2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

4 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

Anyone look at the itinerary for the Sloan Kettering interview?  Looks like they sent last year's?  Let me know if anyone else has this issue.  Thanks!

Didn't apply but this made my day! Looks like they are as anxious as us. LOL.

Edited by SysEvo

7 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

Anyone look at the itinerary for the Sloan Kettering interview?  Looks like they sent last year's?  Let me know if anyone else has this issue.  Thanks!

Yes, same! If you look on your sloan kettering app page you see the one for this year!

5 minutes ago, ilovelab said:

For UPENN CAMB anyone know if interviews for the DSCRB concentration have gone out? Everything in the results search is cancer bio/GGR/or MVP...... maybe I'm not doomed. lol

They're still sending. I was told they would keep sending until tomorrow or early next week.

2 hours ago, KR Marksmen said:

None of my programs have even released interview invites yet except Vanderbilt.  Ugh. Congrats to everyone hearing back

Same here! And several of my apps aren't technically even due until January. It's gonna be a looooong next few months. 

16 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

10 minutes ago, jumbo1177 said:

Yes, same! If you look on your sloan kettering app page you see the one for this year!

It says 2017 on mine? Maybe they noticed and fixed it!

Preliminary Interview Day Schedule 2017, Jan 10 to Jan 12

Yours said 2016?

4 minutes ago, Born-to-pipette said:

It says 2017 on mine? Maybe they noticed and fixed it!

Preliminary Interview Day Schedule 2017, Jan 10 to Jan 12

Yours said 2016?

The detailed itinerary attachment for me - second email - shows the 2016 schedule. I'll check their website.

I'm so jealous of all of you, but congratulations! Does anyone know if Penn will continue sending out MVP invites this week or is today the day? Thanks a bunch. I've been obsessively stalking this thread and finally decided to join in.

1 minute ago, loveandcookies said:

I'm so jealous of all of you, but congratulations! Does anyone know if Penn will continue sending out MVP invites this week or is today the day? Thanks a bunch. I've been obsessively stalking this thread and finally decided to join in.

They should keep sending out invites throughout this week, based on what I was told. 

5 minutes ago, Born-to-pipette said:

Welp. I definitely did not receive a second email (yet?) :P 

PS - when is your Pitts interview?

Maybe they stopped sending when they noticed the issue?  

Pittsburgh is 1/19 - 1/22

24 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

Do you know if Pittsburg will have another interview weekend?

26 minutes ago, cuteDr22 said:

They WOULD have it the same weekend as UPenn. And Weill-Cornell. Not that I've received an invite (yet? hopefully? :D) to Pitts or Cornell so I'll just shush :P 

Edited by Born-to-pipette

1 hour ago, Born-to-pipette said:

They WOULD have it the same weekend as UPenn. And Weill-Cornell. Not that I've received an invite (yet? hopefully? :D) to Pitts or Cornell so I'll just shush :P 

I'm waiting on Weill-Cornell also. They don't make this easy. 

1 minute ago, Born-to-pipette said:

What weekend? For IBGP?

February 17th - 19th and yeah IBGP. It might be slightly dependent on whom you mentioned in you application and their availability. If you mentioned a specific PI, they likely put you on a weekend that that PI would be around for.

Edited by EmpireStateofPanic

9 minutes ago, EmpireStateofPanic said:

I am interviewing at Pitt in February so you may be able to reschedule.

awesome! Interview scheduling is driving me crazy, but it's going to be worth it.

8 minutes ago, Stemlike said:

I know this is mostly US applicants, but received today my invitation to interview at the Francis Crick Institute in London :) anyone else?

Good luck!

What is the funding source for that program? 

1 minute ago, Stemlike said:

The Crick itself has ~40 4-years PhD studentships to award

I looked into UK schools for about five seconds before I saw that most require that you secure funding before they will interview you. 

What is the average time to completion for that program? When I see a four-year award I think an incomplete degree or scrambling to find funding for the last year or two. 

I'm not trying to be rude or to ruin your excitement, I'm just curious. 

Just now, blc073 said:

I looked into UK schools for about five seconds before I saw that most require that you secure funding before they will interview you. 

What is the average time to completion for that program? When I see a four-year award I think an incomplete degree or scrambling to find funding for the last year or two. 

I'm not trying to be rude or to ruin your excitement, I'm just curious. 

4 years is quite a generous scholarship in the UK (where most secure funding for only 3 years). You don't have the first/two years of classes/rotations at the beginning of the PhD, so it's a whole different system from the US. Due to these differences, most students in Europe complete their PhDs in ~4 years