Fulbright 2017-2018

jenrd

2 minutes ago, roborobb said:

I think we just got trolled by all the people who said they were told by their advisors they got recommended. 

If I hadn't gotten an email from my advisor myself, I would have thought the same

I emailed my advisor this morning and she told me: "I just re-checked the email from IIE, and it says all applicants will be notified by the end of the day on 1/18 – that’s today! So it should be very soon." 

Idk what "end of day" means any more, though :/

I have no idea what an FPA is. So my advisor knows but I don't? I don't get this stuff. 

Fulbright Program Adviser

Fulbright Program Advisor is the person at your college or university who liaises with the Fulbright program. This is not your academic advisor. If you didn't apply through a school, you don't have one. Edited to add that it doesn't mean you're not as competitive without having one. At-large applicants are often successful.

Edited by lyonessrampant

2 minutes ago, lyonessrampant said:

Fulbright Program Advisor is the person at your college or university who liaises with the Fulbright program. This is not your academic advisor. If you didn't apply through a school, you don't have one. Edited to add that it doesn't mean you're not as competitive without having one. At-large applicants are often successful.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, roborobb said:

All the rejections go in the second round… good at least I know my fate. Time to put my apron back on and work at a fast casual eatery for the rest of my life. 

What does this mean?

All the rejections go in the second round… good at least I know my fate. Time to put my apron back on and work at a fast casual eatery for the rest of my life. 

What do you mean? I received an email 5 minutes ago and wasn't recommended, so I don't think that's it! I'm just happy that I have an answer, and honestly I think I am perfectly happy not to go on the Fulbright -- my life is a bit easier in terms of graduate school applications, personal life, etc. Good luck, and I hope you hear back soon :)