2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

Hi! Anyone knows what is the percentage of candidates being interviewed that the program will usually admit at the end, such as Harvard BBS? I am recently being invited for interviews for several programs and I would really like to know the competition ahead. Thanks!

46 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

Congrats all heard from BBS. I'll save my panic until seeing someone heard from Harvard Systems Biology.

Totally understand you!!! Part of me knows that SHBT has already gone out based off of previous years, but I'm holding out hope in the chance that there's someone else here who also applied and is still waiting 

2 minutes ago, David Cheung said:

Hi! Anyone knows what is the percentage of candidates being interviewed that the program will usually admit at the end, such as Harvard BBS? I am recently being invited for interviews for several programs and I would really like to know the competition ahead. Thanks!

That varies per school and per program. I think Harvard BBS and Penn CAMB have a 90% acceptance rate post interview though.

6 minutes ago, cancergirl said:

what department?

#1 Cell and Developmental Biology

#2 Cancer Biology

#3 Translational Science

There should be multiple interview weekends.... unless they are doing a Stanford Biosciences. 

18 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

No, that is not something they say. They had their meeting on the 13th, so all apps, in theory, were reviewed by that point. Invites might still be sent out today, I'm not sure. I'd be weird if I called again because the lady and I know each other, so she knows I'm not even an applicant xD 

Do you think calling would not bug them? Many applicants who haven't heard might be calling them. I'm leaving the country tonight so I can't call them as conveniently as I can now and I really want to but I don't wanna bother them too much.

5 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

That varies per school and per program. I think Harvard BBS and Penn CAMB have a 90% acceptance rate post interview though.

Thank you! This number sounds great!

1 minute ago, ilovelab said:

#1 Cell and Developmental Biology

#2 Cancer Biology

#3 Translational Science

There should be multiple interview weekends.... unless they are doing a Stanford Biosciences. 

I wonder if they are still looking at apps. I'm crossing my fingers.

Does anyone know if NYU Sackler/Northwestern DGP/UTSW have released interviews yet? I haven't seen anything on the results page... but we only represent a fraction of the people applying and I haven't really seen these schools in users' signatures. 

1 minute ago, cancergirl said:

I wonder if they are still looking at apps. I'm crossing my fingers.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were. They may have done one massive review and then are sending out the interviews in waves. The dean emailed me saying she ran out of time and I got my email like 10PM eastern so you definitely have a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Do you think calling would not bug them? Many applicants who haven't heard might be calling them. I'm leaving the country tonight so I can't call them as conveniently as I can now and I really want to but I don't wanna bother them too much.

I don't think calling would be a good idea tho..

1 minute ago, desmond.bo said:

Got it from Harvard BBS!!! Can't believe it!

My last name starts with Y, so I think you are right, they could be going alphabetic.

Congratulations! That's not a good sign for me though :( Last name is R

2 minutes ago, ilovelab said:

Does anyone know if NYU Sackler/Northwestern DGP/UTSW have released interviews yet? I haven't seen anything on the results page... but we only represent a fraction of the people applying and I haven't really seen these schools in users' signatures. 

Hey there,

I applied to NYU Sackler too, their Biomedical Sciences program. I have not heard back. It does not seem anyone in the results thread has posted anything either. Although they may have heard back, but do not read this forum.

2 minutes ago, ilovelab said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were. They may have done one massive review and then are sending out the interviews in waves. The dean emailed me saying she ran out of time and I got my email like 10PM eastern so you definitely have a shot. 

oh. thanks! but in the app website is it supposed to say in your status that it's under review? Mine still says just submitted and it is complete since Dec 9.

4 minutes ago, desmond.bo said:

My last name starts with Y, so I think you are right, they could be going alphabetic.

Congrats! Please let me know when you hear from Harvard Systems Bio.

8 minutes ago, cancergirl said:

oh. thanks! but in the app website is it supposed to say in your status that it's under review? Mine still says just submitted and it is complete since Dec 9.

I just checked my application. It says the same as yours but submitted Dec 1st. 

9 minutes ago, hihello742 said:

Hey there,

I applied to NYU Sackler too, their Biomedical Sciences program. I have not heard back. It does not seem anyone in the results thread has posted anything either. Although they may have heard back, but do not read this forum.

Well at least that is some good news. It is my top choice so hopefully we both hear from them soon. 

8 minutes ago, ilovelab said:

Well at least that is some good news. It is my top choice so hopefully we both hear from them soon. 

I haven't heard from Sackler either. I also applied to Northwestern DGP and someone heard back late last night, so it looks like they've began sending out invites!! I am spam checking my email :P 

31 minutes ago, desmond.bo said:

Congratulations!