Fall 2016 Clinical Psychology Applicant Thread

JoePianist

23 minutes ago, artsy16 said:

Two weeks may be enough time to plan a trip somewhere, but it doesn't make it any less expensive for applicants lol

I waited to book my flight for my interview until 13 days before I need to leave and it was $400 one way!! lol so yes, they shouldn't assume it's a good turn around time. That being said, I was the one who chose to wait so long to book and they did give me enough notice. Won't do that again.

Edited by S.Elizabeth

On 1/6/2016 at 7:42 AM, emhopefulme said:

Anyone out there who applied to the clinical psych program in University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) and University of Louisville? 

Have you guys receive anything from the schools? 

Someone just posted on the results page about getting an interview at Louisville.  Hopefully you hear something soon!

3 hours ago, beyondnervous said:

SO. MANY. INVITES. ON. TGC...... holy crap. No invites have been posted from the schools I've applied to, which makes me even more anxious!!!!!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Its funny because many of the schools I've applied yo haven't either. I'm taking a soft rejection from northwestern because I know invites went out this week so I'm expecting a rejection email in the near future but otherwise...its been crickets ( I applied to 14 schools)

1 hour ago, beyondnervous said:

Not seeing any invites on TGC still gives me hope.. At least that my application is in their consideration pile LOL This period of uncertainty is killing me. I want to get off these sites.. Eh :(

Agreed...I looked up the timeline for invites last year at some of my schools and its a mixed bag but most go out starting mid January and later. My productivity at work is at an all time low because I can't curb my neuroticism...and not check my email and this site obsessively. 

23 hours ago, beyondnervous said:

It depends to the schools that you're applying to, and the specific programs (MA, PhD). Is this your first time applying? I would recommend you to look through TGC results page and type in your schools' name in the search bar - You should be able to see the timeframe of interview invites from former applicants, the method that they were contacted, and get a better answer to your question.

Thanks! Yes -- this is my first time applying to grad programs. I've only done PhD programs so far since most of my masters applications haven't been due yet. 

Edited by vandsa02

1 hour ago, asa.pearl said:

disappointed to see that Harvard interviews seem to have gone out today :(

Same boat here; I emailed to ask if all invites has gone out and apparently all the faculty do it on their own basis between now and mid February. I wish I knew the POIs of the people who go invites though...

42 minutes ago, waitingishard said:

Same boat here; I emailed to ask if all invites has gone out and apparently all the faculty do it on their own basis between now and mid February. I wish I knew the POIs of the people who go invites though...

That's quite a range of time..:wacko: I wish there was a standard timeline for acceptances/rejections for the clinical programs.

Edited by buttercup8d

12 hours ago, buttercup8d said:

Has anyone heard from UNC-Chapel Hill? Do they do phone interviews first?

My POI at UNC-Chapel Hill clinical e-mailed me to schedule a Skype interview, which we had in late December. She said I could expect to hear back about campus interview invitations in the next 2 weeks or so, but I haven't heard anything since. Their website says all Visiting Day invites will go out on Jan 22: http://clinicalpsych.unc.edu/application-process/

Has anyone heard from UC Boulder? I know one individual posted about receiving word via email on January 2nd. I would greatly appreciate finding out more information (POI and interview date). PM me :) Thanks

Edited by gypsy

5 hours ago, Applicant 1746 said:

My POI at UNC-Chapel Hill clinical e-mailed me to schedule a Skype interview, which we had in late December. She said I could expect to hear back about campus interview invitations in the next 2 weeks or so, but I haven't heard anything since. Their website says all Visiting Day invites will go out on Jan 22: http://clinicalpsych.unc.edu/application-process/

Thanks!! Do you mind PM-ing me your POI?

I received an interview invite from Wheaton College (Psy. D) this morning for their February 5 Visiting day!

I am most eager and hoping for UNC-CH to offer an invite on Jan 22 for their Feb 12 visiting day!!!

Have yet to hear from USC, UAB :( , UCSB, or Pepperdine.

Applied (6): UNC-Chapel Hill (clinical), UAB (medical-clinical), UCSB (clinical-school), Wheaton (clinical- Psy.D),  USC (clinical), Pepperdine (clinical-Psy.D)

Interview Invites (1/6): Wheaton College (Psy.D

Rejected (0/6):

Accepted (0/6):