2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

4 minutes ago, pitchfork said:

Let's hope we hear something tomorrow!

Or have you heard back already?

6 minutes ago, Bioenchilada said:

Oooh, did you get an invite??

I haven't heard back yet! Anxiously awaiting!

11 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Calling UPenn tomorrow might be a good idea. I'll give it until 4 pm ET tomorrow. 

Let me know what they say :P I mean I can imagine its difficult sending so many emails in one day and there has only been one CAMB Cancer Bio acceptances posted so far...

12 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Calling UPenn tomorrow might be a good idea. I'll give it until 4 pm ET tomorrow. 

Definitely do that if it will make you less anxious! Even if you don't get an invite right now, I heard that for some tracks the Penn adcoms will meet every Monday once the interview starts and send out more invites until mid-February.

1 minute ago, bionerd111 said:

Let me know what they say :P I mean I can imagine its difficult sending so many emails in one day and there has only been one CAMB Cancer Bio acceptances posted so far...

Will do! 

I am usually not this anxious about anything. I knew Mt. Sinai was coming but I didn't get nearly as nervous. 

I am most excited about UPenn because there are so many faculty with similar research interests. If I knew I had a guaranteed interview, I would honestly only apply to UPenn. It's such a dream match for me. It will be very heartbreaking if I don't get an interview :( 

15 minutes ago, Katyya said:

I already gave up since cancer bio has sent out invites....kinda heartbreaking cuz UPenn cancer bio is definitely one of my top 3 fav programs. Good luck to you guys!

12 minutes ago, MCF10A said:

I already gave up since cancer bio has sent out invites....kinda heartbreaking cuz UPenn cancer bio is definitely one of my top 3 fav programs. Good luck to you guys!

Did you ask the department to check if they are done sending invites?

2 minutes ago, MCF10A said:

I sent Kathy (program coordinator?) a email but no response yet...

Please let me know when she responds and if she says they are done I won't bother by calling tomorrow.

43 minutes ago, jeanetics17 said:

Offered interviews for Penn CAMB (GGR) and Yale BBS (MCDG) today. Very Exciting. 

That's super exciting! Congratulations!

Does anyone know if different departments in Yale's BBS program release at different times? I applied for Immunology and still haven't heard anything (obviously haha). 

2 minutes ago, BasicBinImmunology said:

That's super exciting! Congratulations!

Does anyone know if different departments in Yale's BBS program release at different times? I applied for Immunology and still haven't heard anything (obviously haha). 

It looks like each track has its own timeline for reviewing, interviewing and making decisions (according to their website) :)

2 hours ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

Why are any of these posts necessary? I'm just killing time.

Also it might help for people here to have realistic expectations and not overly stress about a very common situation.

It just came off a bit arrogant, that's all. 

2 hours ago, SysEvo said:

Thanks, you too! We have applied to many same programs. Looking forward to meet you during interviews. PS: do you have any idea when Princeton QCB will send out invitations? And Yale's PEB via BBS too? I'm assuming you are currently at Yale?

Yes we are! I also haven't heard anything from Princeton yet. But I saw someone post in the Results tab that they are receiving interviews from Yale BBS immunology and MCGD. 

I assume they are sending those interviews out separately. Relax.

2 hours ago, hippopotamus said:

What kinds of questions did they ask?

Basically the general questions. About your research and your interest. They also asked me about some technical details about my recent research.

Good luck buddy.

2 hours ago, SysEvo said:

Thanks, you too! We have applied to many same programs. Looking forward to meet you during interviews. PS: do you have any idea when Princeton QCB will send out invitations? And Yale's PEB via BBS too? I'm assuming you are currently at Yale?

Wait! Just curious how did you find out I am currently at Yale?:o

12 minutes ago, desmond.bo said:

Wait! Just curious how did you find out I am currently at Yale?:o

My name is Sherlock Holmes.  

Just kidding...your profile says your location as New Haven, and I don't think you are from U of New Haven...

Edited by SysEvo