology. What kind of psychology programs did you apply at Cornell and Princeton? 

Hi JoePianist, For Cornell it is their Social/Personality Program and for Princeton the Social psych program. While at Princeton, there are a broader range of research applications, I am particularly interested in and have a host of research scaffolds surrounding stereotypes.

Hi everyone! First post but I've been a long time lurker.

Has anyone heard from the Virginia Consortium post-interview? I've been dying to hear! I would appreciate any information if anyone knows or has heard anything. Thank you so much and good luck to all of you!