Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

57 minutes ago, resDQ said:

the info the poster provided I've seen before. It is likely it is not a troll. 

I've seen it before too. Seems like this is an elaborate troll that implanted themselves in the results page overtime.... 

4 minutes ago, advark said:

I've seen it before too. Seems like this is an elaborate troll that implanted themselves in the results page overtime.... 

I thought that the profile looked familiar....

7 minutes ago, advark said:

Or just copy pasted...not that difficult to do.

That being said...it's quite the 'trollish' description...two first author pubs? Highly unlikely.

Edited by Comparativist

How likely do you all think it is that Duke would send admissions notifications past open hours (5 PM EST)?

Edited by jge

4 minutes ago, jge said:

How likely do you all think it is that Duke would send admissions notifications past open hours (5 PM EST)?

No one can answer this...but we haven't seen any top programs do this so far IIRC (or at least..past 6ish). 

Edited by Comparativist

3 minutes ago, jge said:

highly unlikely. After all, the people want to go home at some point. And if I project the behavior of my professors on the Duke adcom/DGS they are not working past opening hours.

3 minutes ago, jge said:

Claiming acceptance to Duke (Americanist). Got an e-mail to check decision on website, no funding info yet, at least not updated on website

Claiming an acceptance too. The funding info is on the financial aid tab on the front page.