2 hours ago, michellelaura92 said:

That's wonderful! Is that where your husband will go too? I met him at the Iowa visit but I didn't get a chance to say hi to you!

Oh yeah! Hi! ? He's still waiting to hear from Iowa, but if he doesn't make it off the waitlist then he'll move with me and reapply next year-- the umn rhetoric staff like him a lot.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:26 PM, heyDW said:

Oh yeah! Hi! ? He's still waiting to hear from Iowa, but if he doesn't make it off the waitlist then he'll move with me and reapply next year-- the umn rhetoric staff like him a lot.

I hope everything works out for you two! Congrats on committing!

annnnnnnnd I officially committed to Iowa. So excited!

Here is the weirdest thing - I still haven't heard a word from UIC :blink: I sent my application 4.5 months ago and exchanged some emails with the Comm grad student coordinator back then, everything seemed normal. And then...complete silence. I emailed the Comm program twice, no response, then I emailed the grad office and they told me to email the coordinator. I sent her an email thinking "we had good communication earlier, I'm sure she will respond"... But again, nothing. My application page still says "referred to the program" haha. I mean, it's not that I care, I'm just surprised.

1 hour ago, ejpril88 said:

Here is the weirdest thing - I still haven't heard a word from UIC :blink: I sent my application 4.5 months ago and exchanged some emails with the Comm grad student coordinator back then, everything seemed normal. And then...complete silence. I emailed the Comm program twice, no response, then I emailed the grad office and they told me to email the coordinator. I sent her an email thinking "we had good communication earlier, I'm sure she will respond"... But again, nothing. My application page still says "referred to the program" haha. I mean, it's not that I care, I'm just surprised.

Two of my friends each had one school that NEVER got back to them with a final result and they had to assume they didn't get in when they didn't hear back by April 15. It's really not a big deal especially if you got into the school you want, but I feel like it's unprofessional of such schools... Hopefully it's just a mistake :/

4 hours ago, DBear said:

Two of my friends each had one school that NEVER got back to them with a final result and they had to assume they didn't get in when they didn't hear back by April 15. It's really not a big deal especially if you got into the school you want, but I feel like it's unprofessional of such schools... Hopefully it's just a mistake :/

I still haven't heard ANYTHING from Denver. I even emailed one of the faculty members to be like "hey I think ur cool" and nothing. The DGS was nice to me but that was like, October.

18 hours ago, heyDW said:

I still haven't heard ANYTHING from Denver. I even emailed one of the faculty members to be like "hey I think ur cool" and nothing. The DGS was nice to me but that was like, October.

What the ?! I guess this type of thing really isn't that rare ?!?!

6 minutes ago, DBear said:

What the ?! I guess this type of thing really isn't that rare ?!?!

Nope. I never heard from Nebraska. I finally emailed them and just said, I haven't heard anything from you, but I already accepted another program.

Yeah, it really bugs me-- my husband got rejected and a friend of mine got in, so I guess technically I'm on the waitlist but it'd be nice to hear something. Anything.

17 hours ago, michellelaura92 said:

If you pay the application fee and put all the time into applying, don't you at least deserve to hear some sort of decision?

I agree! After UIC finally responded to my 3rd email saying they are still considering, and I told them I already accepted another offer, I expected a response like "thanks for letting us know, good luck" or something like that but again - silence.

Only 8 days left guys!

21 hours ago, heyDW said:

Yeah, it really bugs me-- my husband got rejected and a friend of mine got in, so I guess technically I'm on the waitlist but it'd be nice to hear something. Anything.

OH Dear - I just now noticed that sad little gray "nothing yet" in your signature UGH if only we could get rid of that!!!

1 hour ago, heyDW said:

Lol just got rejected from Denver...THANKS FOLKS

And you are DONE!! CONGRATULATIONS!! 

Guys, it's already April 15th where I'm at. Whatever the outcome of this cycle was for you, congratulations on making it this far and not jumping off a cliff. I've done a whole bunch of things career-wise and I can honestly say that the application process is no joke, one of the most stressful processes I've ever been through. Also, just making the decision to continue with school takes a lot of courage, so kudos to us all!