Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

23 minutes ago, GCFaith92 said:

@Elisheva they are currently calling. I JUST got a call with them all on the line. The told me a waitlist goes out via email at 2pm but they called to tell me im technically accepted but they need 1 person to respond to them 1st

Congrats! I'm now watching the clock and getting anxious as it gets closer to 2pm.

I've been waitlisted for Manitoba and rejected from UBC.  Manitoba told me that I'm high on their waitlist and there's a good chance they'll have a spot for me.  Fingers-crossed.

14 minutes ago, robyn94 said:

Congrats on all of the offers! I got rejected from Toronto and UBC, so I'm feeling pretty bummed. I'm wait listed at SLC, but I'm not too hopeful at this point. Looks like I'm going to be a second year applicant. :(

I just said no to my SLC spot so don't give up hope!

42 minutes ago, atx09 said:

anyone hear from UTHouston? They're my top choice

@atx09 I got a call abt 10:30 EST.  High on the waitlist. I'm hoping for some movement soon bc Houston is tied for #1 for me.

Good news from VCU and Emory? 

@robyn94, SLC usually has a lot of movement on their waitlist (as do most programs!) but particularly there, due to their large class size. So don't give up hope yet!

I am waitlisted for a program! I was so excited to get the call.. and I forgot to ask where I'm at on the list lol must be the lack of sleep I have had the past couple of days... so, does anyone know about how many people are put on the list? 

Trying to feel hopeful. 

Edited by kds27

32 minutes ago, GCapplicant said:

Just got a call from my top school, CSU -- waitlisted! So excited!!

still nothing for me..starting to lose hope :/

Waitlisted at UTHouston and UPittsburgh, 

Accepted at Sarah Lawrence

UTHouston is my top choice, I feel bad hanging on to an acceptance but they said not to expect to hear any updates on the waitlist until tomorrow. Going to make an effort to try to relax until then... I might need wine. I'll definitely need wine... 

@metabolismo looks like we got that call at about the same time haha

Yea, I just decided to let go of Emory (can't believe I'm writing that). It was my second choice school, but I'm already in so much debt from undergrad, I can't justify getting in debt over 130,000. They did offer a 2,000 scholarship for the first year, but it doesn't really help with cost overall. Plus a got a really good vibe from VCU. I know that all the GC programs are amazing and impressive so I know I'll still get an amazing education

Just got a call from UCI and I'm waitlisted. It's actually a great news for my current situation!

The director mentioned the informing process could potentially last to Wednesday. So the torturing waiting's been prolonged... I'm going to recharge my phone.

7 minutes ago, gc2017 said:

Ughhhh not hearing anything is almost worse than a rejection. I just want an official answer at this point.

Girllll I feel you over here in waitlist hell. It's *almost* worse because I was SO SURE it was gonna be a rejection, and now it's a waitlist, and I'm just like PLEASE GOD LET PEOPLE REJECT THEIR SPOTS.

(PS: doesn't matter if you're a girl or not, I call everyone girl. Figured I'd make that clear. It's my version of 'dude'.)

Edited by adragonisnoslave

I definitely thought I'd have heard from all the schools by now, but I'm still waiting on CSU and Wisconsin - both of which have given out some waitlist spots already.

And I've gotten 2 rejections so far. I keep telling myself they can only make so many calls at a time, but still I'm so anxious. I want this day to be over with! Ugh.

Hey! I found this after I was done with all my interviews and have just been silently reading along. Though I'd finally post something. I heard back from both of my schools. Rejected at Alabama and on Oklahoma's alternate list... they didn't say where I am on the list or anything though. :/ both emails. Congrats everyone that's been accepted so far! 

Well, I've officially accepted at the University of Maryland!:D So please let me know if any of you will be going there! I'm so excited to be going to my top choice and I'm so happy for all of you. I know it might not be the best news for everyone today, but please don't give up on your dreams! You will make it through this roller coaster of a day. <3