Welcome to the 2016-17 cycle!

8 minutes ago, territhemayor said:

Haven't heard a peep from Northwestern, Princeton, or Berkeley. Applied to all three. So I guess those are three no's. Still waiting for duke, Chicago, and many others. Still, thought all three were pretty good fits for me. Theory subfield here. It's a tough game we're in, boys and girls. Good luck to all. 

Princeton is 100% a no, if you haven't heard from it yet (source: insider)
Northwestern is 99.9% a no (source: somebody on here said they had to reply until Friday to set up their travels for the open house)
Berkeley, I don't know. On the one hand, some people got acceptances but there is not that much definite information as for the other two. 

-------
Disclaimer: I don't know whether there is some difference in PT.

Good luck!

3 minutes ago, jazzmintea said:

Waiting for Chicago too.. I should have applied to more schools. Still waiting to hear from 5 more. Hopefully it doesnt drag till end of this month. 

I am beginning to think much the same. I had applied to 8 schools (IR subfield); I have a received a rejection from UCSD, and have reason only to be skeptical and worried about Berkeley. Of the 6 remaining, at this point, I am hopeful of hearing good news from only 2 non-top-tier schools. It is downright exhausting to wait through the cycle without an acceptance in hand. Doom prophesies of receiving all rejects form rapidly and get cemented in the mind, hindering the ability to do any productive work whatsoever. The words of encouragement on this thread are, however, a big help at times like these!

Got the email from Ohio, also clarifying decisions on funding were not made yet. They should've let it clear in that first email, I've been treating OSU as a half-rejection due to lack of funding.

Just noticed this on the Stanford Poli Sci FAQs page (https://politicalscience.stanford.edu/graduate-program/graduate-admissions/faq-prospective-phd-students#Admission). Anyone have insider info to the contrary, or do we really need to wait ~2 weeks for admissions offers?

Offers of admission will be made in mid-February and admitted applicants will be invited to attend our Ph.D. Admit Visit to be held April 2-4, 2017.

Edited by sharklotte

Hang in there @globetrotter126! There's still six schools that could surprise you. I've been using CARROT To-Do app to entertain and motivate myself, one little task at a time to get stuff done and to keep me busy. (The app is tempting me with a kitten. I do not know what this actually entails. But I like kittens.)

3 minutes ago, globetrotter126 said:

I am beginning to think much the same. I had applied to 8 schools (IR subfield); I have a received a rejection from UCSD, and have reason only to be skeptical and worried about Berkeley. Of the 6 remaining, at this point, I am hopeful of hearing good news from only 2 non-top-tier schools. It is downright exhausting to wait through the cycle without an acceptance in hand. Doom prophesies of receiving all rejects form rapidly and get cemented in the mind, hindering the ability to do any productive work whatsoever. The words of encouragement on this thread are, however, a big help at times like these!

Agreed. It's nice to have a community of supportive folks here, especially when it feels like time is just dragging by. The daylight is dwindling today, I wonder if we'll have anything else for today, I guess it's still wide open for west coast options...

3 minutes ago, tkid86 said:

Hang in there @globetrotter126! There's still six schools that could surprise you. I've been using CARROT To-Do app to entertain and motivate myself, one little task at a time to get stuff done and to keep me busy. (The app is tempting me with a kitten. I do not know what this actually entails. But I like kittens.)

Thanks, I shall try that. Anything to occupy your mind! Also, apologies for plagiarizing your signature style without acknowledgement; I really liked it! To make amends, I should and shall insert the requisite citation.

2 minutes ago, globetrotter126 said:

Thanks, I shall try that. Anything to occupy your mind! Also, apologies for plagiarizing your signature style without acknowledgement; I really liked it! To make amends, I should and shall insert the requisite citation.

Ha. No problem and no need for citation there. I like how others list schools in their signatures, but I still don't feel comfortable listing all my schools in one place (just yet).

15 minutes ago, sharklotte said:

Just noticed this on the Stanford Poli Sci FAQs page (https://politicalscience.stanford.edu/graduate-program/graduate-admissions/faq-prospective-phd-students#Admission). Anyone have insider info to the contrary, or do we really need to wait ~2 weeks for admissions offers?

Offers of admission will be made in mid-February and admitted applicants will be invited to attend our Ph.D. Admit Visit to be held April 2-4, 2017.

I'm thinking they're just trying to play it safe and give a conservative estimate for decisions. My hunch is next week. 

7 minutes ago, correlatesoftheory said:

I'm thinking they're just trying to play it safe and give a conservative estimate for decisions. My hunch is next week. 

I assume so. I have put February 10 down as the time to expect Stanford's decision (based on previous years). 
So, lets see whether it comes next week.

1 hour ago, globetrotter126 said:

I once went through all rejections. I survived. You'll be fine too. At the moment, no point getting stressed though because you never know. So hang on! 

I freaked out about not getting anywhere and actually applied to one more school (UIC). I know that the returns for this program would be much lower compared to the others, but I believe that it would still get me a decent job back home (Turkey), and I have to go back due to MA Fulbright anyways.