2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

5 hours ago, ilovelab said:

1 December 2016.... There is no way deadlines for 2017 are up. 

Jan 12th wouldn't be the 2017 deadline anyways. S/He meant is this cycle due Dec 1 or Jan 12, with the answer being Dec 1 because that's how the US writes dates.

Edited by Neuro15

14 minutes ago, seventwo said:

Has anyone heard from UCSF BMS? also what time should we expect to hear from Harvard BBS? do they send them out all at once? or trickle through the day?

My anxiety is killing me

I don't remember the exact time, but I believe I received my invitation for BBS between 4pm and 5pm EST. 

17 minutes ago, seventwo said:

Has anyone heard from UCSF BMS? also what time should we expect to hear from Harvard BBS? do they send them out all at once? or trickle through the day?

My anxiety is killing me

I'm waiting to hear back from UCSF BMS also. Havn't seen any post regarding their invites in this thread or the result search.

32 minutes ago, blc073 said:

I don't remember the exact time, but I believe I received my invitation for BBS between 4pm and 5pm EST. 

I really don't want to get ahead of myself but do you remember if BBS assigned you a date or you got to choose?  WashU wants me to pick a date by today :/

3 minutes ago, lmb123 said:

I really don't want to get ahead of myself but do you remember if BBS assigned you a date or you got to choose?  WashU wants me to pick a date by today :/

What program at WashU you applied?

28 minutes ago, lmb123 said:

You get to choose the weekend for BBS. 

2 hours ago, CanadianNomad said:

I selected the umbrella program/no specialization :) 

I also selected the umbrella program! My interview specified that the Cell Biology department reviewed my app? Did yours specify a department?

BTW, to anyone applying to MIT, has your GRE score shown up in the Test Score Status now??? I'm applying to two programs, and neither one shows my GRE score, which is supposedly up after 1 week of application submission. This makes me worried a little...

2 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

BTW, to anyone applying to MIT, has your GRE score shown up in the Test Score Status now??? I'm applying to two programs, and neither one shows my GRE score, which is supposedly up after 1 week of application submission. This makes me worried a little...

I applied to MIT Biology and my test score doesn't show up either. When I called them a while ago they said all my application materials had been received but maybe they weren't including the GRE. I also had to upload the GRE score report pdf so maybe they're going by that and not as worried about matching the official scores? If you find out anything please let us know.

1 minute ago, CozyEnzymes said:

I applied to MIT Biology and my test score doesn't show up either. When I called them a while ago they said all my application materials had been received but maybe they weren't including the GRE. I also had to upload the GRE score report pdf so maybe they're going by that and not as worried about matching the official scores? If you find out anything please let us know.

The web said you should not contact them for test score issue; instead, they will contact you. So I'm not sure what to do now...:P

7 minutes ago, CozyEnzymes said:

Just heard back from Duke Biochemistry. Their interview dates are Feb 9-12 and Feb 23-26, with no hard deadline on committing to one or the other. :)

Did they email you or phone call?