2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

26 minutes ago, Born-to-pipette said:

1.5 hours of (not-quite-so) low-key freaking out later... i received an interview invite to UPenn CAMB!!! :D:D:D also, i hadn't realized that they select your weekend for you!

Omg congrats!! 

Do you know is they send invites out in batches or if you don't get it today you just don't get it

1 minute ago, Katyya said:

The freakout is real guys 

If I don't hear back today/tomorrow I will just email the chair and ask him to at least send me a rejection letter :(

You could be on a waitlist! Don't despair just yet! You might not have made the first cut, but the game is far from over. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, spiffscience said:

You could be on a waitlist! Don't despair just yet! You might not have made the first cut, but the game is far from over. :rolleyes:

I mean I've been in touch with the chair of Cancer Bio admissions and he told me I was very competitive. And then my GRE scores were delayed so he had to track them down in the system and let me know when he received them and stuff. So if I don't hear back soon I'm probably already reviewed and that's not good.. But thanks for the encouragement! 

10 minutes ago, Katyya said:

I mean I've been in touch with the chair of Cancer Bio admissions and he told me I was very competitive. And then my GRE scores were delayed so he had to track them down in the system and let me know when he received them and stuff. So if I don't hear back soon I'm probably already reviewed and that's not good.. But thanks for the encouragement! 

I was right there with ya - but don't lose hope! Especially since you've already been told you were VERY competitive. :) Historically, CAMB accepts 100+ applicants -- last year I think it was 108. I imagine there'd be a little more interviews, so it must take a while for the coordinator to work through all of those! 

2 hours ago, lmb123 said:

I think it might depend on which concentration you chose.  I applied to MVP and I'm not giving up hope yet - don't worry!

Congrats to everyone who already heard back from UPenn CAMB! @lmb123 I also applied to the MVP and I haven't heard anything yet! Stay hopeful and stay positive!

1 hour ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

Why do people act like this is a big deal? I guess I have a bit more experience with job interviews than most here. If you can't make a date for whatever reason people will work with you. I'm phone interviewing someone on Friday and he had to reschedule due to another phone screen. I didn't take that as a slight at all. If he is good, we will give him an offer (after an on site interview). If he isn't, we won't. Simple as that. A candidate would have to insult the company to me for it to hurt his chances. Like, okay if a person said "I can't do your interview because I have a way better interview at google that day" I might worry that he would rather work at google than my company. But if he said "I'm sorry but I'm busy that day." or "I'm sorry but I already have a prior obligation on that day." I would think nothing of it.

The people dealing with the interview dates are not the ones deciding on your admission anyway.

I guess I'm just not following why this post was necessary. 

48 minutes ago, reid1234 said:

Hey all,

I'm seeing a lot of Boston University PIBS on the results search. Anybody know if they do it on a rolling basis?

I want to say they do it on a rolling basis. I got an interview invite from them before the deadline to submit. I think it was later in the week when I got it, if that helps. Good luck!

39 minutes ago, Katyya said:

The freakout is real guys 

If I don't hear back today/tomorrow I will just email the chair and ask him to at least send me a rejection letter :(

I don't think messaging Katy to send you a rejection as a wise move. I am not sure if invites are sent out by batches. As you can see from this thread, there was a couple hour delay with regards to when people got invites. Just be patient :) 

Also, a rejection is not the end of the world. 

1 minute ago, Bioenchilada said:

I don't think messaging Katy to send you a rejection as a wise move. I am not sure if invites are sent out by batches. As you can see from this thread, there was a couple hour delay with regards to when people got invites. Just be patient :) 

Also, a rejection is not the end of the world. 

I was just kidding there :D 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Born-to-pipette said:

1.5 hours of (not-quite-so) low-key freaking out later... i received an interview invite to UPenn CAMB!!! :D:D:D also, i hadn't realized that they select your weekend for you!

Congrats! Did you apply to the cancer bio track? 

1 hour ago, blc073 said:

I guess I'm just not following why this post was necessary. 

Why are any of these posts necessary? I'm just killing time.

Also it might help for people here to have realistic expectations and not overly stress about a very common situation.

Edited by AGradStudentHasNoName

18 hours ago, SysEvo said:

Mine is 15 min. The professor said usually will be 30 min. but once  heard I had 5 classes today and have several finals ahead, the professor decided to make it quick.... I was also asked what courses I'd love to TA.

Thanks! That sounds like you got a great chance! 

Just finished my video interview. Good luck to you buddy.

16 minutes ago, desmond.bo said:

Thanks! That sounds like you got a great chance! 

Just finished my video interview. Good luck to you buddy.

Thanks, you too! We have applied to many same programs. Looking forward to meet you during interviews. PS: do you have any idea when Princeton QCB will send out invitations? And Yale's PEB via BBS too? I'm assuming you are currently at Yale?

Edited by SysEvo

2 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Yale allows applicants to change personal statements and resumes and other 'extra' materials till Dec. 15th so I'm assuming the committee is not meeting before then. 

good reasoning. Thanks! (running out of reputation quota today...)

15 minutes ago, pitchfork said:

I went for MVP. It looks like no one has heard back from the MVP coordinator yet... More waiting then

I also went for MVP. Very excited to hear back!

16 minutes ago, bionerd111 said:

Does anyone know if UPenn CAMB cancer bio will send out invites tomorrow as well?

You should call to tomorrow and see :) 

I'm certain they'll be honest about it. My professor is currently not in the adcom, so asking him probably wont help. 

I must say that I got my invite last year on the 15th, though I don't know if they released any prior to that. Maybe check the results page from last year??