Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

3 minutes ago, Kenga said:

It is too early for Yale. They are usually one of the latest.

I declare shenanigans! 

That's what I'm thinking. Actually I was so shocked at how much earlier than usual it was (before processing the whole probably not real bit) that I just jumped out of my chair and spilled the coffee I was holding everywhere. Not that this admissions cycle has me on edge or anything....

2 minutes ago, as2472 said:

That's what I'm thinking. Actually I was so shocked at how much earlier than usual it was (before processing the whole probably not real bit) that I just jumped out of my chair and spilled the coffee I was holding everywhere. Not that this admissions cycle has me on edge or anything....

I almost did the same thing, but then I felt inner peace as my internal "that's a troll" sense took over. Thankfully.

3 minutes ago, as2472 said:

No worries, first thing I did after seeing it: check my email and refreshing it for 10 times within two minutes. :D 

19 minutes ago, Kenga said:

No worries, first thing I did after seeing it: check my email and refreshing it for 10 times within two minutes. :D 

I didn't even apply to Yale and I still refreshed my email 10 times after seeing the Yale post! -_-

4 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

I didn't even apply to Yale and I still refreshed my email 10 times after seeing the Yale post! -_-

:D It's just the word that somebody is sending out acceptances that makes everybody nervous. 

20 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

Yes! Me too! Gosh, I feel like I need to be on blood pressure medicine after this last 3 weeks, honestly...

18 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

I also didn't apply. But when I saw it I refreshed my email as well.

There was an email from Yale.

I jumped. During a fraction of a second I could not believe. But It was from Yale Coursera. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Monody said:

Excluding Yale, can we expect Duke and Penn later today?

It seems that for the last two cycles or so, Duke has notified exactly on Feb 3rd. Definitely a possibility.

8 minutes ago, mstama123 said:

It seems that for the last two cycles or so, Duke has notified exactly on Feb 3rd. Definitely a possibility.

Maybe they stick to this "tradition." Maybe they decide to torture us? Who knows? The possibilities are endless... :/ 

5 minutes ago, cydxb said:

I'm oddly glad to receive the rejection email from Princeton - it's better than the radio silence from other schools! 

Funnily enough, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Edited by Comparativist

56 minutes ago, Kenga said:

Maybe they stick to this "tradition." Maybe they decide to torture us? Who knows? The possibilities are endless... :/ 

I love the evil-genius-adcomm image in my mind. Someone mentioned Penn a few pages ago, but I'm not sure what it was based on... it doesn't seem like Penn is super consistent. Duke could very well be today. And that's terrifying...

Oh and at this point, I would relish a rejection... just something to let me know I actually did something a few months ago, you know, like, that I actually filled out forms, wrote letters, paid fees etc.

Edited by RevTheory1126

1 hour ago, gc_user said:

Anyone know when Stanford and MIt release decisions?

My prediction is that we will hear from both next week, probably around Thursday / Friday.

That being said, a small part of my is still hoping that we'll hear from Stanford today. It's still early afternoon in CA! And after the Princeton surprise, it feels like anything is possible. :P

Edited by oakeshott

ditto on the Princeton rejection...luckily i was able to obtain a fee waiver

Hoping this rejection isn't a harbinger of things to come and my cycle. Disappointed, but not devastated. I wasn't exactly keen on spending the next 5+years of my life in the hinterland of NJ, plus having completed my masters there I didn't find the romantic prospects particularly enticing while I was there. No shade to admits.  It's a truly world-class institution with superior resources in nearly all regards, excellent alumni etc. My reasons are probably more shallow than most.  

Additionally, I'm happy to provide info to any inquiring minds who were recently admitted. I graduated in 2015 as a Woo so lots of overlap with various departments (literally Corwin is connected to Robertson, making for a convenient little shortcut when the weather invariably turns foul) More pro-tips per request.

3 minutes ago, selectionbias said:

ditto on the Princeton rejection...luckily i was able to obtain a fee waiver

Hoping this rejection isn't a harbinger of things to come and my cycle. Disappointed, but not devastated. I wasn't exactly keen on spending the next 5+years of my life in the hinterland of NJ, plus having completed my masters there I didn't find the romantic prospects particularly enticing while I was there. No shade to admits.  It's a truly world-class institution with superior resources in nearly all regards, excellent alumni etc. My reasons are probably more shallow than most.  

Additionally, I'm happy to provide info to any inquiring minds who were recently admitted. I graduated in 2015 as a Woo so lots of overlap with various departments (literally Corwin is connected to Robertson, making for a convenient little shortcut when the weather invariably turns foul) More pro-tips per request.

Best part of this --> " I didn't find the romantic prospects particularly enticing while I was there"