Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

2 minutes ago, Ally K said:

I'm applying to a PhD program. The immediate plan B though is to have a baby in the next month - found out I was pregnant after spending months on the Fulbright application. When I asked my advisor/faculty recommenders if I should still apply they were all like "yeah! Babies can get passports!" Haha. 

Your faculty sounds awesome. That's so fantastic. Congratulations!

1 minute ago, sam89 said:

T-minus 5 minutes (give or take) till we find out... We'll either be crying or celebrating but we'll all get through it! Good luck!

what if we don't find out?

2 minutes ago, sam89 said:

T-minus 5 minutes (give or take) till we find out... We'll either be crying or celebrating but we'll all get through it! Good luck!

Thanks! I've been lurking for the past few days and it's helped to know that I'm not the only one frazzled about this. 

8 minutes ago, lia.md said:

Your faculty sounds awesome. That's so fantastic. Congratulations!

Thank you! They all have young kids themselves and are super supportive. Good luck everyone!!

According to the Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai, in Feudal Japan, samurai lived as if they were already dead so they wouldn't fear death. 
(Or at least that's what the movie Ghostdog said) 

I, too, take this approach. I have accepted Fulbright defeat, and as such, have room only for good news. The only direction is up. 

Edited by moderatedbliss

Same. Same. To everyone's comments about the wait. I'm either going to pass out or combust! 

I really understand about wanting something sooo badly. I can't even think straight. I'm just like - please, recommend me, please recommend me.....

9 minutes ago, poindexter said:

i don't think i could handle that. my combustion would make the competition a bit easier for someone else though, so there's that.

Yeah this amount of anxiety is definitely unsustainable if we have to wait until Friday to find out!!

7 minutes ago, daishahistory said:

I feel like most notifications  are given out this late, so that people aren't able to call them. At least that is how my school deals with big notifications like this. To give you the night to digest the information. 

I was thinking about this as well...I mean I would personally send it out right as I was running out the door...but that's just me avoiding my responsibilities! lol

Well it looks like it will be either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow...or next week... who knows!

Hey friends. I know it doesn't help any with the agony of waiting, but my Fulbright advisor emailed me today as well saying we'd hear today.

Granted, it's getting late, I haven't heard anything, and it's not helping my anxiety any, but thought I'd pass it along.