Psych Results Search Page Questions/Clarifications

FeelTheBern

On December 20, 2015 at 1:08 AM, VentureIntoNothingness said:

To the person who got accepted by UIUC. Congrats, would you mind sharing which program you got accepted into?

On December 20, 2015 at 11:02 AM, SkyLy said:

My goodness, what an early acceptance!! I am also interested in which area you applied and were accepted to, thanks!

On December 21, 2015 at 6:54 PM, addictionz04 said:

To the person who was accepted by The University Of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign with funding for six years, congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing who your POI is or at least the department you applied to? Thanks so much!

Thanks! And apologies for not specifying. It's for the Visual Cognition and Human Performance program.

Were other Temple applicants surprised to see that two people were invited via email today, Dec. 29, for an interview?

I received a generic holiday email from Temple stating that applications would not be processed or updated over their holidays, from Dec 23 - Jan 4. Does anyone perhaps have any insight into why this could be? 

Thank you in advance, and congratulations to all who have received an interview invite! :D

3 hours ago, lovemc said:

For the mates getting interview from Columbia University... Was the notification from POI or generally the department?

I know from last year they all went out from the grad program coordinator around 12/17 with interview weekend being end of January. I thought I saw some results posts around that date again this year so I was surprised to see someone post this late

41 minutes ago, Freudian_Slip said:

I know from last year they all went out from the grad program coordinator around 12/17 with interview weekend being end of January. I thought I saw some results posts around that date again this year so I was surprised to see someone post this late

Thanks. Well it seems I'm not gonna get this shot though...

Hey everyone! I'm curious about the University of Oregon Clinical PhD posting! Anybody know if some invites were sent out by a specific POI or if all invites were sent out by an administrator?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by ReviseAndResubmit

On December 28, 2015 at 4:22 PM, S.Elizabeth said:

For the two people who received emails from UCCS for Clinical Psychology on 12/16, can you clarify whether the email was from a POI or was more of a mass email to applicants invited to interview?

Hi, don't know if someone else already told you, but I was one of the UCCS-ers and it was a mass email. 

As much as I like the results page I'm amazed at how much it makes my head spin.  There are way more programs than I realized, many programs have multiple tracks, and there's not much consistency in how students are notified of interviews.  Then of course not every applicant posts on there so then I wonder about all the stuff we don't know.....

@MarineBluePsy I totally agree with you. What if there are applicants whom applied to the same schools as you but did not post anything on the result page. :/ 

Anyone out there who applied the clinical psychology programme of university of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) and university of Louisville? 

7 hours ago, emhopefulme said:

@MarineBluePsy I totally agree with you. What if there are applicants whom applied to the same schools as you but did not post anything on the result page. :/ 

Yes this!!! Some of my schools sent invites before the holidays last year, but there were no results posted this year. Did the programs change their timing or were the invitees just not sharing on TGC?

On 12/28/2015 at 4:22 PM, S.Elizabeth said:

For the two people who received emails from UCCS for Clinical Psychology on 12/16, can you clarify whether the email was from a POI or was more of a mass email to applicants invited to interview?

i also applied (trauma emphasis) and haven't heard...biting my nails as it's one of my favorite programs! i just called and was told that they did send out "initial invitations" but haven't heard anything from the department about notifying applicants since then, so they aren't sure if all invitations have been extended or not. not very helpful, but based on the results page from past years, it looks like they sent out rejections at the same time as invites, so no reason to lose hope until then! good luck!

Edited by stressedstressedstressed

1 hour ago, stressedstressedstressed said:

i also applied and haven't heard...biting my nails as it's one of my favorite programs! i just called and was told that they did send out "initial invitations" but haven't heard anything from the department about notifying applicants since then, so they aren't sure if all invitations have been extended or not. not very helpful, but based on the results page from past years, it looks like they sent out rejections at the same time as invites, so no reason to lose hope until then! good luck!

Hi! I received a rejection email from them this morning - the geropsychology track. I think that the different tracks make their decisions independently of each other, so don't worry and good luck!!  :)

Edited by S.Elizabeth

10 hours ago, emhopefulme said:

Anyone out there who applied the clinical psychology programme of university of Alabama (Tuscaloosa) and university of Louisville? 

Hello! I applied to both those programs with the geropsychology track. Haven't heard anything back yet. I noticed that some students received calls from POIs in mid-December, so hoping that doesn't rule us out since we haven't heard. Fingers crossed

5 hours ago, S.Elizabeth said:

Hello! I applied to both those programs with the geropsychology track. Haven't heard anything back yet. I noticed that some students received calls from POIs in mid-December, so hoping that doesn't rule us out since we haven't heard. Fingers crossed

Same here! I applied to those programs with geropsychology track. Based on last year's admission results, applicants receive news about their applications right about now till mid Jan. Hope we'll hear something soon! 

1 minute ago, emhopefulme said:

Same here! I applied to those programs with geropsychology track. Based on last year's admission results, applicants receive news about their applications right about now till mid Jan. Hope we'll hear something soon! 

Me too!! Just knowing we can hear any day now is really exciting. I had to unsubscribe from a few sites I received emails from because it was just too anticlimactic to see unread emails from them :D

5 minutes ago, S.Elizabeth said:

Me too!! Just knowing we can hear any day now is really exciting. I had to unsubscribe from a few sites I received emails from because it was just too anticlimactic to see unread emails from them :D

Ok someone just posted on the admission page that he or she got an interview from the experimental psych track in U of Louisville... 

Ok someone just posted on the admission page that he or she got an interview from the experimental psych track in U of Louisville... 

1 minute ago, emhopefulme said:

Haha, oh no.. Well, here are two defenses I can come up with in our favor:

1. Different tracks might be different in how they make their admission decisions, and when.

2. It was an individual POI that contacted them and not a mass email from the department (since they are in a different track there is a very strong chance that you wouldn't have the same POI and shouldn't be worried) :)

That being said, congrats to the person who received a phone interview! Good luck!

Could the UT-Knoxville Counseling people* PM me? Not asking for your POI (unless you feel comfortable sharing!) but I do have a couple questions!

Edited by artsy16