Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

Also claiming a Davis admit! Nice confidence booster after a few rejections. Big congrats to everybody who has received good news so far. Another thing - the congeniality and camaraderie displayed by the people in this thread makes me feel optimistic about our field. Here's to hoping that we all become friendly acquaintances, collaborators, and even coauthors in the future.

The only schools left on my list are Stanford, Columbia, and Michigan - obviously an admission from any of these would make my decision an easy one, but I am very content with my current options. Good luck to everybody still waiting for good news!

8 minutes ago, dagnabbit said:

Also claiming a Davis admit! Nice confidence booster after a few rejections. Big congrats to everybody who has received good news so far. Another thing - the congeniality and camaraderie displayed by the people in this thread makes me feel optimistic about our field. Here's to hoping that we all become friendly acquaintances, collaborators, and even coauthors in the future.

I strongly second that. This forum is one of the few places left on the internet which did not become nasty over time. I hope grad school have at least an ounce of the helpfulness displayed here by total strangers.

Congrats to everyone who got good news, and best of luck to those who are still waiting! 

It's a bit late, but I'm claiming another Princeton acceptance. I'm thrilled, but school hasn't started yet and I'm already feeling some very real impostor syndrome. Princeton was the first school I've heard from; Northwestern is most likely a no at this point. I'm still waiting to hear back from others, particularly Yale and Chicago.

16 minutes ago, Comparativist said:

So is that it for UNC? I can't get a handle on this program.

Impossible to say, but last year they trickled in and I don't see why this year should be different. Some people got phone calls and the letters are pretty personalized w/ funding offer, so I suspect it will take longer for them all to be sent out (compared to a generic email to all those admitted).

Edited by Bibica

I too would like to send out my appreciation for the collegiality on this board.  With one exception, it's been very helpful and soaking up all this knowledge and experience helped me improve my own file enough, so that at this point I at least know I'm going somewhere with a good fit!

Need the Big 10 schools to start dropping so I can finalize my choices.

Hi everyone. I got several acceptances and rejections and wanna share these. 

* Accepted: University of Arizona(TA or RA / 15000$ per year for 5 years + one-time 5000$), Rutgers(TA or RA / 25000$ per year for four years + summer mentoring offer 3000$), SUNY at Albany(funding not yet decided and will come out in the next few weeks), U.C. Davis(funidng not yet decided and will come out in the next few days)

* Interview: USC, Michigan State.

* Rejected or implied rejections: GWU, Emory, Austin, Northwestern, WashU, Berkeley

And, I am wondering

1) if those who got admitted to Davis were notified of any information about funding.

2) if there is anyone who is having an interview or already has done it.

(Is this for some kinda double-check after actual decisions have already been made or for dropping the candidates from their short-list?

Keeping my fingers crossed for Chicago today!

Does anyone have any insider info on Stanford, Columbia, or MIT? Any chance we'll get a Princeton-style surprise this week? 

Edited by oakeshott

Hello everyone,

I've been a serious lurker on this thread for the longest time. I must admit, all of you have really kept me going during this period of uncertainty. The wait is killing. 

Congratulations to all those who've received admits already!

Just wondering if anyone has received any email from the committee at Vanderbilt post the email sent out regarding the timeline etc. 

Anyway, good luck to all! 

Just finished my interview with Emory. They said that decisions are going to be made from this week, and probably notifications will be sent in the next two weeks. I know it's a long time span so maybe it's not really helpful, but that's all I've heard. 

10 minutes ago, Jimjimjim said:

Just finished my interview with Emory. They said that decisions are going to be made from this week, and probably notifications will be sent in the next two weeks. I know it's a long time span so maybe it's not really helpful, but that's all I've heard. 

What do they ask at interviews like these?

I would not worry about Columbia yet. It's still about a week early for them, and they haven't been claimed on the forum. I don't know about you all, but if I got into Columbia I would definitely:

1. Call my parents

2. Start selling plasma regularly to be able to afford NYC rent

3. Share the good news on this board

Let's assume that the posts are trolls until proven non-trolls.

3 minutes ago, dagnabbit said:

I would not worry about Columbia yet. It's still about a week early for them, and they haven't been claimed on the forum. I don't know about you all, but if I got into Columbia I would definitely:

1. Call my parents

2. Start selling plasma regularly to be able to afford NYC rent

3. Share the good news on this board

Let's assume that the posts are trolls until proven non-trolls.

I feel this post deeply. Thank you.

1 hour ago, HermioneWannabe said:

Maybe there's a chance these are trickling out too - 2 is not that many considering the number we've seen for other schools.

Took a look at last cycle, and it seems like they trickled out last time too. If I'm not mistaken, the first result was posted on Feb 8 and the last on March 1. 

31 minutes ago, Wallflower8 said:

Just wondering if anyone has received any email from the committee at Vanderbilt post the email sent out regarding the timeline etc. 

Haven't heard anything else from Vanderbilt, I imagine they will stick pretty close to their timeline given how precise they were in the initial email.

18 minutes ago, ngsam191 said:

What do they ask at interviews like these?

For mine, they asked about my education and writing sample, and let me ask several questions about their program. The interview lasted for about 30 minutes.