Fall 2016 Acceptances, Interviews, and Rejections Thread

gingin6789

1 hour ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

Oh my god... are you serious? That is so messed up!!!   WTF Columbia??? Get your shit together... seriously. Wow. I'm speechless and I bet you are pissed. Damn them.

I'm not very happy about it, yeah. I was offered admission to the MA program, but I'm not very excited about going to a school that seems to disregard the MA students like this. I tried calling the director of graduate admissions to ask about this whole thing, but she was conveniently gone for the day. :/

2 hours ago, annika said:

In a cruel twist of fate, Columbia PhD acceptances yesterday were a clerical error. They didn't even apologize in the correction email. 

WOW. I'm really sorry for anybody this affected, that must have been terrible. I know I'd be pissed.

Claiming a SUNY Albany acceptance today. Not one of my top picks but yay choices~~~

3 minutes ago, mm3733 said:

Waitlisted at Indiana. Throws an interesting variable in the mix.

Really only waiting on Penn to send that rejection email so I can make my decision!

I am in the same situation!

Waitlisted at NYU and waiting to see how that plays out and waiting for that Penn rejection.

Hopefully it's quick! :)

6 minutes ago, Katastrophe said:

Waitlisted at NYU and waiting to see how that plays out and waiting for that Penn rejection.

You have so many to choose from (amazing!) - is NYU a top choice?

Penn and Cornell were two of my top choices, so I'm happy regardless of what happens with Penn, but I'd love to have the closure lol. Will you be at Cornell's visit day?

Edited by mm3733

1 minute ago, mm3733 said:

I don't think I would choose Indiana if I got off the waitlist (at this point, at least), but I certainly would pause to consider.

You have so many to choose from (amazing!) - is NYU a top choice?

Penn and Cornell were two of my top choices, so I'm happy regardless of what happens with Penn, but I'd love to have the closure lol. Will you be at Cornell's visit day?

NYU is one of my top choices, so I'm still on pins and needles on that one! 

And I will indeed be at the Cornell visit, see you there I hope!

I just spoke to the director of admission at Columbia after the mistake, and she said it was "human error" and "that's how it is, I can't tell you anything else." Also, bafflingly, "we hope our MA students get offers elsewhere so they don't have to come here if they're mad." ugh.

Long-time lurker and also affected by the Columbia PhD Human Error. I did call the department to confirm my offer, and then.....whatever.

Got a acceptance letter from Albany ....not sure if I'll accept.

Edited by Antoine.hsu

41 minutes ago, Antoine.hsu said:

Long-time lurker and also affected by the Columbia PhD Human Error. I did call the department to confirm my offer, and then.....whatever.

It's heartbreaking enough to get rejected, but this... This is just awful. I hope someone gets fired for this. My sympathies, friend!

9 minutes ago, HopefulSocPhD said:

It's heartbreaking enough to get rejected, but this... This is just awful. I hope someone gets fired for this. My sympathies, friend!

This is something to bring to the attention of the media.. it's really a bad mistake..

1 hour ago, Antoine.hsu said:

ong-time lurker and also affected by the Columbia PhD Human Error. I did call the department to confirm my offer, and then.....whatever.

Wow, looks like this happened to a lot of people!  So sorry, that must have been such a disappointment ....

I am utterly appalled by Columbia's actions. SO sorry for those affected.

For those still waiting to hear from UCI, what does your application status say? Mine says "waiting on supplemental documents" and the site also stated to not contact them to check on status until after some time in February. Wondering if they simply still haven't updated the page or if they are truly missing documents?

2 minutes ago, Paul_SOC said:

I was waitlisted by Penn and all I have to do is waiting,waiting,waiting~

Can I ask you how you were informed that you were on the waiting list at Penn?

16 hours ago, Katastrophe said:

I'm in the opposite boat! Waitlisted at Penn and waiting to see how that plays out and did receive the NYU rejection. Good luck to you! May our decision emails be swift!

Got my alternate acceptance to NYU's MA program. Still no word on CUNY. Considering calling the office today and asking for a status update since they seem to have sent out a few of everything already (acceptance, wait-list, rejections). Has anyone else had success doing this?

1 hour ago, michaelalexiss said:

Got my alternate acceptance to NYU's MA program. Still no word on CUNY. Considering calling the office today and asking for a status update since they seem to have sent out a few of everything already (acceptance, wait-list, rejections). Has anyone else had success doing this?

with that did NYU invite you to their visit days?