Psych Results Search Page Questions/Clarifications

FeelTheBern

For those of you who check the Results Search page as much as I do, I thought that this would be a helpful thread for those who have questions about POIs, which psych area someone posted about, dates of interview weekends, etc., especially since the Results Search Page is anonymous and not much detail can be included. This was a thread last year and it seemed to be a success so I thought I would reignite it :)

There is already a thread for Interview Invites, so please continue to use that one to post when you have received invites from your prospective schools. This should predominantly be used for inquiries to people posting on the Results Search Page!

The following link will take you to the Psychology Results Search Page, meaning that just those posting about psych program results will pop up when you click it: http://thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=psychology&t=a&o=&p=1

Edited by SkyLy

Before I completely freak out and lose my mind- the deadline for UTSC Clinical Psych was Dec 15 but supporting documentation deadline is Jan 4 right?? I see results on the results page here about how people were contacted in December and Jan 6????? 

Someone please tell me I'm right... 

Thank you for starting this. I REALLY despise when people post in the results just to ask a question. 

@SyedahumHave you contacted them? That's the best place to get correct information. Call or email and say something like "I'd like to confirm these deadlines". 

They are probably so backed up and reply slow at this time so I thought I'd start here. I've looked on their page and see I am right, but still nervous so I am wondering if anyone has any insight before I contact them. 

1 minute ago, artsy16 said:

Thank you for starting this. I REALLY despise when people post in the results just to ask a question. 

@SyedahumHave you contacted them? That's the best place to get correct information. Call or email and say something like "I'd like to confirm these deadlines". 

Hey @Syedahum, unfortunately I do not have any answers for you about UTSC, however, my SO is in a similar predicament. He is applying to Northeastern and their deadline is not until January 1, however, someone posted that they already received an interview invite, which really confuses me...

I am not sure why a school would begin sending out invites before they have seen all of the applicants. Seems like a not so good idea?

Edited by SkyLy

4 minutes ago, SkyLy said:

Hey @Syedahum, unfortunately I do not have any answers for you about UTSC, however, my SO is in a similar predicament. He is applying to Northeastern and their deadline is not until January 1, however, someone posted that they already received an interview invite, which really confuses me...

I am not sure why a school would begin sending out invites before they have seen all of the applicants. Seems like a not so good idea?

I am not sure :( It's nerve wrecking though!

15 hours ago, SkyLy said:

To the person who posted the interview invite from University of Connecticut, was the invite sent from your POI or from the admissions assistant/director? General or personalized?

Edit: oops. This website is running slowly for me. Accidentally posted as a result.

If you mean the school psychology interviews, my SO got an interview for the MA/sixth-year program, which seems to be sending out interviews similarly to the PhD program. If anyone has different information, please feel free to correct me. My SO got a general e-mail with a form letter, but her name was added in.

Edited by shortstack51

People are already being rejected from programs-- for instance, the University of Georgia rejected three people already, but set up two interviews with others. What does this usually mean? Did they not pass minimum qualifications or something, or people who started the app but didn't finish it?

@highborn Schools only invite about 20-25 people to interview. If you weren't invited to interview, you're rejected. It doesn't really have anything to do with not meeting minimum qualifications. You just weren't chosen. If you started the app but didn't finish, you don't get anything because the department didn't even get your application. They only receive it when it's done. *Some* schools put a smaller number of people on a "waitlist" without them having interviewed, but that's more rare. 

Edited by artsy16

On 12/18/2015 at 9:54 AM, Syedahum said:

Before I completely freak out and lose my mind- the deadline for UTSC Clinical Psych was Dec 15 but supporting documentation deadline is Jan 4 right?? I see results on the results page here about how people were contacted in December and Jan 6????? 

Someone please tell me I'm right... 

I applied to UTSC Clinical too! All the best to you! :)

9 hours ago, VentureIntoNothingness said:

To the person who got accepted by UIUC. Congrats, would you mind sharing which program you got accepted into?

My goodness, what an early acceptance!! I am also interested in which area you applied and were accepted to, thanks!

22 hours ago, Syedahum said:

Thanks ! To you too! 

Supporting documents deadline is Jan 4th, right? 

Also, who's your POI? :) I'm applying to zakzanis

Ya something like that haha.

Amanda Uliaszek, Erika Carlson and Marc Fournier. But I only only really want to work with Drs. Uliaszek or Carlson!

3 minutes ago, artsy16 said:

For UAB's medical/clinical program, were the emails personalized (content wise) or generic?

I actually woke up to one of these invites this morning from UAB's Medical/Clinical Psychology program :lol: My email was a generic mass invite; I have not received a personalized email from my POIs/potential mentors regarding the invite yet.

2 hours ago, artsy16 said:

Congrats! Hoping they're still sending invites. 

Thank you, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck too. I'm happy to see you've already been invited to one interview visit so far ^_^ Keep me posted on how things go.

Edited by JoePianist