Fall 2016 Clinical Psychology Applicant Thread

JoePianist

17 hours ago, Golfer2045 said:

Thank you!! Do you know which faculty member?

I didn't pay close attention because it wasn't my POI. She's super friendly and won't ask for your name or anything if you really want to know/give the department a call.

Has anybody heard anything from SUNY Buffalo? There were all those posts about phone interviews on the results page back in Dec, but nothing since. Also, anybody heard anything about Missouri-Columbia?

3 hours ago, 789238 said:

Has anybody heard anything from SUNY Buffalo? There were all those posts about phone interviews on the results page back in Dec, but nothing since. Also, anybody heard anything about Missouri-Columbia?

I think the invites were sent out in December. Interview is this weekend.

1 hour ago, Just_Waiting said:

Has anybody heard from the University of Oregon, or the University of Miami...I know some invites went out in early January but I was not sure whether all had been sent out

I heard from U of Miami Yesterday. It was a rejection email though :/

Just now, Psyched-out said:

I heard from U of Miami Yesterday. It was a rejection email though :/

Hmm, weird. I'm totally not expecting anything from U Miami, especially considering that on CaneLink it says they haven't received any of my materials, including reference letters, which can't be correct seeing as I got email notifications when my letter writers completed them. But who knows, maybe I'm also not hearing anything because my application is apparently incomplete?

5 minutes ago, Just_Waiting said:

Hmm, weird. I'm totally not expecting anything from U Miami, especially considering that on CaneLink it says they haven't received any of my materials, including reference letters, which can't be correct seeing as I got email notifications when my letter writers completed them. But who knows, maybe I'm also not hearing anything because my application is apparently incomplete?

That could be, I'd email them.

23 hours ago, 789238 said:

I got an invite to Missouri Columbia a few days before christmas. The interview date is 2/5. I just heard back from Missouri Kansas City and they're 2/19.

Is anyone attending the PsyD interview at Wright State University this Monday OR the interview at IUP on February 12th and want to split the cost of transportation to/from the airport?? Both programs are quite far from the airport so transportation will be expensive! Just PM me :) 

23 hours ago, L265 said:

Has anyone heard from OSU since the in-person interviews a few wks ago? 

I haven't heard anything. Wondering if I should be concerned or if it's just taking a long time this year... :/ This is torturous. 

On January 27, 2016 at 4:43 PM, Just_Waiting said:

UM's interview weekend is next week (2/4-2/6). As far as I know, all invites have gone out. There is only the 1 weekend. 

Hey so I just finished skimming most of these comments and am kinda panicing...so if you know any of this info please help!

I applied to Kent State and Florida State for the Ph.D Clinical psych programs and OSU for the IDD program and have not heard from any of them....but I saw some heard from FSU and OSU...does that mean they are one accepting? I never heard even a rejection from either and when I check my status it says in review for OSU and FSU just fixed my application because the grad school office decided not to upload my transcripts (so will I get screwed over for their error?) 

And has anyone heard from Kent? 

I appreciate any info you might know. 

-R

Edited by rjmartin2012

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

I feel a bit odd since I received neither an interview invitation nor a rejection from South Florida. Maybe I'm on a backup list?

I am in the same position and was wondering the same thing!

15 hours ago, rjmartin2012 said:

Hey so I just finished skimming most of these comments and am kinda panicing...so if you know any of this info please help!

I applied to Kent State and Florida State for the Ph.D Clinical psych programs and OSU for the IDD program and have not heard from any of them....but I saw some heard from FSU and OSU...does that mean they are one accepting? I never heard even a rejection from either and when I check my status it says in review for OSU and FSU just fixed my application because the grad school office decided not to upload my transcripts (so will I get screwed over for their error?) 

And has anyone heard from Kent? 

I appreciate any info you might know. 

-R

Hey there - I do know that Kent State's interview weekends are 2/19-2/20 and 2/26-2/27, and that I received my invite a few weeks ago after a phone interview with my POI. I'm not sure if all their invites have been sent out at this point. I hope that helps! 

42 minutes ago, simister said:

Hey there - I do know that Kent State's interview weekends are 2/19-2/20 and 2/26-2/27, and that I received my invite a few weeks ago after a phone interview with my POI. I'm not sure if all their invites have been sent out at this point. I hope that helps! 

That does, thank you for responding. I have so many issues with KSU at the moment. I found out a week or so ago that they still had not gotten my transcrips from University of Akron that I sent in Sept. and then again at the end of Dec...came to find the office of graduate studies miss alphabitized them (how you manage that I dont know).

Congrats to those getting some initial acceptances! Does anyone know when the Temple e-mails will be going out? I know at least one person has already heard directly from their POI but I'm wondering about the official e-mails from the program coordinator. Thanks!

5 hours ago, asa.pearl said:

Congrats to those getting some initial acceptances! Does anyone know when the Temple e-mails will be going out? I know at least one person has already heard directly from their POI but I'm wondering about the official e-mails from the program coordinator. Thanks!

I applied and was accepted for school psych at temple and here was how it worked for me: I heard from my POI a couple of days after the interview about an unofficial acceptance, but all admissions decisions are made by the school to which you applied. Therefore, after faculty recommendations for admission, you have to be approved by the Dean. For me, this took about 2 weeks from when my POI contacted me. Hope this is useful info! 

On 2/1/2016 at 10:12 AM, simister said:

Do you know which POIs have sent out invites? KSU is my top and I'm dying over here :/