2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

2 minutes ago, cmykrgb said:

do you mind telling me when you submit? I am just trying to get a sense of how they are processing apps, like random or in chronological order.

Also which program, please? Congrats!

1 minute ago, cuteDr22 said:

Invited to Penn State. Same weekend as UPitts . Do you think I can ask for a skype interview? I want to keep all my options open. 

I would ask for a different weekend. If they really want you, they will work with you. 

7 minutes ago, spiffscience said:

Just got a call from an unknown San Diego number and with absurd enthusiasm ran out of the library (#finals) to answer. It was a telemarketer. Hang in there, pals. 

giphy.gif

I suggest switching to T-mobile, no signal, no worries.

8 minutes ago, asdfghjkl1 said:

@cmykrgb I applied on the last possible day (Dec 1st I think) to the IGP program. 

Omg I did too haha. Congrats!! 

So I think IGP just reviews 50 or so applicants every Monday and sends invites on Tuesday. I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Maybe in 2 weeks though..

2 hours ago, pepmochaa said:

Has anyone heard from Vandy IGP? I saw one name on the survey list for IGP, but in the previous years during their second wave a lot of people reported hearing about interviews, not just one. :o 

Congratulations to everyone who is already hearing back! I'm jealous haha. 

I haven't heard back either. I submitted my app 11/28. 

12 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Omg I did too haha. Congrats!! 

So I think IGP just reviews 50 or so applicants every Monday and sends invites on Tuesday. I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Maybe in 2 weeks though..

Exactly, I heard this is how they do it. Its truly a rolling process. Stay strong guys :P ! 

3 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Does anyone else have finals and don't care about doing well in anticipation of interviews? :D 

:P how can anyone be expected to take finals during an exciting time like this?

I'm not even sure how I'm getting through next semester potentially knowing that I'm already in grad school. Plus I'm already missing first 2 weeks of school for interviews and waiting on 6 more schools so what if I miss the whole semester and fail :D LOL

2 minutes ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

I'm gonna quit my job and hike the pacific crest trail before grad school starts. And if I don't like that I'm gonna go ski bum in new zealand. Suckers! Of course I can only do this because I have been working for a number of years and have some money.

That's awesome. I would love to have the money to travel and do something like that. Enjoy it! 

Where are you guys (or girls) planning on traveling?

Also lets start suggesting ways to pass the time while waiting for interview invites. I'll go first.

1. play pokemon sun/moon

2. play fallout 4

3. look at cat gifs

4. work? so hard to motivate right now...

Edited by AGradStudentHasNoName
lkjdslfjs

28 minutes ago, Katyya said:

I'm not even sure how I'm getting through next semester potentially knowing that I'm already in grad school. Plus I'm already missing first 2 weeks of school for interviews and waiting on 6 more schools so what if I miss the whole semester and fail :D LOL

I actually asked the TA from one of classes during my final semester what exactly I needed to do to get C in the course. It is so difficult to care during the spring semester once you have been admitted to a graduate program.

I suggest taking the easiest course load possible and avoid classes that meet on Thursdays and Fridays. 

1 minute ago, AGradStudentHasNoName said:

Where are you guys planning on traveling?

Also lets start suggesting ways to pass the time while waiting for interview invites. I'll go first.

1. play pokemon sun/moon

2. play fallout 4

3. look at cat gifs

4. work? so hard to motivate right now...

5. Clash of Clans

6. Clash Royale

7. Feed your snail

8. Making a sandwich