Psych Results Search Page Questions/Clarifications

FeelTheBern

1 hour ago, FacelessMage said:

Folks who were accepted to USF: how were you notified, and did it come from your POI or from the DCT?

I got an email from my POI. The DCT is super friendly in person, but she didn't send out the offer.

2 hours ago, blubed said:

I got an email from my POI. The DCT is super friendly in person, but she didn't send out the offer.

Blubed, do you feel comfortable sharing the initials of your POI or your general area of interest? I'm having a really hard time waiting to hear back and am trying to evaluate my chances in any way I can. Thank you so much! 

57 minutes ago, wowthisprocessisstressful said:

Blubed, do you feel comfortable sharing the initials of your POI or your general area of interest? I'm having a really hard time waiting to hear back and am trying to evaluate my chances in any way I can. Thank you so much! 

Sure, I applied to the clinical program, and my main interest is addictions research, esp alcohol and tobacco. I hope this helps. I was also told that it might take a couple weeks to get a decision, so your POI might just be taking a little while longer. I'd give it another week and then maybe send out an email and ask what your status is.

10 minutes ago, blubed said:

Sure, I applied to the clinical program, and my main interest is addictions research, esp alcohol and tobacco. I hope this helps. I was also told that it might take a couple weeks to get a decision, so your POI might just be taking a little while longer. I'd give it another week and then maybe send out an email and ask what your status is.

Thanks for your response and congrats on your acceptance! Is USF your first choice? 

6 minutes ago, wowthisprocessisstressful said:

Thanks for your response and congrats on your acceptance! Is USF your first choice? 

Thanks! I didn't get an interview to my first choice. As for the interviews I did have, I didn't have a top choice going into them. They're all strong programs, and even now it's very easy for me to see the pros and cons of each program. I've been fortunate in that the schools that I wasn't crazy about also weren't crazy about me. Since my offers are fantastic fits for me, deciding is going to be awful. And I'm still waiting to hear back from one school -_- Is it your first choice?

1 minute ago, blubed said:

Thanks! I didn't get an interview to my first choice. As for the interviews I did have, I didn't have a top choice going into them. They're all strong programs, and even now it's very easy for me to see the pros and cons of each program. I've been fortunate in that the schools that I wasn't crazy about also weren't crazy about me. Since my offers are fantastic fits for me, deciding is going to be awful. And I'm still waiting to hear back from one school -_- Is it your first choice?

Yup it is! If it doesn't work out I'll be applying for RA positions and trying again in a couple of years 

Just now, wowthisprocessisstressful said:

Yup it is! If it doesn't work out I'll be applying for RA positions and trying again in a couple of years 

That was also my plan if this didn't work out. I have a couple of friends who also applied for masters, but if you can get one for "free" if you wait another application cycle, why bother?

The biggest congratulations to those of you accepted to Stanford! If you were accepted into affective science would you mind emailing me your Advisor Thank you!

On 3/1/2016 at 0:30 AM, icantseethespacebar said:

Is this for clinical? Have you heard anything from the program yet? Who is your POI? Thanks!

It's for cognitive, not clinical - I'm not sure how their timelines sync up. I've had an informal offer from my POI, but still waiting on the official letters.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone want to claim the DU PsyD admission on the results page? Curious who called.

And congrats! Super exciting that you were offered a spot as I know the program was really competitive this year.