Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

4 minutes ago, jge said:

Claiming acceptance to Duke (Americanist). Got an e-mail to check decision on website, no funding info yet, at least not updated on website

Congratulations!

And now my watch begins

5 minutes ago, jge said:

Claiming acceptance to Duke (Americanist). Got an e-mail to check decision on website, no funding info yet, at least not updated on website

3 minutes ago, ngsam191 said:

Claiming an acceptance too. The funding info is on the financial aid tab on the front page.

Did you guys get a notification through the OneLink thing? Or was it through the original application portal? I never got an email from Duke regarding OneLink and I'm wondering if that would prevent me from getting a notification.

5 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

Did you guys get a notification through the OneLink thing? Or was it through the original application portal? I never got an email from Duke regarding OneLink and I'm wondering if that would prevent me from getting a notification.

It's the onelink thing they tell you to sign up for when you submit your application

5 minutes ago, jge said:

It's the onelink thing they tell you to sign up for when you submit your application

My onelink thing doesn't work. Even after I reset the password. :/

did anything change for you on the original application site?

3 minutes ago, advark said:

My onelink thing doesn't work. Even after I reset the password. :/

did anything change for you on the original application site?

Mine always tells me that there was an error logging in, and then when I reload the page it works. 

No email for me yet. I'm hoping that theory just hasn't rolled out yet, but it's doubtful I guess. 

2 minutes ago, philpot said:

Mine always tells me that there was an error logging in, and then when I reload the page it works. 

No email for me yet. I'm hoping that theory just hasn't rolled out yet, but it's doubtful I guess. 

Mine stills says there is a problem even after reloading....

8 minutes ago, advark said:

Mine stills says there is a problem even after reloading....

Mine too. This is why I prefer it when the DGS or someone from the department emails those accepted. 

18 minutes ago, territhemayor said:

Accepted duke for theory. First acceptance. Spoooky feeling. Good luck to all. 

31 minutes ago, ngsam191 said:

Claiming an acceptance too. The funding info is on the financial aid tab on the front page.

34 minutes ago, jge said:

Congrats y'all! Let the acceptances keep on rolling in for the rest of us.

So for anyone who is having trouble accessing their OneLink account like I am (I get a blue-screen error message that my username/password are incorrect from Oracle) I would suggest calling the IT support at Duke. I just got off the phone with them and they said that many applicants have been having similar problems, and they need to send a request ticket over to the IT support people to unlock it for you. I was told that because it's after 5pm EST my account won't be fixed until tomorrow, but for others having the same problem I highly suggest calling them and having it sorted out.

Edited by mstama123

12 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

So for anyone who is having trouble accessing their OneLink account like I am (I get a blue-screen error message that my username/password are incorrect from Oracle) I would suggest calling the IT support at Duke. I just got off the phone with them and they said that many applicants have been having similar problems, and they need to send a request ticket over to the IT support people to unlock it for you. I was told that because it's after 5pm EST my account won't be fixed until tomorrow, but for others having the same problem I highly suggest calling them and having it sorted out.

Thanks for the information!

19 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

Oh man... Well... I guess waiting but not hopeful... Congrats to the accepted!

23 minutes ago, polisci13542 said:

Do you guys think it's over for Duke? (Since it's after 5 pm EST)

IMHO, I think it is. I hope they do not take a lot of time to issue their rejections.

Let me correct something.

Duke probably isn't over for everybody. The results page shows at least three instances of acceptances happening days or even a whole month after the first ones were issued.

Yeah. But Duke apparently doesn't send news of waitlist for anybody, only acceptances or rejections. It may take a while for everybody to know exactly how they are with them.

I know this is a really silly problem to have, but of course the two programs I've been accepted to (thus far) have overlapping visiting days... It's a shame because I plan to attend both, but I'm only going to be able to go to half of each. Of course I could make a decision to attend one visit in entirety and not the other, but the main reasons that I'm attending the visiting days are to meet with POIs/get a feel for the departments and to see the campuses/cities (never been to either place) that I might be living in for the next 5+ years; therefore, choosing to visit one department and not the other would actually hamper my ability to make a rational choice. Sigh.

Of course, an acceptance from Columbia/Stanford/Michigan could solve this problem quickly!

15 minutes ago, dagnabbit said:

I know this is a really silly problem to have, but of course the two programs I've been accepted to (thus far) have overlapping visiting days... It's a shame because I plan to attend both, but I'm only going to be able to go to half of each. Of course I could make a decision to attend one visit in entirety and not the other, but the main reasons that I'm attending the visiting days are to meet with POIs/get a feel for the departments and to see the campuses/cities (never been to either place) that I might be living in for the next 5+ years; therefore, choosing to visit one department and not the other would actually hamper my ability to make a rational choice. Sigh.

Of course, an acceptance from Columbia/Stanford/Michigan could solve this problem quickly!

Why not attend one official visit and plan an individual visit for the second place? 

Arguably, visiting outside the official visit days might give you better information anyways, as (a) you get to see the department going through business as usual and (b) you don't need to compete with a bunch of other prospective students for the attention of POIs, etc. 

I'm certain that most places would be more than happy to help you set something up!

Edited by oakeshott

@oakeshott yeah, I did consider doing that. I do think that the official visits seem to present an unusually good opportunity to meet a lot of faculty and grad students at once, though, and a big draw for me is the chance to meet some members of my potential cohort. Once we know where we'll be this fall, my partner and I are thinking that we might take a private trip to the area to get a feel for it / try to lock down an apartment. Of course, this all hinges on our ability to get reasonably priced airfare...