2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

3 minutes ago, Raptor_Science_Activate said:

Chiming in with another Mount Sinai Neuroscience invite!  This Escape the Room thing sounds like an interesting change of pace.  Hope to see some of you on the trail!

Until you find out that if you don't escape the room in time it's an auto-rejection! 

:P

They said west coasters can have hotel for 3 nights. Not a west coaster here but no flights from ORD on the 19th get to NYC before noon so I asked for a hotel.  I wonder if they'll give it to me. Anyone in the same situation? 

1 hour ago, SysEvo said:

My name is Sherlock Holmes.  

Just kidding...your profile says your location as New Haven, and I don't think you are from U of New Haven...

1 hour ago, CanadianNomad said:

Your location says New Haven, so maybe that was the tip-off :)

Jesus! Didn't even notice that.

Don't tell anybody else. :-P 

2 hours ago, Pepperoni said:

anyone heard from washu or uchicago yet?

received an invite from wisconsin madison, but did not hear from penn or northwestern... all for cancer

Which program at Madison?

Hey guys, I just created a new topic for neuroscience PhD program results specifically - I think it would be beneficial to parse out programs into different topics that way we are 1. less confused about what interview at which school for what program and 2.saved from the initial heart drop when we see the name of a school we applied to even though we checked our emails thoughly all day

think about joining me!

it's the other applicant thread but has the word neuroscience in it,, it's probably hard to miss lol

11 hours ago, geneticginger said:

Does anyone know if UPenn CAMB is sending out invites all at once or in batches? I didn't hear back today and I'm just wondering if I'm out of the running... :(

It seems like the different subsections of the CAMB are sending invites out at different times. I applied to the MVP and it doesn't seem like anyone has heard back from them yet. Although, if you applied for the GGR I did see some people say they heard back, but don't take that as a said-and-done deal!

4 minutes ago, spiffscience said:

Do we know if all the UMich-PIBS invites went out or only from certain divisions? (Mainly want to know about Cell & Dev Bio)

Thanks in advance!

There have been a handful of calls (for different divisions), but they said the official emails would come out by the end of the week.