Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

6 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

This process can be pretty capricious. I reiterate: rejections do not mean you're unfit to doctoral studies, nor do acceptances mean you're awesome. I felt awful last year and I know how painful that can be, but there's always next cycle. And this one is far, very far from over. Let's keep up hope, fellas!

Obrigado, @VMcJ. Considering your trajectory over these two cycles, you already have established as a role model for me - and certainly for many others. Let's wait and hope for the best. That's is what in our reach at this moment. 

7 hours ago, Monody said:

Well, I guess then I consider myself as one of the lucky few that NYU did theoretically consider instead of outright rejecting me. I think as a program that revels in positive thought, they could at least give use our numbers on the waitlist so that we can make better decisions.

I'm also at NYU's wait list!

14 hours ago, territhemayor said:

Anyone have a clue about when the u Chicago committee on social thought sends acceptances? 

Congrats to all, by the way! :) 

I'm also waiting on social thought. Based solely on past years, it looks like they come the week or so after other departments, so maybe late next week or early the week after. 

2 hours ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

SO was that a no on anyone hearing from Northeastern at all?

I also applied to Northeastern! The graduate school once asked me to upload the late recommendation letter before 25 Jan. So I guess that the department started the review process around that time. Still waiting...

3 minutes ago, suisui said:

I also applied to Northeastern! The graduate school once asked me to upload the late recommendation letter before 25 Jan. So I guess that the department started the review process around that time. Still waiting...

In Poli Sci? I'm starting to think we probably applied to the same programs mostly lol

9 minutes ago, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

In Poli Sci? I'm starting to think we probably applied to the same programs mostly lol

ahhh, I applied to sociology. What else programs have you applied? 

On 2/3/2017 at 9:55 AM, suisui said:

ahhh, I applied to sociology. What else programs have you applied? 

This is my only Poli Sci one, the rest are public policy or sociology. 

I'm waiting on Northeastern, Yale, Brandeis, Brown, BU, BC, Umass Amherst, U at Albany, CUNY still  and debating about putting a Umass Boston one in this weekend. 

On 2/3/2017 at 9:57 AM, WorldPeaceMaker2010 said:

This is my only Poli Sci one, the rest are public policy or sociology. 

I'm waiting on Northeastern, Brandeis, Brown, BU, BC, Umass Amherst, U at Albany, CUNY still  and debating about putting a Umass Boston one in this weekend. 

I am also waiting on Brandeis (I applied to both sociology and social policy program), Umass Amherst. Umass Boston, you mean their master program or PhD program? 

37 minutes ago, jge said:

Just got an e-mail for phone interview with Vanderbilt, just in case people were waiting on info for that!

I am. I hope they are not finished with that, since not being interviewed probably means rejection.

35 minutes ago, suisui said:

I am also waiting on Brandeis (I applied to both sociology and social policy program), Umass Amherst. Umass Boston, you mean their master program or PhD program? 

If I applied, Umass Boston would be policy phd

Edited by WorldPeaceMaker2010

6 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

I am. I hope they are not finished with that, since not being interviewed probably means rejection.

Yeah I get you, but keep your head up! Don't be too concerned as of now, since they're contacting people all the way up to the 20th. I'm assuming they do this pretty slowly to give each person they're interviewing the option to choose the time of their phone call.

2 minutes ago, jge said:

Yeah I get you, but keep your head up! Don't be too concerned as of now, since they're contacting people all the way up to the 20th. I'm assuming they do this pretty slowly to give each person they're interviewing the option to choose the time of their phone call.

Yeah, I get that. And there's the fact that I am international, so an interview would probably be on Skype rather than a phone call.

2 minutes ago, weathered_behavioralist said:

Were you notified via email? If so, by the DGS or through the portal? 

I don't think NYU portals have been updated yet - at least mine hasn't changed (I'm assuming I'm a reject)

Just to correct something I said above: not getting interviewed does not mean rejection at Vanderbilt. There is at least one case of admission without interview from 2016 in the results page, and the email they sent everyone a couple of weeks ago does not state that every potential admitted student will be interviewed.

16 minutes ago, VMcJ said:

Just to correct something I said above: not getting interviewed does not mean rejection at Vanderbilt. There is at least one case of admission without interview from 2016 in the results page, and the email they sent everyone a couple of weeks ago does not state that every potential admitted student will be interviewed.

Yeah, that's the impression I got, as well. No email about an interview on my end. Dang, y'all, this is getting somber!!!

Edited by RevTheory1126

Just had a very productive conversation with a faculty member from UC Irvine. It was mostly on my interests, and potential faculty members to work with. They stated that they are very favorable with my admission, and the final decisions will be made in 2 or 3 weeks. Campus visit on March 3.