WINE, WAIT, AND WHINE THREAD

Dr. Brains

8 hours ago, Formosus said:

Holy crap guys! My number 1 choice!!!montana state.png

Fantastic! But, don't you find it a little bit odd that the head office for Montana State are in Georgia? :P

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm an idiot...that's your address....duhhhhhhh

Edited by ChrisTOEFert

Guys, it has finally come to a close.  I've FINALLY heard back from my final school, the Max Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology (December 1 application deadline), and it was a no.  It was honestly expected, this late in the game with no word about an interview when they were supposed to of have happened or be happening within the month, and being close to 4.5 months after the app deadline with no communication whatsoever.  I wasn't holding my breath but it would have been nice to have the full 5/5 for the Fall 2016 admits.  But oh well, the waiting is finally over.  I will just say though, the Germans love to get to the point and don't sugar coat it:

"[We've decided] not to offer you a position," and "we feel your interests and qualifications do not match the projects [...] as much as those of other applicants."

I feel like if this was a US/Canadian school it'd be a little less blunt, but I like it.  It made me smile.  Here's hoping for better luck to the rest of you who are still Waiting It Out!

Edited by ChrisTOEFert

Just had an old friend with profoundly bad judgment write an email trying to get me off of the waitlist at my top choice despite me repeatedly telling him in no uncertain terms not to.  Who'd he send the email to?  My prospective advisor, the DGS, and someone well above the DGS.  I know he meant well, but Jesus....  Do I write an apology for someone wasting everyone's time on my behalf?

Edited by SunshineLolipops

19 minutes ago, SunshineLolipops said:

Just had an old friend with profoundly bad judgment write an email trying to get me off of the waitlist at my top choice despite me repeatedly telling him in no uncertain terms not to.  Who'd he send the email to?  My prospective advisor, the DGS, and someone well above the DGS.  I know he meant well, but Jesus....  Do I write an apology for someone wasting everyone's time on my behalf?

Whoa. Did he send the email from his own address at least?

That's a huge crossing of boundaries, and I would be very pissed off at any friend who would think that was a good idea to do. 

37 minutes ago, SunshineLolipops said:

I would definitely write an apology. I'd be terrified if someone did that to me. :unsure:

I'm glad I don't have friends. Haha.

12 hours ago, SunshineLolipops said:

Jesus....I would rip that friend a new one.  I wouldn't send an apology, just pretend you have no idea that that happened.

21 minutes ago, Neist said:

Is this person still your friend? :wacko:

We've been friends for twenty years now, so yeah, I'm not kicking him to the curb.  I only really see him once or twice a year these days, but it's disappointing to realize that his judgement is so amazingly bad despite his heart being in the right place.  I certainly won't be sharing any details of my professional life with him any time soon (as in between now and the second coming) though...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to injure myself from clicking "refresh" on my email.

The day after I got my application in they reviewed apps, they were going to review more this past Tuesday. I was reassured that I should hear something this week because mine should be in this group being reviewed.

I know that if I get in I am guaranteed funding for all but two classes and my textbooks. I'm applying for an online degree and my work pays for certification, the two extra classes I have to pay for are needed for my masters. This isn't an exclusive or picky school. I have the grades and recs to easily get in. No one has expressed any doubts that I'll be accepted. But until it's official I'm going to stress. Because this degree with give me a major pay bump and job security for as long as I want it.

Can someone just put me out of my misery already?!?