Social Welfare/Work PhD applicants

embe87

10 hours ago, AMStudent said:

Did anyone apply to Rutgers University for the dual program? If so, have you heard back? I'm assuming I didn't get in if I haven't heard, but just in case...?

I still haven't heard back from Rutgers or Heller yet. Both of them tend to be later on in the cycle. 

I requested a summer reading list for my PhD in Social Work program, but MSU doesn't have one. I'm going to quit my job in May and will have a substantial amount of time to read!! Do any of you have book recommendations? I'm going to listen to this free course on stats for the social sciences too: https://itunes.apple.com/us/itunes-u/statistics-for-social-sciences/id597583061?mt=10&ign-mpt=uo%3D8 Thanks!!

Hi, AMStudent. I got accepted into UWM's program as well. I too am excited, but I haven't completely decided if I'm going there. It's between that one and another at this point. I had my interview over Skype, so I haven't been there. I'm thinking of visiting the first weekend in April but feel bad to make them wait so long for an answer. What are your contending offers? What did you like about it there?

Edited by MomoMama

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this up so we don't miss it amongst the flood of MSW topics! Would love to hear your updates or current deliberations. I'm also going to start a different thread for final decisions!

On March 21, 2016 at 11:57 PM, embe87 said:

Bumping this up so we don't miss it amongst the flood of MSW topics! Would love to hear your updates or current deliberations. I'm also going to start a different thread for final decisions!

If you did, please post the link of the new thread. Thanks so much! By the way, does anyone have tips on writing a decline letter? I am really terrible at saying "no" to others.

13 hours ago, Mingyang said:

If you did, please post the link of the new thread. Thanks so much! By the way, does anyone have tips on writing a decline letter? I am really terrible at saying "no" to others.

Link is here