2017 Applicant Profiles and Admissions Results

Dank

4 minutes ago, Stemlike said:

Anyone knows when MIT Biology starts issuing interview invitations (and rejects as well)?

at least Microbiology and Systems biology said on their website that invitations will be sent out on mid-Jan

10 minutes ago, Stemlike said:

Anyone knows when MIT Biology starts issuing interview invitations (and rejects as well)?

According to the website " All completed applications will be reviewed and invitations to interview will be sent via email mid-January". And according to the gradcafe record, MIT biology sent out invites on Jan 8th (F2016), Jan 9th (F2015), Jan 13th (F2014). So it's gonna be a while of waiting I guess....

11 minutes ago, Katyya said:

Waiting to hear back from Mt. Sinai, Cornell, Emory, UW, UPenn and Yale Biomedical 

yale website said they will send out invitations on early Jan... but in the past few years they sent out on early Dec... 

2 minutes ago, cmykrgb said:

Congrats! I am still refreshing email anxiously. Also just saw on Harvard PiN calendar that adcomm meeting is on 12/14.

Thanks! :) What a great way to take a break from studying for finals, lol.

1 hour ago, yaybrains said:

UPenn NGG has started sending out interviews. I got an invitation by email this morning. Good luck to everyone who applied!

dang, was not thinking any invitation would go out on weekends. Congrats!

Edited by cmykrgb

3 minutes ago, cmykrgb said:

dang, was not thinking any invitation would go on on weekends. Congrats!

Thank you! I wasn't thinking invitations would go on weekends either. It was a big shock for sure when I saw it. I also saw a post somewhere that some places also send interviews after hours on weekdays. I guess there aren't any limits on when they'll send them.

7 minutes ago, yaybrains said:

Thank you! I wasn't thinking invitations would go on weekends either. It was a big shock for sure when I saw it. I also saw a post somewhere that some places also send interviews after hours on weekdays. I guess there aren't any limits on when they'll send them.

Interview invites can be sent after hours, indeed haha

Edited by Bioenchilada

19 hours ago, neurophysicist13 said:

Eagerly awaiting interview results from Rockefeller, Columbia, Weill Cornell, NYU Sackler, Yale, and UPenn for neuroscience!

Apparently Rockefeller won't be sending invites until January :( Did you apply to Yale BBS-Neuro track? When do they normally send out interviews? I'm eagerly waiting on this one as well! 

1 hour ago, CanadianNomad said:

Apparently Rockefeller won't be sending invites until January :( Did you apply to Yale BBS-Neuro track? When do they normally send out interviews? I'm eagerly waiting on this one as well! 

Yup, Yale BBS-Neuro here. From previous years, it seems like those invites may not be until January as well..