Genetic Counseling Fall 2017 Applicants

KT123

Hey you guys invited to Stanislaus. I live in the Bay and know how difficult it is, re housing, but am happy to help with contacts and questions re housing (with friends/contacts I probably get a housing offer 2-3 times a month?). I wanna help it not be so hard! And if you have questions about living here, I'm happy to help!

Edited by raindaywoman

25 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

I got in to UCI off of the waitlist! Thank you so much everyone who declined your offers quickly and made the waitlists move. I am so so thrilled I almost cried on the phone with the director. 

By the way, she said that they haven't filled out their class yet, so there is still significant shuffling to be done. Don't despair I'd you're waitlist locked, it can happen!

I'm emailing Brandeis and BU to remove me from their waitlists right now.

Where my fellow Anteaters at?

Congratulations! And thanks for the updates. I'm still waiting anxiously with my phone almost growing on me. I hope I could join you soon and make one step forward in my journey of genetic counseling!

By the way, did they inform you you're the first on the waitlist before they formally accept you?

1 hour ago, Ultrapeaches said:

I got in to UCI off of the waitlist! Thank you so much everyone who declined your offers quickly and made the waitlists move. I am so so thrilled I almost cried on the phone with the director. 

By the way, she said that they haven't filled out their class yet, so there is still significant shuffling to be done. Don't despair I'd you're waitlist locked, it can happen!

I'm emailing Brandeis and BU to remove me from their waitlists right now.

Where my fellow Anteaters at?

Yay so happy for you!!! 

57 minutes ago, GC4ever said:

Congratulations! And thanks for the updates. I'm still waiting anxiously with my phone almost growing on me. I hope I could join you soon and make one step forward in my journey of genetic counseling!

By the way, did they inform you you're the first on the waitlist before they formally accept you?

Nope. She said I was in the top group, but I got the distinct impression that I was not number one when I spoke with Pamela this morning. She had a lot of people turn down waitlist spots.

20 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

Nope. She said I was in the top group, but I got the distinct impression that I was not number one when I spoke with Pamela this morning. She had a lot of people turn down waitlist spots.

She said similar things to me when I called this morning. That really made me feel much more uncertain about my waitlist status at first. But now I'm a little bit relieved. With people turning down their offers/waitlists any minute, my acceptance phone call could also arrive any minute. (-stay optimistic!!!)

Thank you so much for answering my question! 

On 4/24/2017 at 2:56 PM, caitob said:

I got accepted around 4pm

Got accepted almost 10 minutes after I posted.... SO EXCITED

32 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

Who's still waitlist locked? Who has an offer but is waiting for their top school?

USF only has one spot left and 3 people ahead of me on the waitlist, so I highly doubt I'll get in...but I can't help but have some hope. I'm waiting until 1pm to accept my offer at SLC. 

4 minutes ago, Gadgette said:

I'm just sitting, waiting, wishing....

Still waitlist for Pitt and VCU (pretty sure UAMS is full).

Hey, I thought I saw that you are interested in the dual degree at Pitt, mind if I ask what you see as the benefits of that? 

8 minutes ago, adragonisnoslave said:

I'm waiting for Indiana's waitlist to move. It's my only shot. 

I just called and they currently have 5 outstanding offers with I believe 3 offers that are leaning heavily elsewhere but also waiting to get off a waitlist. However she said I was midrange on the waitlist, so I'm guessing I don't have much of a shot there. But she also said she might be able to make me an offer, so I'm not sure how big the waitlist is. Maybe something will move in the afternoon. Let me know if you hear anything from them!

53 minutes ago, Ultrapeaches said:

Who's still waitlist locked? Who has an offer but is waiting for their top school?

I am waiting on Utah or Pitts waitlist to move but I will probably just accept my UNC offer this afternoon.

Hey everyone! So glad again to hear that waitlists have showed some movement and that so many people will be starting in the Fall!

I saw that there was a Facebook group for the Class of 2017 with students from all different programs where they were able to share articles and resources, meetup at NSGC events, etc and was interested in creating one for our year!  I created one for the Class of 2019, but Facebook will not let me publish the group until I add at least one other person to it - womp.  But if anyone is interested in joining, send me a PM and I can add you and then people can search for us!

Edited by Darwin