Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

On 3/30/2017 at 1:22 PM, Miracle_2017 said:

Have you had an interview yet? I heard that they would be making finalist determinations between by Mid April at the latest and but possibly beteeen late march and early April.

Re: Clinton -- I think we all got the update yesterday about the delay? No time indication however.

Edited by dvsan

1 minute ago, dvsan said:

I think we all got the update yesterday?

Ha yes, it's frustrating though because it basically explained the status quo to us without any additional information. I guess I empathize though because the guy who sent the email is just the messenger. 

12 minutes ago, josxuo said:

I just finished a program in International Environmental Policy at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey. They also have an International Education Management program that is only three semester's long, one of which is a professional practicum that can be in the U.S. or abroad. Could be cool!

ah that's cool! I really appreciate the suggestion. I am definitely more interested in the policy/practice side of things rather than management, but that's still good to know about. Thanks! :) 

1 hour ago, jmhawkin24 said:

East-Asia will notify today!

Do you know this for sure or is it wishful thinking? I'd love to know how you found out if it's true because I'm dying to know if there's a way to find out when Ireland will notify hahah. 

1 hour ago, Imke said:

Seriously. I don't know how much longer I can do this D: I'm especially freaking out today since there's only ever been one time that Germany ETA has released later than 4/4.

Am I wrong to be kind of miffed with them for taking so long to notify? I'm sure they have a reason, but no one is telling us anything. It's been almost six months since the national deadline. 

11 minutes ago, Nirerin said:

Do you know this for sure or is it wishful thinking? I'd love to know how you found out if it's true because I'm dying to know if there's a way to find out when Ireland will notify hahah. 

**I think we're all just trying to manifest notifications at this point.

You can call if you're feeling proactive. The coordinator might be able to give more info now that pretty much every other Western European country has been notified. But she also might tell you what she told me 2 weeks ago "generally goes out late march early april".

16 minutes ago, cruxclaire said:

Am I wrong to be kind of miffed with them for taking so long to notify? I'm sure they have a reason, but no one is telling us anything. It's been almost six months since the national deadline. 

No, it's not wrong for you to be miffed. I don't understand how it takes them so long. Granted, Germany has the most awards/candidates of any country, but even so, other big countries (Korea, Spain, Malaysia) have been pretty timely this year. If they don't notify this week, something might be off.

Edited by jennymerri

12 hours ago, jessielseago said:

Hi all! 

I was notified nearly two weeks ago now that I was selected for a PhD research grant to Namibia... but the student self-service portal still isn't working... so I haven't been able to access ANY of the documents! I've been back & forth with tech support, but I'm afraid I'm starting to bother the guys, as I've checked in with them like 4 times already... 

Have any other awarded grantees been experiencing trouble with this? Has anyone heard back or had any news about what exactly we're supposed to be doing? 

Many thanks! 

P.S. 

Congrats to those who have been awarded thus far! What a relief!! 

To those who have received news that they were not selected this time around, do not despair! I applied for a research grant to the EU when I was in undergrad & was eventually rejected (being a finalist had totally gotten my hopes up). There is ALWAYS another chance (this was my redemption) & there are ALWAYS other amazing options for you to explore! 

I had similar issues at first, but they cleared it up fairly quickly after I emailed my region coordinator. Hopefully they'll take care of it soon for you!

17 minutes ago, thepictureisstill said:

**I think we're all just trying to manifest notifications at this point.

You can call if you're feeling proactive. The coordinator might be able to give more info now that pretty much every other Western European country has been notified. But she also might tell you what she told me 2 weeks ago "generally goes out late march early april".

Who did you call?

3 minutes ago, gorilla_queen said:

It hurts me that we might not hear anything for another 2 weeks or longer. It physically hurts hahaha

What country are you waiting to hear back from?

1 hour ago, cruxclaire said:

1 hour ago, jennymerri said:

No, it's not wrong for you to be miffed. I don't understand how it takes them so long. Granted, Germany has the most awards/candidates of any country, but even so, other big countries (Korea, Spain, Malaysia) have been pretty timely this year. If they don't notify this week, something might be off.

Yeah, exactly! I just wish that there was more communication about what's going on..

3 minutes ago, louasdf123 said:

Anyone heard back from Clarendon 2017? I received a DPhil offer but no word on funding, wondering if the result has come out

A friend heard back about the Oxford Clarendon Fulbright and was rejected. Idk if they sent all results.

15 minutes ago, Horb said:

A friend heard back about the Oxford Clarendon Fulbright and was rejected. Idk if they sent all results.

Hey thanks for your quick reply! What is the difference between Oxford Clarendon and Oxford Clarendon Fulbright? I saw people post their Clarendon result here but Idk if it is the same thing as Clarendon..

37 minutes ago, louasdf123 said:

Hey thanks for your quick reply! What is the difference between Oxford Clarendon and Oxford Clarendon Fulbright? I saw people post their Clarendon result here but Idk if it is the same thing as Clarendon..

There's the Clarendon Fund (they awarded something like 400 awards last year) and then (I think) their partnership with Fulbright for a more limited number of awards (I'd imagine the difference is who pays and how much they pay). 

So I called for Ireland and she said the same thing. "Generally goes out march to early April" (it is early April already!! Gah!)

She said "hopefully soon" but sounded kind of exasperated and I basically don't have hope of hearing today or the next few days either. 

30 minutes ago, Horb said:

There's the Clarendon Fund (they awarded something like 400 awards last year) and then (I think) their partnership with Fulbright for a more limited number of awards (I'd imagine the difference is who pays and how much they pay). 

Thank you! From the website it seems like the offers are sent out by early April (https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/information-for-applicants/allocation-of-awards?wssl=1) but the admin person in my department said they have sent out all the Clarendon offers...so confused at this stage..

4 minutes ago, louasdf123 said:

Thank you! From the website it seems like the offers are sent out by early April (https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon/information-for-applicants/allocation-of-awards?wssl=1) but the admin person in my department said they have sent out all the Clarendon offers...so confused at this stage..

I'm by no means an expert, but if they said that they send by out by early April and the admin said all offers were sent out, then it might mean they sent out all acceptances (offers), but not waitlist or rejection notifications. Again, I have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Horb said:

I'm by no means an expert, but if they said that they send by out by early April and the admin said all offers were sent out, then it might mean they sent out all acceptances (offers), but not waitlist or rejection notifications. Again, I have no idea. 

Thank you!