Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

1 minute ago, GCFaith92 said:

I haven't hear a single thing from either school today where I am waitlisted and I can't help but get super angry and frustrated now

It's only 11 here, noon on the east coast... people are still holding onto spots. Schools can't do anything until people let them know one way or the other.

49 minutes ago, Joey0817 said:

Hi everyone!

Congratulations on everyone who got accepted for this Fall 2017 cycle, I was just wondering what your cGPA was just to give myself an idea of what to aim for when I apply for Fall 2018. Thanks guys and best of luck to those on the waitlist!!

I was accepted at a few places and had a 3.4. I do think my low GPA was a problem at a couple schools, but most took a very holistic approach to my resume.

7 minutes ago, GCFaith92 said:

I haven't hear a single thing from either school today where I am waitlisted and I can't help but get super angry and frustrated now

@GCFaith92 You should call! I just called Houston to ask about status of the waitlist, and the director was able to give me a lot more information than yesterday (number of students already committed, where I was on the list, etc). 

@raindaywoman SLC just called me to make sure I got their offer - I feel so bad, I'm holding onto my acceptance until I get word from USF =/ USF only has 4 spots though, so I imagine they'll fill them all today. I told SLC I'd definitely accept/deny by the end of today though. Janelle was the one who called me - maybe try calling her to check?

2 minutes ago, KeepSwimming2017 said:

@raindaywoman SLC just called me to make sure I got their offer - I feel so bad, I'm holding onto my acceptance until I get word from USF =/ USF only has 4 spots though, so I imagine they'll fill them all today. I told SLC I'd definitely accept/deny by the end of today though. Janelle was the one who called me - maybe try calling her to check?

No worries! And congrats on the offer! Its all part of the process. I'll hope for USF for you then :-P Did SLC call you to offer the place? 

Hey everyone!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I have accepted my offer at the University of Texas so maybe I'll see some fellow classmates on here!

To anyone who doesn't get in this cycle, don't give up hope. I know it sucks right now but I promise it generally winds up for the better. I've been there so I'm happy to help those of you preparing for the next cycle, just message me! I'm obviously not on the admissions committee or anything but I'm happy to share my experiences/opinions!

2 minutes ago, Gadgette said:

Just called Pitt and left a message. I'm at work and had to pause to make sure I wasn't leaving my work number out of habit. It's cool, I totally wanted to sound like an idiot on voicemail.

Hey, you might already know this but just in case, Robin told me yesterday that Andrea was taking over today and fielding calls at Pitt. She gave me her number. I just called about 30min ago and she said they have had some movement on the waitlist as people have accepted other offers and they still have several open spots but she didn't give me detailed numbers. 

34 minutes ago, GCInTraining said:

Hey everyone!

Congrats to everyone who was accepted! I have accepted my offer at the University of Texas so maybe I'll see some fellow classmates on here!

To anyone who doesn't get in this cycle, don't give up hope. I know it sucks right now but I promise it generally winds up for the better. I've been there so I'm happy to help those of you preparing for the next cycle, just message me! I'm obviously not on the admissions committee or anything but I'm happy to share my experiences/opinions!

@GCInTraining I accepted my offer at UT as well! Can't wait to meet you and our other classmates in August!! :) 

Edited by PreGC

Just denied my acceptances to Jefferson and South Carolina, got off the waitlist and accepted to my second choice and also waiting to hopefully get off the waitlist of my top choice --hope this helps some of you out! 

Edited by TK1616