Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

4 minutes ago, swanblack said:

Has anyone applied to X department at Y University and received email from the Office of Graduate Studies newsletter (e.g. announcing the appointment of new President)? I am wondering how my email ID ended up with the Office of Graduate Studies? Does it signify that X department has made a decision and forwarded its decision to the Office of Graduate Studies (responsible for final recommendations) which would have listed the email IDs of admitted students in its newsletter? Since I recall I am in the database of X department since last year when I was admitted to their MA program but declined over personal reasons. I have been receiving emails from X department ever since but it's the first time I am receiving email from the Office of Graduate Studies. 

Particularly, it's concluding sentence-- "This is an exciting time for all of us at Y University and we hope you consider becoming a part of our academic community"--makes me freak out over and over again. :) 

I had that! Usually you can simply unsubscribe (there is nothing "bad/sketchy" going on, they simply still have your email from your application). If there is no button to unsubscribe, email them that you want your data deleted.Should work out.

4 minutes ago, polisci13542 said:

Just wondering, what school is this? If it's really the case (congrats!) then that school will probably release decisions very soon

Those emails are generic. The only thing they indicate is that they got a new president and nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Kenga said:

I had that! Usually you can simply unsubscribe (there is nothing "bad/sketchy" going on, they simply still have your email from your application). If there is no button to unsubscribe, email them that you want your data deleted.Should work out.

Got it. Will probably wait for a while to unsubscribe. There are not many emails. Only one so far.

46 minutes ago, Bibica said:

Quiet night tonight. Wonder if the whole week will be like this or if there will be a flurry of schools on Thursday/Friday.

Last year Michigan, Columbia, and Stanford starting releasing on Wednesday February 10th, so tomorrow could be a flurry as well.

16 minutes ago, zapatos said:

Last year Michigan, Columbia, and Stanford starting releasing on Wednesday February 10th, so tomorrow could be a flurry as well.

Or Friday. This suspense though ...

4 minutes ago, advark said:

Troll work with the Rochester results. 

Now I'm open to this possibility. It should have more results by now, and at least one claim here.