2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

2 minutes ago, SysEvo said:

Congrats! BTW, do you know anything about Princeton QCB (Quant/Comp Bio)? Do all the departments send out invites on the same day? 

Sorry, I don't know about QCB in particular but it seems like they send it out at different times. On the results search someone got an invite to Princeton MolBio on 12/2 while I got mine 12/12.

1 minute ago, jougami said:

Sorry, I don't know about QCB in particular but it seems like they send it out at different times. On the results search someone got an invite to Princeton MolBio on 12/2 while I got mine 12/12.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

What program did you apply to?

The CAMB program. I would have liked to go to the first interview weekend but it looks like I'll have to go to an alternate one since I'm already scheduled then :unsure:

5 minutes ago, MCF10A said:

Congrats!   Guess it's time for me to move on:wacko:

I wouldn't say it's time to move on just yet; they'll definitely take time to send out all the invites.

3 minutes ago, jougami said:

The CAMB program. I would have liked to go to the first interview weekend but it looks like I'll have to go to an alternate one since I'm already scheduled then :unsure:

I wouldn't say it's time to move on just yet; they'll definitely take time to send out all the invites.

Haha I was asking which division within CAMB. You could ask if you could be moved weekends I guess, for both schools. It's still pretty early in the game. I had to do that with Dartmouth, and I interviewed on an alternate weekend at University of Michigan.

2 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

Haha I was asking which division within CAMB. You could ask if you could be moved weekends I guess, for both schools. It's still pretty early in the game. I had to do that with Dartmouth, and I interviewed on an alternate weekend at University of Michigan.

4 minutes ago, Born-to-pipette said:

Congrats!! Which division within UPenn CAMB did you apply to?

Oops I applied for a concentration in cancer biology. I have an excel file with all the dates and if the UPenn calendar online is correct they have an admissions weekend 2/23-25 that would fit all my potential schedules. Would it look bad if I asked to do the latest date?

9 minutes ago, jougami said:

Oops I applied for a concentration in cancer biology. I have an excel file with all the dates and if the UPenn calendar online is correct they have an admissions weekend 2/23-25 that would fit all my potential schedules. Would it look bad if I asked to do the latest date?

If you're tactful, you could ask about being moved to the other one. 

Hi All,

Has anyone received interview invites from West Coast UC schools? It's nerve wracking seeing the interview invites for most UC's go out by mid-Dec during last 2015 season, and it's creeping up. Although nobody has posted in the admissions results page.

Cheers!

Edited by hihello742

1 minute ago, hihello742 said:

Hi All,

Has anyone received interview invites from West Coast UC schools? It's nerve wracking seeing the interview invites for most UC's go out by mid-Dec during last 2015 season, and it's creeping up. Although nobody has posted in the admissions results page.

Cheers!

I got a call from Davis BMCDB last week, he said they would send emails "shortly" but it has been a week now...I was in the middle of a frantic shift at work and initially picked up because I thought it was my mom, so my recollection is not as precise as I want it to be :wacko:

16 minutes ago, spiffscience said:

I got a call from Davis BMCDB last week, he said they would send emails "shortly" but it has been a week now...I was in the middle of a frantic shift at work and initially picked up because I thought it was my mom, so my recollection is not as precise as I want it to be :wacko:

Thanks Spiffscience. It's hard to concentrate at work. I submitted my applications on the morning of the Dec-1 deadlines, so hopefully that's not going to delay or hurt my chances. Congrats on your current interview invites!

Edited by hihello742

6 minutes ago, hihello742 said:

Thanks Spiffscience. It's hard to concentrate at work. I submitted my applications on the morning of the Dec-1 deadlines, so hopefully that's not going to delay or hurt my chances. Congrats on your current interview invites!

Thanks! I submitted Davis Nov 19th, so I don't think you should be worried at all!!!

3 minutes ago, spiffscience said:

Thanks! I submitted Davis Nov 19th, so I don't think you should be worried at all!!!

Ahh! That is smart on your end, and some good lessons to take on my end.

"Start everything early, then DOUBLE the time you think it will take to prepare."

Edited by hihello742

2 minutes ago, LoveMysterious said:

BIG CONGRATS to everyone who has gotten interviews - you guys are rock stars! :)

And to the rest of us:

ba0b200630e1f2862369a16fae51f914086f471d

We got this, yo! :-P

:lol: Thank you for this. Made me laugh while I'm slowly dying on the inside.

45 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

If you're tactful, you could ask about being moved to the other one. 

Why do people act like this is a big deal? I guess I have a bit more experience with job interviews than most here. If you can't make a date for whatever reason people will work with you. I'm phone interviewing someone on Friday and he had to reschedule due to another phone screen. I didn't take that as a slight at all. If he is good, we will give him an offer (after an on site interview). If he isn't, we won't. Simple as that. A candidate would have to insult the company to me for it to hurt his chances. Like, okay if a person said "I can't do your interview because I have a way better interview at google that day" I might worry that he would rather work at google than my company. But if he said "I'm sorry but I'm busy that day." or "I'm sorry but I already have a prior obligation on that day." I would think nothing of it.

The people dealing with the interview dates are not the ones deciding on your admission anyway.

Edited by AGradStudentHasNoName