2017 Canadian Application Thread!

11 minutes ago, SLPLS said:

I just woke up to find 2 missed called from western??? I was offered admissions from last night to western but I didn't expect them to call to tell me that? Anyone else get a call? 

I did too! Mostly just a congratulations/asking if I had questions 

Congrats to everyone with offers and waitlist positions this morning! I've been reading your posts for months (it's been nice to feel I wasn't alone in freaking out over applications) but figured I'd join in now...got accepted to U of T and Western, and waitlisted (#26) at Mac! I'm pretty sure I'll be saying yes to U of T, so that should open some spots up.  My reasons are: I like the format of the program, know some people who are in year 1 there and really like it,  but mostly it's that I live in the GTA with my partner and our two kids and that way we don't need to relocate the family! So excited! Having a hard time believing it, though!

Hi!! Congratulations everyone!! Did anyone accept an offer from ORPAS and didn't get a confirmation email??? I'm kind of worried I did something wrong!

Edited by slp_pau

2 hours ago, chspee said:

Is there anyone who got into UofT who still has not finished anatomy (in progress). I got an offer but I'm scared that if I don't get at least a B+ they will take it away. Curious if anyone is in the same boat?

I am in the same boat!!! I am currently taking introduction to linguistics as well as phonetics courses and will be completed these by the end of April after exams. I am not worried about these courses as I am doing very well. I am also currently taking an online physiology course (not anatomy, but similar thing I suppose) through Athabasca University. I have a year to complete the course, but I am trying to complete it in 5 months haha (since ORPAS needs final grades by June 30th...yet U of T gave a different date on their website...I will need to ask them about that)! So far I am on track but definitely feel stressed that I won't finish in time or won't get a decent mark. Hang in there.

22 hours ago, SLPwannabe! said:

Anyone hear from U of A today? I think the feeling of not knowing is worse than being rejected...

I'm in the same boat...still haven't heard anything. Would be great to at least know. At least you're not alone! *Fingers crossed*

9 minutes ago, slpteacher said:

I'm in the same boat...still haven't heard anything. Would be great to at least know. At least you're not alone! *Fingers crossed*

It seems nobody else has heard since the first wave of acceptances went out last Thursday. I just want to know! If I didn't get accepted at least let me know don't drag it out!! Or if I'm waitlisted!

11 minutes ago, SLPwannabe! said:

It seems nobody else has heard since the first wave of acceptances went out last Thursday. I just want to know! If I didn't get accepted at least let me know don't drag it out!! Or if I'm waitlisted!

My bf is waitlisted at U of A and got the email yesterday.

I provisionally accepted my offer to U of T and now when I try to log back into ORPAS it says my application is being processed and I can't view anything. I didn't receive a confirmation email either. I am also a bit worried I did something wrong...like accidentally withdraw my offer or something...imagine :o. Anyways, when I replied to U of T about the open house I just added in that I provisionally accepted my offer and am hoping I did so correctly :P

Edited by JessieBear
sorry for the double post, this was supposed to be a reply to someone

1 hour ago, slp_pau said:

Hi!! Congratulations everyone!! Did anyone accept an offer from ORPAS and didn't get a confirmation email??? I'm kind of worried I did something wrong!

I provisionally accepted my offer to U of T and now when I try to log back into ORPAS it says my application is being processed and I can't view anything. I didn't receive a confirmation email either. I am also a bit worried I did something wrong...like accidentally withdraw my offer or something...imagine :o. Anyways, when I replied to U of T about the open house I just added in that I provisionally accepted my offer and am hoping I did so correctly :P

Does anyone accepted to Western know if there is a spring open house? I've tried calling back but keep getting the voicemail (I slept through the call this morning, it was a super late night last night!!) 

Congrats to everyone!!

I got accepted by U of T and Western! I didn’t even realize they were accepting March 31st, I was waiting for midnight tonight! I was surprised by an email from U of T this morning and then again surprised when Western called a few minutes later!! 

I’m still in my 4th year and applied for the first time, not really feeling like I had the most competitive subGPA, so I was completely shocked getting into both my top schools.

Congratulations to everyone that’s been accepted, good luck to those waitlisted, and to those who did not get in this year, best wishes! Everyone has worked so hard and we should ALL be proud of all the hard work and effort that has been put in <3 

56 minutes ago, JessieBear said:

Don't worry about not getting a confirmation email after accepting an offer through ORPAS. I freaked out because I didn't get one and I called them. Apparently you get a confirmation number but I didn't see one. She emailed me an hour later confirming my firm acceptance. I guess you could call/email them if you really need to but same thing happened to me, it said your application has been submitted and no changes can be made etc. I think as long as you followed the instructions you should be fine.

39 minutes ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

Does anyone accepted to Western know if there is a spring open house? I've tried calling back but keep getting the voicemail (I slept through the call this morning, it was a super late night last night!!) 

Congrats to everyone!!

I asked this morning when I got a call from Western! I was told they had theirs in October and there's not another one :(

Hey everyone,  this is how first post haha. I was wondering if anyone here has heard back from Memorial University? I applied into their Master of Arts in history program. Also, a few friends of mine who are working on their graduate studies at U of A, UVIC, and U of C all said that a lot of Americans have been applying to graduate programs in Canada Across the board. Calgary for example received triple the applicants they normally get so they have been delayed in firing off acceptance offers. Hopefully that's somewhat useful information.

I was hoping I could get some opinions on Dal's program vs Western. I have my own ideas of the pros and cons to each, but I want see what others think who have applied to both. Also, are there any current students at Western or Dal who can comment on what they like and don't like about the program/school?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone, 

My Western student centre and ORPAS account both say that I have an offer of admission from Western, however, I did not recieve a call today like I have read others have. I am currently finishing my 4th year at Western, so maybe they didn't call current students??? I'm not sure why they wouldn't - is anyone else in the same boat? 

5 minutes ago, SLP_LH said:

Hi Everyone, 

My Western student centre and ORPAS account both say that I have an offer of admission from Western, however, I did not recieve a call today like I have read others have. I am currently finishing my 4th year at Western, so maybe they didn't call current students??? I'm not sure why they wouldn't - is anyone else in the same boat? 

I am also a current student at Western, but I got a call! I've tried calling back twice today but she hasn't answered- so maybe she's just busy :)

6 minutes ago, SLPhopeful17 said:

I am also a current student at Western, but I got a call! I've tried calling back twice today but she hasn't answered- so maybe she's just busy :)

hmm ok. It is making me a little worried aha, but maybe they will be making calls Monday as well. 

To the people wondering about UBC, I got a call this afternoon saying I was accepted!!! In total shock. I haven't graduated with my bachelor's yet (summer is my last semester) and I'm from BC so I only applied at UBC. I had a lot of self-doubt as my GPA isn't as amazing as many of the other people on here, but I guess my work/volunteer/research experience helped out. Feeling super excited!! Anyone else get a call from them today?

I saw that someone started a FB group for another school to get to know everyone, anyone interested in one for UBC? :)