Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

5 minutes ago, philpot said:

I noticed the same in mine, unfortunately, but I'm trying not to think about it. I figure if it was something I missed in my 20+ edits, and something my professors missed when reviewing my SOP for me, it can't be something that will hurt me too badly, even if it is noticed. 

I am okay about it, but if I hadn't been accepted by no program by now I would be banging my head against every wall I found. :lol:

8 minutes ago, RevTheory1126 said:

LOL yeah, it really hasn't seemed to slow you down too much ;) Yes, calm before storm... anticipating a wild week. Hope everyone gets a lot of rest tonight.

It didn't slow me down, but that may be due to the fact that my SOPs to the schools that accepted me were devoid of such errors. ;) 

1 hour ago, VMcJ said:

And as we head into a probably very busy week here, I noticed only now that two of my SOPs had the type of errors they absolutely should not have. Not typos, but a repeated sentence in one and a truncated phrase in the other. Hope this didn't carry that much weight, but boy how careless.

I guess contents especially that regarding research experience and interests weighs way much more than typos and grammatical mistakes in SOPs. Anyway you've been doing well so far so no worries! 

50 minutes ago, as2472 said:

Has anybody heard from Rutgers? I remember seeing something on here a few days ago, but haven't seen anything on the results page  

I remember that. But from what I can tell (past cycles on the results page), Rutgers is not due for another week. Earliest may be the end of this one.But given that the current cycle has been full of surprises (e.g., Princeton sending their results out way earlier than normal) I would only use past cycles as rough guidelines.

3 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

MIT calls their acceptances before sending an email.

Well, only the Americans. And I doubt they call anybody on a Sunday.
And since nobody claims the acceptances, they are - at least in my book - fake. 

13 minutes ago, gc_user said:

I'm curious why you would consider Duke over Princeton?

Oh, I don't think I would, especially after receiving their funding offer. I noticed that someone had posted a Duke admit and people had been asking about them for the past two weeks. I also paid for these applications so I'm generally curious as to how they turned out.

EDIT: Also what @resDQ said. These are my future colleagues and I want them to like me.

Edited by Bibica

3 minutes ago, Monody said:

Has anyone received anything or are we going of the results page? I didn't find an update on the website.

Just going off of what the results page said. Could be a troll, but if it is then they're evolving.

5 minutes ago, Bibica said:

Just going off of what the results page said. Could be a troll, but if it is then they're evolving.

the info the poster provided I've seen before. It is likely it is not a troll. 

4 hours ago, Kenga said:

I remember that. But from what I can tell (past cycles on the results page), Rutgers is not due for another week. Earliest may be the end of this one.But given that the current cycle has been full of surprises (e.g., Princeton sending their results out way earlier than normal) I would only use past cycles as rough guidelines.

I can tell you that Rutgers sent out their first round of acceptances at least more than a week ago. 

20 minutes ago, concrema said:

I can tell you that Rutgers sent out their first round of acceptances at least more than a week ago. 

Ah well, suppose I'm just waiting for a more formal rejection at this point (my portal still says "no decision"). Thanks for the info :)

Edit: Sent a quick e-mail to the admissions dept to confirm whether that is indeed the case or whether they trickle out as it minimally impacts whether I send in one last MPhil proposal 

Edited by as2472