HGSE 2017

aina7

Sending good vibes to everyone! It's almost 11 PM where I am and the drowsy side effects of my generic allergy medication is starting to kick in so I'm going to go to bed and hope for the best.

It's comforting to see that I'm not the only one awake at this odd hour (in India) waiting to hear from Harvard. Around 2 hours to go!!

I was admitted to the EPM program. It is going to be so bittersweet to leave my students, but I am SO excited for this opportunity! I will be attending the NYC reception on March 15th and will hopefully see some of you there!

Not accepted. Discouraging after working on application for so long. But congratulations to those who were accepted.

I don't know about you others who were not accepted but I plan to try again. I understand everyone can make 3 attempts. So, here are my questions straight off:

1. But as a first question does anyone know if there is still a chance of being offered a place if those accepted have to turn down the offer of acceptance?

2. Is there a way to find out why one was not accepted? Was my GRE too low? Were my recommendations not strong enough? Was my Statement of Purpose not clear and succinct?

Does anyone have any suggestions?